Why can't i block certain members?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I understand not being able to block the main mods Gary and Dan, of course that makes sense. They are kvr admin and have access to every area of KVR.

but i don't understand why i can't mute those i think are douches who happen to be the moderator of one *single* forum about their own product.

So these people have no authority at kvr in general, just one sub forum for their OWN product, a sub forum i would never enter or read, and i can't mute their posts in the main forum and am subjected day in day out to sifting through their drivel???

Please tend to this Ben, or at least consider it - if it's possible to allow "mere mortals" like me to mute anyone I like but top level admin as yourself, Gary and Dan.
I think it's a bit unfair to not allow muting of certain developers cause they have a product forum here to be blunt.

They post in all the main forums I do, and are regular people and they have the power to mute ME, so why not me them? I am really not understanding this rule, TBH,

Theo, you really know how to tear sh** up, intentionally or not. :lol: Not sure if you seriously expect threads like these NOT to be very controversial...

I had my share of issues with one particular mod of a certain product. He banned me... :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Just mute everyone. Then you can post to your hearts content safe in the knowledge no-one will upset you. Oh, I think he has me on mute :party:
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

*This post has been blocked ,muted, and deleted to insure it offends no one.*

Its probably not a 'rule', its more than likely a limitation of the forum software. The software is basically off-the-shelf stuff,and it works a particular way. The only types of users are admin, moderator and regular user; while there are differences between what a forum-specific moderator and a sitewide moderator can do, they're still all the same type of users, just with a different 'scope' of control. They have a scope defined as part of their status as a moderator, but its not a 'thing' in and of itself. The control over who you can mute is implemented against the type of user they are, not the type of user they are plus the scope they have if they're a moderator.
Changing that would involve modifying the forum software, possibly significantly.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

The old fashioned way would be to simply not read their posts.

I wish I could block all crazy members to, but man how lonely and boring it would be then in KVR
:hihi:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

muting someone ?? imagine actually doing that :scared: :scared:

saw a vid theo uploaded a while back. he doesn't sound like half the whining f**k that you'd imagine from reading him :P :P :hihi: :hihi:

i'm sure you have me on block, T, but seriously, you gotta just lighten up

i've had some mini-melt-downs, spats etc here, but i take responsibility for my part, and always keep in mind that no one here is completely true to their real-life persona (and maybe not true to themselves then either). i seriously can't imagine meeting folk from here irl and not getting on with them

mutantdog wrote:The old fashioned way would be to simply not read their posts.
did someone say something ?? :scared:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:saw a vid theo uploaded a while back. he doesn't sound like half the whining f**k...
I think whiny is putting it very mildly. He seems like a pretty toxic person if you ask me. Ready to spit venom as soon as disagreements arise. I made one comment which he took as an insult (even though it wasn't meant as one) - he then threw multiple personal insults at me then locked the thread! I have more right to put him on mute but I don't really believe in that.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

This:
whyterabbyt wrote:Its probably not a 'rule', its more than likely a limitation of the forum software. The software is basically off-the-shelf stuff,and it works a particular way. The only types of users are admin, moderator and regular user; while there are differences between what a forum-specific moderator and a sitewide moderator can do, they're still all the same type of users, just with a different 'scope' of control. They have a scope defined as part of their status as a moderator, but its not a 'thing' in and of itself. The control over who you can mute is implemented against the type of user they are, not the type of user they are plus the scope they have if they're a moderator.
Changing that would involve modifying the forum software, possibly significantly.
I'm locking this before it escalates.

Return to “Site Stuff”