KVR Forum Upgrade - Xmas 2013

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

you got a problem with babies?
you evil man!!! :x

vurt wrote:you got a problem with babies?
you evil man!!! :x
You wouldn't believe the crazy shit babies do when they grow up.

i blame the parents.

No news from Ben? Any chance we get My Forums working at full capacity soon?

Some bugs or unexpected behaviour I see with the new design:

- click on the mail icon opens "compose message". I liked the old way much more which opened the inbox.

- click quick reply, typing something, click "submit" opens the full editor instead of submitting.

(using Opera on Android)

EvilDragon wrote:No news from Ben? Any chance we get My Forums working at full capacity soon?

looks like hes busy fixing odd bits from the unstickied posts, im sure hell get around to this once all "problems" are sorted, till then get that mouse finger working hard! :hihi:

CableChannel wrote:- click on the mail icon opens "compose message". I liked the old way much more which opened the inbox.
Fixed
CableChannel wrote:- click quick reply, typing something, click "submit" opens the full editor instead of submitting.
It should only do that if someone has posted a reply since you started composing your own (to enable you to review your post if necessary).

the return to previous page after loging in does not work, it takes me back to forum home instead of my posts

Ben [KVR] wrote:
CableChannel wrote:- click on the mail icon opens "compose message". I liked the old way much more which opened the inbox.
Fixed
CableChannel wrote:- click quick reply, typing something, click "submit" opens the full editor instead of submitting.
It should only do that if someone has posted a reply since you started composing your own (to enable you to review your post if necessary).
Ah ok.

Thanks for the super quick fix! :-)

Fixed.
Frantz wrote:BBCode is disabled in the Off Topic Classics forum which makes it impossible to post new cat pics to the Caturday thread. Obviously, not an urgent issue. :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:A few more things I dislike:- When I quote posts which already include several quote levels, I get: You may embed only 3 quotes within each other. Why doesn't the software simply remove the oldest quote instead of forcing me to mess with quotes in the edit window?
I've increased it to 6.
fluffy_little_something wrote: - When someone else has written a post while I was writing mine, I automatically get the preview. I don't like that, the board is clumsy and slow enough already. Nor do I care what others have written meanwhile, I never edit my posts based on what someone else has written meanwhile. This could lead to a countless spiral of previews as someone else might again write a new post while I am reediting mine...
That's a (pretty good IMO) feature of phpbb3. I'll look into adding a per user option to disable it.

Woooo, My Forums working!!!

Just a notice - I have selected no Off Topic subforums to be displayed, but this still makes the Off Topic header show up. Possible to solve this?

Ben [KVR] wrote:Fixed.
Frantz wrote:BBCode is disabled in the Off Topic Classics forum which makes it impossible to post new cat pics to the Caturday thread. Obviously, not an urgent issue. :)
Thank you Ben.

Is allowing attachments a good idea? Will it make the next database upgrade even more painful?

Feature Request: Hide muted users (foes) from appearing in Latest Topics.

Ben [KVR] wrote:That's a (pretty good IMO) feature of phpbb3. I'll look into adding a per user option to disable it.
Definitely! It avoids the need to go in and edit posts if they don't make sense in the light of a post you didn't see. I really like that feature.

Thanks for all the updates, the board is certainly getting better and better, but I do have one request (which you may have already seen) - is it possible to install Tapatalk to the server? It would be great to have a better mobile experience than the one I get right now. Not impossible in a mobile browser, but not the easiest thing in the world.

Another thing: I use the "auto login" (or "keep me logged in") feature, but I got thrown out a couple of times already. Is there maybe a new or shorter expiration time on that?

Return to “Site Stuff”