New 'print view' let down!

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the past I used the 'print view' option a lot to quickly get many pages of posts together.

Now the 'print view' option only works per page of posts. This is not as good as it was before! A big let down!

agreed, it would also help to have all pages viewable in one page at full resolution.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

*bumparoo*

any chance of a multipage print view?

*muff*

Chiming in on this request, it was particulalrly useful for the 100+ page threads. Any chance it could be reintroduced?
Thanks!

Super bump !!
Me too I am for the whole thread old printview, not only the single page.
I was using that a lot, even to save important thread as pdf and read offline. Often many threads have been helpful, even some very old ones of years ago and watching them in print view and saved as pdf helped me so many times..
Kvr is als a wonderful place were to learn things and that options was totally handy.
Now that is only for a single page to me a kind of sad issue...
Is that much difficult to reimplement it on the forum as it was available once?
please please please please....
:pray:

This is I believe a feature of the forum software, not KVR-specific. So you should look into previous requests and commentary regarding this feature on the official phpbb forum, bug tracker and feature requests.

https://www.phpbb.com/

It may be practical to implement some sort of customization to allow this (comment out the page break code?) but you'd need to look at the code yourself to find out.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... 5#p3052813

A mod for this here, apparently:
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=1197105
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

thanks for the info, will have a look over there and see if I'm able to do something.

You're probably not able, but Ben could most likely apply the mod to add this feature or change the existing button to the way it worked before, printing all pages at once.

It's just a bit of a pain to actually do, there are compatibility issues with different skins and so on. Most importantly, it takes some of his time to go in and apply that sort of thing and he might not feel it's worth it, considering the risk of taking down the whole forum for some period of time if something were to go wrong.

You could email him to mention it though, in case he doesn't take a look at this thread.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Actually there were many versions of on that thread and others linked there, but looking around I found the one that who did it define the good and optimized one, few lines of code downloadable, but yeah, is not my domain so beside downloading it and downloading another tool called "automod" I was able to do do nothing else.
I'll see about emailing to Ben, normally is not easy to grab his attention, pretty busy I guess.
Hopefully this thread already may be seen.
Thank again

There's now a link to switch to a Print All view from the single page print page. It increases it to 100 posts per page and adds pagination, like the old print view.

Great, thanx. I was really missing the old feature too.

Awesome, totally handy. Thanks a lot Ben

Return to “Site Stuff”