Why are people allowed to close their own topics?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think this is a really bad idea. Please reconsider. People could just post controversial stuff, and when they read stuff they don't like, they just post their last word, and close the thread, without anyone being able to react. I think closing threads should be strictly mod's work.

Btw, this is not related to any recent happening, please don't take offense by it. I just happened to witness it, so i'm wondering. So, just generally speaking.

chk071 wrote:Btw, this is not related to any recent happening -> I just happened to witness it
How do you figure that out :?:

Just trying to say that i just witnessed it for the first time, i didn't know it's like that now. IMO, people should be requesting a topic lock to the mods. Not blaming anyone to do so, if it's possible now, but i think it's a bad idea really. Imagine you create a topic with 20 pages of discussion, and when you're pissed off by others opinions, you just say "Discussion ended" and close the whole thing. I don't think everyone has the repsonsibility to handle the function the way it should be handled.

It seems like allowing the equivalent of taking your ball back if the big kids are winning the game...

I think this is the best thing since sliced bread.

I have seen discussion becoming quite nasty in some threads, without any mods bothering to intervene, the latest evidence would be that discussion about Reaper last week.

It makes the older guys think twice before they gang up on somebody in a thread :wink:

You can always complain to the referee if you feel like a thread is going foul. :D The way it is now looks like everyone can be a referee. But not everyone is skilled to be a referee, that's my point.

chk071 wrote:You can always complain to the referee if you feel like a thread is going foul. :D The way it is now looks like everyone can be a referee. But not everyone is skilled to be a referee, that's my point.
It always worked before and there were never really any arguments over whether a thread should be closed or not when it went really awry... :shrug:

robojam wrote:
chk071 wrote:You can always complain to the referee if you feel like a thread is going foul. :D The way it is now looks like everyone can be a referee. But not everyone is skilled to be a referee, that's my point.
It always worked before and there were never really any arguments over whether a thread should be closed or not when it went really awry... :shrug:
Has it always been like it is now? I thought it has just been like that after the forums update or so. Saw trimph1 doing a test topic in these forums: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=413167

I mean that for the longest time you couldn't lock your own and it was always down to a mod. I don't know when it changed, but I didn't realize until today.

You're probably right that it was at, or soon after the update though.

Way too many threads are being closed too soon lately. I don't believe in trolls- they're simply a result of misunderstanding.

This thread's gonna get closed too, I just know it.

On the flipside, I think you're both great people. Don't feel so angry toward one another. It's only going to get more threads closed.

arkmabat wrote:This thread's gonna get closed too, I just know it.

On the flipside, I think you're both great people. Don't feel so angry toward one another. It's only going to get more threads closed.
Yeah, didn't want to upset anyone when i created this really, although the probability was quite high... just wanted to point out that IMO it's not a good idea (not pointing fingers at anyone), hoping that one of the mods sees this, and maybe can give a little statement.

Back on topic, I do agree that this self-locking thing isn't so great, from my experience of it being used...[Mod edit: interpersonal portion removed.]
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Lord love a duck.

Temp locked for cleanup.
No longer a moderator.

Personal arguments split. Please don't continue or restart them here.
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Site Stuff”