KVR Forum Upgrade - Xmas 2013

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Muzik 4 Machines wrote:the function that opened all thread links in new tabs seems to be gone too
+1

VitaminD wrote:I've noticed the kvr website never completely loads over here. It as if it is continually downloading (circle loading icon) but never finishes (even though all of the page is showing the browser thinks it isn't finished loading).
I noticed that problem here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/news/embertone- ... ease-24523

when clicking on the product's image
ImageCakewalk/Sonar Plugin Management Tools

TheSteven wrote:
VitaminD wrote:I've noticed the kvr website never completely loads over here. It as if it is continually downloading (circle loading icon) but never finishes (even though all of the page is showing the browser thinks it isn't finished loading).

I don't see that problem - using Win7-64/Chrome here.

seismic1 wrote:
TheSteven wrote:

I don't see that problem - using Win7-64/Chrome here.
Same here - using Win7-64/Chrome.
When I click on the product image, it never loads.
When I click on the image for Harmonette I get the loading gif and it just stays there until I click on it then it goes away.
Only seems to be a problem for this one page.

If you click on the product image on this related page, the product image loads fine:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/harmonette-by-embertone

Just tried Safari and exactly the same thing happens.
ImageCakewalk/Sonar Plugin Management Tools

TheSteven wrote:

That image is linking to Soundcloud... Now that's weird... :scared:

SpyChrome is for noob doe

Donno if this has been reported yet but under the current setup when accessing the forum from a mobile (Samsung ACE II with Android 4.1.2 with Firefox 26.0.1) device 99% of the time the main forum page only loads up to "Everything Else (Music related)" and nothing further down... ie OT and the dev subs are missing.
Eternitysound VST Banks

"My Forums" isn't working atm.

I prefer the Screen Names to go back to the left , I gave it a while before posting this , but I just cant get used of them being on the right ...

Please, how to downgrade the forum???

I do not like the new one personally.

Cheers,

miquelmatas wrote:Please, how to downgrade the forum???

I do not like the new one personally.

Cheers,

You can't. :hyper:

I've been on KVR for a couple of hours today. The website response has been very good. Page updates have been very fast. Has Ben been doing some more tuning?

Tricky-Loops wrote:
WOK wrote:
pdxindy wrote:also... what dark list on the side?
The "what's new" that is now UNDER the thread (but should be at the side)....
My "What's new" is still on the right side. Maybe it's different on laptops?

On a 15" (1440x900) macbook everything is the same as before here too.. bar the colours of course.. whatsnew is on the side just as always, and forum is skinny in the centre of page. Maybe it has to do with one's forum width setting.

i noticed this as well when i used a custom width in the "customize kvr" settings. with the default setting it works fine here.

I am not sure it has to do with the new forum software, but I guess the following used to work before:
I was writing a reply and had to check a screenshot from the previous KVR page. So I long-clicked the back button in Chrome to open the history drop-down menu and opened the previous KVR page while holding Ctrl pressed so that it opened in a new window. It worked, however that page did not respond at all, I could not even scroll or mark text, it was like dead. Then I got a time-out error message for both KVR pages, the post composition page and the previous page.

Anyway, another suggestion: Delete all the View topic, View forum, and Unsubscribe links plus text from the notification mails. I think they are superfluous and only make those mails longer than they need to be. The rest is long.winded, too. This would suffice in my view:

Hello abc,

Since your last visit the topic "xyz" has received a reply by def:
linklinklinklinklink
No more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

The KVR forum bot

Return to “Site Stuff”