New forum design - do you like it?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ouroboros wrote:I miss the old...hold on
...back to form 8) :lol:

:hihi:

I'm now since many years on KVR and have seen many things come and go. :hyper: I think it's good to have changes even if some don't appreciate nor like them. Most people are used to it to have a "democratic" view and that's good - but owners of a site can decide for themselves how their site should look. In the end you can never make it liked by everybody! :phew: If I'd be the site administrator I'd do like i like it with no interferences by others.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only few times have I laughed as hard at a thread.

Best thing is this isn't the only one, there are five of these!

To be honest though rather than just laughing, I personally don't mind the layout or color scheme at all. Perhaps it shows poorly on some phones or browsers but in the typical 16:9 or 16:10 with the middle third of the screen occupied by the browser it fits perfectly.

White background with black text has been studied for decades and if you'd like to read up on that subject to learn more, by all means please do! It actually creates lower eye strain and it is significantly more efficient to read in this format, both width and color and contrast.

If you are using a screen that you have set so bright that it is literally burning your retinas, try turning down the brightness. Cheap crap with a florescent back-light will not adjust easily, but if you have a modern quality LED display and have adequate background lighting in your office (At minimum, a 40watt bulb in a desk lamp near-by) adjusting the brightness nearly to minimum (depending on the screen) will provide the very best performance. Your eyes will adjust after a few minutes and you will find you can spend countless hours staring at such a screen without any eye-strain issues.

A black background creates a situation where your eyes adjust to a "too-low" average intensity and the contrast of the white text creates eye-strain very quickly.

And last but certainly not least, this is one day after the forum was installed. Give it a break, it is like you are whiny little children who didn't get the right color tooth-brush and you refuse to brush your teeth until you do. Your entire life seems to revolve around the color of your toothbrush. Seriously?
Last edited by aciddose on Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

It's almost as much fun as a "reply to all" email storm.

ATTENTION EVERYONE I JUST REPLIED TO: STOP REPLYING TO EVERYONE!!
Regards, Mike

Can someone tell me if you can tie notes in Kirnu Arp. Thanks!

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Since you ask: I find the new forum MUCH harder to read and scan. :neutral:
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

the temporary forum was much more funner.

MickGael wrote:Since you ask: I find the new forum MUCH harder to read and scan. :neutral:
+1 :shrug:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I'm glad this look is only temporary. It reminds me of the white GUI of RP delay.

fateamenabletochange wrote:the temporary forum was much more funner.

i dont think ive used the word "temporary" in my 40 years alive as much as i have in the past few days.
probably a temporary glitch in my brain.

MickGael wrote:Since you ask: I find the new forum MUCH harder to read and scan. :neutral:
I totally agree. I consider leaving the forum because of this. It's so frustating.

new design is VERY bad and confusing ... :(

Melodyshine wrote:
I totally agree. I consider leaving the forum because of this. It's so frustating.
Honestly? :P

gimme a T
gimme a E
gimme a M
gimme a P

The blue just looks cheap. And the Edit/Quote/PM/Report buttons look pixelated... :scared:

But... this is temporary! Yay! :hyper:

Edit: You know, zooming out, it doesn't look half-bad actually. It was zoomed in way more than normal.

Return to “Site Stuff”