General marketplace discussion thread sticky.

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Recently one particularly controversial seller has had his thread become basically a discussion by other users (myself included) about new sellers in general. I've also seen discussions form in other for sale threads about all manner of marketplace politics.

Aside from the fact that these essentially give the seller a free bump, i would imagine some might consider it a bit rude, especially when it can stray a little too far from the OP itself.

The existing sticky threads don't seem like the right place to discuss these things either, perhaps it would be worth adding another thread for general discussion relating to the marketplace. Just a thought, anyone else have an opinion on this?

If you refer to the thread i had in mind: The people who didn't want to buy from him and only want to express their thoughts about things which are not their business should simply write a PM or stfu anyway.

This people acting against KVR rules:

Please note that the 48 hours is from the time of the last post in the topic by ANYONE.

You may not get others to bump your topics and you may not bump other members' topics for no good reason.

Mods action please?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Less talk, more bargains!

Less talk, more bargains!
Size fixed for good reason. :D

Now, what have this to do with the private sales threads we talking about here?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I think we all know which thread I'm on about but it happens in others too. Expecting people to STFU however is probably unlikely. It became something of a public discussion beyond the initial concerns from which it originated, perhaps it would have been better continued in a more suitable general topic.

There is already a sticky thread where stuff can be discussed:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 43&t=49313

The bargain forum needs less rather than more sticky threads. More sticky threads, and they might extend into page 2 :help:

I wrote "or write PM".. ..Anyway, it's still against the forum rules. Aren't the rules for everybody?

murnau wrote:Now, what have this to do with the private sales threads we talking about here?
You say it like this:

The people who didn't want to buy from him and only want to express their thoughts about things which are not their business should simply write a PM or stfu anyway.

I think it is easier to understand when it is said like this:

Less talk, more bargains

(sourced from Worf: Less talk, more syntahol! )

Ah got it. I hardly think of bargains when we talk about a private sale with one item but of course at least for one person it's a bargain.

murnau wrote:I wrote "or write PM".. ..Anyway, it's still against the forum rules. Aren't the rules for everybody?
That's kinda my point. Since it became a public discussion about buying and selling safely when dealing with new sellers, it might have been better in the locked thread pertaining to that subject, not bumping a for sale thread which as you say is against forum rules.

The actual forum rules thread may have been a suitable place for this particular discussion but it doesn't look like somewhere many people post generally, hence the need for a maybe more open-ended thread.

I agree there are enough stickies there already though. The one about affiliate links can probably be merged into rules now and i wonder whether the music for sale one would be better in music cafe.

murnau wrote:Ah got it. I hardly think of bargains when we talk about a private sale with one item but of course at least for one person it's a bargain.
Lowering the intial sale price, that's less talk, and better bargain

Return to “Site Stuff”