Convolution Space sounds dropping out

Official support for: bestservice.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I have had this program for a couple years but now I see that sounds are being cut short as I press one key after another even at the lower end of keyboard. I see the CPU meter at the top of the screen clip when this happens and only 13% of CPU is being used.
I have version 2.2.4.001 - Is there an update for this? I looked and it seems my program is 2012 and the update I found at best service is 2008. What?

Hi Jjaran,

do you have already installed the update from 2008? What kontakt player are you using and how's about your computer hardware?

I did not install the 08 version of 'high/low sounds'. I saw that mine is from 2012. Kontakt player 2. My Acer Veriton has 2 gig ram and 4 ghrz. I also 'purged' the samples and reloaded them for no change.

Hi Jjaran,

i highly recommend you to do the update also because it could be possible that you have the inital 1.0 version of the dvd's. It's doesn't matter when you have bought it. This could do the trick.

Please let me know how you get along.

My Kontackt player version as I said is 2.2.4.001.

Well, I got to NI Service and downloaded CS update and replaced the sounds but it still shows version 1. I get some of the same symptoms of sounds cutting off but not sure. Maybe it's the way the sound acts.

Hi Jjaran,

i don't meant the kontakt player but the library. I've seen you've updated it already and as far as i know there were no problems anymore after that update. Kontakt will show 1.0 that's ok.

Convolution is very cpu intensive so maybe the reason could be some spikes which occour.

Which operating system are you using? Maybe a newer Kontakt player version could bring some improvements.

Hi,
I'm using Win 7. I don't see where to get an upgrade from player 2. I guess it's not free.

The newest kontakt player version can be downloaded here

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... -download/

The player is for free.

Thanks much!

Hi,
Well, I saw that player 5 is a demo trial so will keep 2. I did find the reason for the drop outs. Options- Engine- choose to 'kill voices' or disable. It was set to kill-relaxed. Disabling it has it working now with no problem.

Hi jjaran,

The Kontakt 5 Player is a FREE update, and will NOT timeout if you actually own a previous Kontakt Player library.

Hope this helps.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

I guess it will overwrite 2 and keep my Convolution Space in it?

No, it installs alongside K2 Player.

That way you don't lose any existing project settings if you update and you can also test to see if it works properly first without messing up your install.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Thanks for the info. I asked for an answer from NI support but no response after several days.

Return to “Best Service”