KVR Forum Dark Blue Theme

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ntom wrote:I have been avoiding the forums as much as possible because I kid you not, my eyes were too sensitive to this design that it kind of hurt.
:hihi:
Same here.
[Insert Signature Here]

I'm still nostalgic for the pre-blue days, does anyone know how to make KVR grey again?

eidenk wrote:
V'ger wrote:
eidenk wrote:It sure works in Opera 12, both with Stylish or as UserJS.
Hm, could you describe the install procedure in more detail? I tried to put the code in a file and named it both .js and .css while selecting either in Opera's 'Edit Site Preferences -> Display' feature (after right-clicking) the page, but nothing happening. Latest Opera 12 version on Win 32 here.
First you need to have an User JS folder specified in Opera. Check under "Preferences/Advanced/Content/JavaScript Options" and set one up if the field is blank. Then you just put in this folder the JS file that can be downloaded on the the Stylish page linked on the first post of this topic or use the one I have attached to this post in a zip if you want the extra bits from EvilDragon. Restart Opera and you should be able to browse KvR in its former glory (almost).
Thanks a lot, finally got it working. I had gotten close to this solution by some googling and yet even after your step-by-step it still wouldn't work, but it turned out the final trick to get it going was to avoid spaces in the JS folder name which I tried in final desperation and presto!

The Stylish extension worked, but only for the session. Next restart and the theme wouldn't load automatically, it would need reinstalling every time in Stylish and that wasn't on obviously.

The JS seems the better option all round.

Here's a small update of my edit of George's Stylish script. This one makes PMs more readable.

Code: Select all

@-moz-document url-prefix('http://www.kvraudio.com/forum'), url-prefix('http://www.kvraudio.com/lt.php') {

.bg1, .altcolrows1 tr:nth-of-type(2n+2), .post.pm { background-color: #204058 !important; }

.bg2, li.row, .altcolrows1 tr:nth-of-type(2n+1) { background-color: #1E3749 !important; }

.topiclist, .navbar { background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(center top , #707070 0%, #303030 50%) !important; }

.panel { background-color: #CADCEB !important; }

.post { margin-bottom: 1px !important; } 

.content, .signature, .author, .postbody, .postprofile strong, li,  #viewprofile, dl.details dt { color: #ccc !important; }

.postprofile { border: none !important; background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.1) !important; color: #ccc !important; }

blockquote { background-color: rgba(34, 43, 46, 0.9) !important; border: 1px solid #444 !important; }

.pagination a:link, .pagination a:visited { color: #111 !important; }

.navbar a:link, .navbar a:visited, .rightside a:link, .rightside a:visited, .header a:link, .header a:visited, li.linklist a:link, li.linklist a:visited { color: #09d !important; }

.postbody a:link, dt a.topictitle:link, .forumtitle, .topictitle, .faq dt, a.postlink, #kvrtopicblock a:link, #viewprofile a:visited, #viewprofile a:link, #kvrtopicblock a:visited { color: #cfc !important; background: none !important; }

a.ltlnk:hover, dd.lastpost a:link, dt a:link, dt a:visited { color: #cfc !important; }

.ltlnk { color: #cfc !important; }

ul.topiclist dd { border-left: none !important; }

.signature { border-top: 1px solid #555 !important; }

#faqlinks { background-color: #ddd !important; }

#forumcontent, dt { font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif !important; font-size: 1.1em !important; }

dt { font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif !important; font-size: 1em !important; }

.header .topics, .header .posts, .header .lastpost, .header .views, .header dt{ color: #09F !important; }

.postprofile { margin: 0px 10px 10px 0px !important; float: left !important; }

li.row { border-bottom: 1px solid #305070 !important; }

}

Thanks very much for this george!

Still no help on an iPad... :shrug:

Thx a lot, George!
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

EvilDragon wrote:Here's a small update of my edit of George's Stylish script. This one makes PMs more readable.

@-moz-document url-prefix('http://www.kvraudio.com/forum'), url-prefix('http://www.kvraudio.com/lt.php') {

.bg1, .altcolrows1 tr:nth-of-type(2n+2), .post.pm { background-color: #204058 !important; }

.bg2, li.row, .altcolrows1 tr:nth-of-type(2n+1) { background-color: #1E3749 !important; }

.topiclist, .navbar { background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(center top , #707070 0%, #303030 50%) !important; }

.content, .signature, .author, .postbody, .postprofile strong, li,  #viewprofile, dl.details dt { color: #ccc !important; }

.postprofile { border: none !important; background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.1) !important; color: #ccc !important; }

blockquote { background-color: rgba(34, 43, 46, 0.9) !important; border: 1px solid #444 !important; }

.navbar a:link, .navbar a:visited, .rightside a:link, .rightside a:visited, .header a:link, .header a:visited, li.linklist a:link, li.linklist a:visited { color: #09d !important; }

.postbody a:link, dt a.topictitle:link, .forumtitle, .topictitle, .faq dt, a.postlink, #kvrtopicblock a:link, #viewprofile a:visited, #viewprofile a:link, #kvrtopicblock a:visited { color: #cfc !important; background: none !important; }

a.ltlnk:hover, dd.lastpost a:link, dt a:link, dt a:visited { color: #cfc !important; }

#forumcontent, dt { font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif !important; font-size: 1.1em !important; }

dt { font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif !important; font-size: 1em !important; }

.header .topics, .header .posts, .header .lastpost, .header .views, .header dt{ color: #09F !important; }

}
Thanks for your mod, I like the layout with the user profile to the left in the post.

Any chance you could update the JS file with your latest PM fix? (or show me how to add)

Ben, are you still working on the blue theme? IIRC you stated over a month ago that you were... what is the status?

VitaminD wrote:Ben, are you still working on the blue theme? IIRC you stated over a month ago that you were... what is the status?
Asking the same... the color scheme in it's current state looks messy and un-professional, with dark colors on the right + a bright forum theme.
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

V'ger wrote:Any chance you could update the JS file with your latest PM fix? (or show me how to add)
What you quoted is the whole Stylish file. :D

EvilDragon wrote:Here's a small update of my edit of George's Stylish script. This one makes PMs more readable.
thank you. thats really helpful. :tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I made a few modifications to George and EvilDragons great code to make the colors of the forum dark grey as the screenshot below. If you need help setting it up, look on page 1 of this topic where George links to the different browser addons.

.bg1, .altcolrows1 tr:nth-of-type(2n+2), .post.pm { background-color: #2d2d2d !important; }

.bg2, li.row, .altcolrows1 tr:nth-of-type(2n+1) { background-color: #222222 !important; }

}
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

KVR forum is looking really bad and i'm visiting so much less than before the forum change.

I have George's style installed using style firefox Stylish. Once i've clicked on a topic the title is then dark grey. How can i change that behavior?

Also, Luftrum, if i want to use your changes where do i paste that code to?

Bye

I still don't understand why the theme hasn't been updated to the old colors as Ben indicated he would be doing.. months ago.

It doesn't take months to update a color theme for phpbb does it? And the lack of any communication leads me to think that maybe there is no theme update.. boo.

Stylish script works pretty well.. though wish the site natively went back to those colors too. Were muuuuch better for the eyes in a couple of ways. :cP

Return to “Site Stuff”