New forum design - do you like it?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I much prefer the old forum colour scheme. Also, the menu at the top used to be much clearer, IIRC 'News', 'Plug-ins', 'Downloads' etc. were all in buttons? Or more clearly separated?
But the basic colour scheme of the forum is now less clear to me, it was perfectly fine before, why did they change it?

I HATE it. Not only does all this white blind me, the functionality is noticably less, making me click the mouse more now.
is this really the design, or is this temporary? I'm definitely going to use it less.

It's just the default phbb look, a consequence of the upgrade. It's not like this by design as such - it's just temporary - the priorities were to get the database migrated and working properly, window dressing will come later.

Personally I prefer the cleaner look so hope we get skinning options rather than one design rules them all - I would rather it was the whole forum that had the look though - it is incongruous just having certain parts one look and other parts the old look.

Thank heavens it's only temporary then, I really can't use the forum at the moment, the topic titles all look 'washed out' and it just puts me off.

I can cope with everything except the little animated icons. They're not as visually efficient as simply using color to indicate a new post. It's gimmicky eye-candy.

spirit wrote:I can cope with everything except the little animated icons. They're not as visually efficient as simply using color to indicate a new post. It's gimmicky eye-candy.
yep

i hate it.
it was a shock for me coming back here today! :x :cry: :roll: :o

I'm confused....

I don't like the new look.

Some of these sorts of comments are a laugh. :hihi:
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

i can't read the new albeit temporary colour scheme very well. tough on the eyes.
yes, i'm starting to show my age :(

No problems at all. It's only appearance and it will change. They underlying functionality is still there and that's all I really care about.

I love it!!!! When I'm tired and all I just come here and read a few threads.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

ick.

Seriously, how many threads like these do we need?
Ben already said this theme is temporary!
Don't forget we get to use KVR for free.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Return to “Site Stuff”