Do/Will we have a Euro Rack Forum at KVR?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do/Will we have a Euro Rack Forum at KVR?
And the beat goes on...

no we don't ... we have a hardware forum, but that is a very broad topic and any euro-rack discussion easily gets lost among the almost entirely non-euro rack posts.

we have a 'modular synthesis' forum, but it is software-centric - even the sub-headline under the forum name lists only software modulars. and again, if euro-rack discussion would take place there it would be lost amongst the software discussion.

so a big +1 from me. Euro-rack isn't so niche now as it arguably once was, it's pretty mainstream and only getting more so. a dedicated forum would be a great resource here at KVR and could attract more people to KVR who may not ordinarily visit it at all, which should be good for advertising stats.

We have a hardware forum already, right? Honestly, I think a Euro forum would be redundant.

Typical KVR visitor: "hmm, i wonder what's happening in the euro-rack world. Let me check what's available - the hardware forum. hmmm.... why am I wasting my time sifting through endless pages trying to find euro-rack posts ? f**k this I'll just got to another forum. Hmm. there isn't a euro-rack forum at KVR, I'll just go to a different site entirely. bye KVR advertisers!"

Typical Euro-Rack afficianado: "hmm, i wonder where i'll go to see what's happening in the euro-rack world and maybe share some of the news i have about euro-rack. not KVR, that's for sure, primarily because they don't even have a euro-rack forum."

"if you build it, they will come" ...or some such.

If we get to a point where the hardware forum is so over run by Eurorack posts, then I'd say it was time for a dedicated euro forum.
In the meantime, I'll keep going to Muff's (created by a former KVR moderator) for modular related stuff (not just Euro). :)

Maybe I'm being obtuse. I just don't see the need.

justin3am wrote:In the meantime, I'll keep going to Muff's (created by a former KVR moderator) for modular related stuff (not just Euro). :)
yes, i suspected you might have some bias, preference or loyalty for another site covering the topic.

the hardware forum won't become overrun with euro-rack posts because it is not a sub-forum that is conducive to eliciting and sustaining euro-rack discussion - for the reasons I have previously outlined. so it's a bit of a fallacy at best to say the hardware forum must first become over run with the topic. disingenous at worst.
if the 'DSP programming' forum was removed, I guarantee you they wouldn't start posting DSP programming stuff in the software 'instruments' and 'effects' forums. at least not to anything resembling the same level. most likely they'd go somewhere else where there was a dedicated forum.

with the provision of a dedicated sub-forum, I am confident it will validate its creation in the short term and pay dividends in site traffic and advertising in the long term.

I have no allegiances or alliances. I'm a moderator here, with many more posts at KVR than I have at Muff's. I just don't see the need for so many topic specific forums. It was nice when they made the DIY forum because all of that stuff had previously been going into 'Everything Else' but I see the 'Hardware' forum as a perfectly acceptable place for Eurorack discussions.

That said, I don't see other forums as competition. I don't know anything about advertising or dividends. I'm not trying to argue, just expressing my opinion. :shrug:
Last edited by justin3am on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justin3am wrote:I'm not trying to argue
in that case you have failed.

Daags wrote:
justin3am wrote:I'm not trying to argue
in that case you have failed.
:lol:
You got me!

justin3am wrote:I just don't see the need.
+1

KVR is a software-centric forum, but not exclusively. We have a Hardware forum that, I believe, was created specifically for the purposes of praising or bashing the Virus and arguing about how well/poorly software compares to the Virus. However, I believe that the mods will allow Euro(c)rack discussions there...as long as your posts specify how it is inferior or superior to the Virus. Now you know the real reason why Access called it the "Polar."

Come to think of it, maybe a dedicated EuroRack forum isn't such a bad idea.

:hihi:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Site Stuff”