Why are people allowed to close their own topics?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

With regards to some people and locked threads, 'with great power comes great responsibility.'
They know who they are.
:love:

OK but if someone takes the ball home can't one just start playing with one's own? Figuratively speaking, of course... :hihi:

There's really nothing keeping someone from starting their own thread to continue the chat, no?

This is, of course, not in effect if a mod has closed it down for good cause.

Am I missing something here (as usual)? :lol:

chk071 wrote:I think this is a really bad idea.
I think it's a great idea, especially here.

I've seen more than enough threads where the poster either wished he never even started the discussion (although it was valid) because of "off-topic" discussion, or fights, or insults (or a combination of those), or simply didn't want the thread to continue since a sufficient response was received.

The only negatives I can think of are: 1. the poster does it for "hit and run" purposes, in which case you could simply report it, and it wouldn't be common anyway. 2. You really wished the discussion was allowed to continue. In which case tough luck, I say the thread starter's wishes take precedence.
"Music is spiritual. The music business is not." - Claudio Monteverdi

bluedad wrote:With regards to some people and locked threads, 'with great power comes great responsibility.'
They know who they are.
:love:
Spot on. :clap:

I think it's a good idea.
:borg:

Return to “Site Stuff”