"Latest Posts" layout

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One thing about the new layout - I would prefer the sub-forum name to be more visible / easily read so that it is easier to select the threads of interest.

At the moment, as the sub-forum name follows the thread title it is in a different place on each thread line.
Last edited by DarkStar on Wed May 28, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I miss being able to click on the subforum in the latest posts page, now you can only get to the actual post that just got a reply.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Given that every entry is at least two lines deep, to accommodate the sub-forum logo, how about this?

Current layout:
Image ... Big pic: http://i.imgur.com/8rpIHXh.png

and Suggested layout:
Image ... Big pic: http://i.imgur.com/GME7nGN.png

There is no more vertical space needed and it looks a lot tidier to me.

Also, make the sub_forum text into a link too?
Inspired by ...

am i missing some setting that allows me to see who started a thread , as used to be the case ?..
seems as if the modified format shows only the latest post identifier ...

RunBeerRun wrote:I miss being able to click on the subforum in the latest posts page, now you can only get to the actual post that just got a reply.
This!

experimental.crow wrote:am i missing some setting that allows me to see who started a thread , as used to be the case ?..
seems as if the modified format shows only the latest post identifier ...
The "Started by <<user>>" could be added to my suggested layout by moving the last post details down to the lowest line.
Inspired by ...

Here's my rant from another thread, posted yesterday:
SWTrex wrote:I absolutely hate the new Latest Posts view.

1) There is no direct link to the subforum to which a displayed post is from. (As far as I can tell, I have to hit the "Forum" link above to get to it)

2) The first post date and original poster is no longer shown. I don't know if I am looking at a post from a recently-created thread, or a post from an old resurrected thread.

3) Having a whole line highlight with a mouse-over, and having the whole line a hyper-link is VERY annoying. (If I wanted to select text for copy, how would I do that?)

An another thing: under the "More" dropdown, when I select "MyPosts", I used to get a view of thread titles, highlighted if there were new posts. Now I get the actual post I made, and I have to click again to go into the thread to see if there are any responses.

I see nothing good with this new format. Someone please tell there's an option in my profile to go back to the way it was :pray:

SWTrex
I see as of today, that the "MyPosts" view has changed for the good...somebody's paying attention :hyper:
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

:tu: getting there :)

Could the <<last post by / at>> text go on the same line as the <<in sub-form>> text" so that more itmes are visible at a time and less scrolling is needed?
Inspired by ...

SWTrex wrote:Here's my rant from another thread, posted yesterday:

1) There is no direct link to the subforum to which a displayed post is from. (As far as I can tell, I have to hit the "Forum" link above to get to it)

2) The first post date and original poster is no longer shown. I don't know if I am looking at a post from a recently-created thread, or a post from an old resurrected thread.

3) Having a whole line highlight with a mouse-over, and having the whole line a hyper-link is VERY annoying. (If I wanted to select text for copy, how would I do that?)

An another thing: under the "More" dropdown, when I select "MyPosts", I used to get a view of thread titles, highlighted if there were new posts. Now I get the actual post I made, and I have to click again to go into the thread to see if there are any responses.

I see nothing good with this new format. Someone please tell there's an option in my profile to go back to the way it was :pray:

SWTrex
I see as of today, that the "MyPosts" view has changed for the good...somebody's paying attention :hyper:
Ben seems to have made changes in the last couple of hours that addressed all of my complaint items! Thanks, Ben! :clap:

I notice the latest reply by username is below the forum name, could save screen space by having it to the right of the forum name, I don't know if that complicates the design by whoever is making the website though, if it needed to be different lines.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

SWTrex wrote:
SWTrex wrote:Here's my rant from another thread, posted yesterday:

SWTrex
Ben seems to have made changes in the last couple of hours that addressed all of my complaint items! Thanks, Ben! :clap:
WTH! We've reverted! Original post date and poster is now gone. Also, the whole title post title area is once again a hyperlink.

Return to “Site Stuff”