If you want iPhone support try Tapatalk

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What about now? Any closer to some kind of Tapatalk support for the KVR forum?
Canartic
downtempo.dub.psychedelic.twang
lossless downloads here...

javahut wrote:What about now? Any closer to some kind of Tapatalk support for the KVR forum?
No. I had hoped to find some good new forums on Tapatalk to go along with what I have here on KVR, and on the strength of this thread alone bought Tapatalk. I was very disappointed. Most of the forums that I would like to have grouped together on Tapatalk don't support the app. Also, many of the forums that are listed in the app, when I try to subscribe to them, say that either they are using an old version of the program or are no longer using it--either way, the forums aren't able to be read with Tapatalk. I have to say that if this is the best that is available, follow my recommendation and stick with Safari. :-(

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote: Most of the forums that I would like to have grouped together on Tapatalk don't support the app. Also, many of the forums that are listed in the app, when I try to subscribe to them, say that either they are using an old version of the program or are no longer using it--either way, the forums aren't able to be read with Tapatalk. I have to say that if this is the best that is available, follow my recommendation and stick with Safari. :-(
Most of the other forums i browse do support Tapatalk. The problem with the KVR forum i read is that they have a pretty old version of phpBB forums software running, and are not able to use a newer one due to some issues. I'd really like them to support Tapatalk as well but what can you do. :(

chk071 wrote:
audiojunkie wrote: Most of the forums that I would like to have grouped together on Tapatalk don't support the app. Also, many of the forums that are listed in the app, when I try to subscribe to them, say that either they are using an old version of the program or are no longer using it--either way, the forums aren't able to be read with Tapatalk. I have to say that if this is the best that is available, follow my recommendation and stick with Safari. :-(
Most of the other forums i browse do support Tapatalk. The problem with the KVR forum i read is that they have a pretty old version of phpBB forums software running, and are not able to use a newer one due to some issues. I'd really like them to support Tapatalk as well but what can you do. :(
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?.... What forums do you browse with Tapatalk? Do you have any good recommendations? Is there a way to browse a forum that isn't in their search list?

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Nope. To be in their list, as far as i know, the forum owner has to install the Tapatalk plugin, and activate the forum for Tapatalk.

I browse some other, non audio related forums, with Tapatalk, mostly german ones, so i doubt i could recommend you something. Don't know about any comparable forum to KVR as well, that is why people are so keen on Tapatalk support here i guess. 8)

Motunation,LUG(Logic Users Group),Vdrums Forum, & Soundsonline(EastWest) are some music related forums that use
Tapatalk.
Some other forums that use Tapatalk that are more Mac-centric are MacRumors and iLounge.
If you use an iPhone or iPod touch Tapatalk is very good. ;-)
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

add one more vote for Tapatalk, in case the forum could be migrated to the last version of phbb

Bump for tapatalk! This forum is the best but browsing on the iPhone sux!

Is Tapatalk that much better? I don't mind using Safari to browse kvr on the iPhone. I tried the Gearslutz app but that is a much less enjoyable experience than just using Safari.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Well i guess its a matter of taste but i honestly cant see how you can find
constant zooming more enjoyable than an app optimized for the screen and device your looking at:/ Really?

I'm a newcomer but iPhone support would be great.

I'm actually posting this on my iPhone and even though everything works it is not a pleasant or easy way to participate.
Miguel Marques @ bendermasteringstudio.com

Ben [KVR] wrote:I've had problems upgrading the forum to phpbb3.x (we are still on the ancient 2.x), which is why there's still no support for this.
Now that the upgrade is in place, is there any chance of enabling Tapatalk? It's great for the forums that already support it, and it makes browsing on a mobile device so much more enjoyable.

The zooming isn't the problem on mobile Safari. The SLOWNESS is. It's near useless on iPhone 4 (and no, I didn't downgrade to iOS 7). I thought the announcement of new features for the forum upgrade included a mobile view? Can't find that anywhere.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Now that i have a more powerful phone, the lagginess is not as bad as it used to be, but still it's ten times more comfortable to use Tapatalk, or at least have a mobile template. A mobile template would be cool, but Tapatalk would be highly appreciated. :)

A little bump for this, sorry for the nagging, but it'd be really cool to have this, and it shouldn't even be that much work to implement it. :)

Return to “Site Stuff”