KVR turning into a shop now?! (details please!)

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ben [KVR] wrote:
chk071 wrote:Simply "Buy/Sell/Special Offers"? :P
That's actually what I was leaning towards.
Yeah, keep it simple. But perhaps skip the "Special offers" as there is already the bargains no chat and bargains with chat, which I would consider to be special offers
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

chk071 wrote:In fact, you are registered here for years, and can use a platform to discuss, and express your (weird) opinion, for free. Time to cheer up, and be a little grateful [...]
It's a forum, and that means its content is user generated. It's logical that users also voice their opinions on how the forum is run.
Gratitude works both ways. Development of the site should focus on making it more useful to the users. For users to be able to assess changes, we need information on them, which is all OP is asking for.

skipscada wrote:
chk071 wrote:In fact, you are registered here for years, and can use a platform to discuss, and express your (weird) opinion, for free. Time to cheer up, and be a little grateful [...]
It's a forum, and that means its content is user generated. It's logical that users also voice their opinions on how the forum is run.
Gratitude works both ways. Development of the site should focus on making it more useful to the users. For users to be able to assess changes, we need information on them, which is all OP is asking for.
Well, no. If it was just that, it'd be alright. But, in fact, as i noted before, it's sort of a permanent, general pissed-off-state about literally anything. Anyway, he's got to know, and in the end, he will hurt his own credibility the most with it.

Why the name Market Place when there already has been subforum with the same name for many years :?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

First and foremost, thanks for the clarification, Ben.
But let's not end it here - there are still a lot of questions to tackle.

Ben [KVR] wrote:The KVR Marketplace is just another part of KVR which is why you are already logged in when you go to the MP section.
This is a point for concern, as mentioned already, a lot of people haven't agreed to that. But I get the simplification - to tie things together in an easy way.

Ben [KVR] wrote:The Terms and Conditions are specifically to cover buyers and sellers (developers) in the marketplace and do not affect any other part of KVR. You don't have to agree to them until you checkout. You only need to add your name and address if you checkout, for card validation purposes. We don't store the card number.
This might be the biggest point of discussion. For example, there is no mention of the "payment options" (only credit cards), then there is also no mention how/if the data is stored and what is needed for the purchase. Personally, I was always turned off by the give away draw on the main page (the raffle) that asks for our phone numbers as well (not needed in this case, but still).

Then the next concern would be protection of the data - and what will be done with it. What is being forwarded, how secure is it stored? A lot of users in here run "anonymous" (I'll get to that point further below - which actually is something that ticks me off with certain users), and they want to stay that way. What if somebody can hack into the data base and sniff out personal information?

So security on that end is a big matter. "Weaving in" a shop into the forum, to create more revenue (which is understandable in the land of ad-blocks and access of various thousand clicks a day), makes things super complicated. And that needs to be addressed right from the start IMO.

Ben [KVR] wrote:An official launch announcement will be forthcoming!
Please do so!
I'm sure there will be way more questions by other users than the ones I initially wrote down.

Ben [KVR] wrote:And yes, the MP forum should probably be renamed to... ???
My vote is either "KVR Classifieds" or "KVR Second Hand". Then again, since companies and musician/audio engineer freelancers also roam in that section, it can't be really called either of them. And I posted about this months ago already.

What if there are people that want to offer their services, what about people that sell samples/sound sets? The whole forum sometimes has triple the amount of sale threads (not counting company subforums), this needs to be addressed at some point. Tidied up even.

I understand that KVR wants to set itself off of other forums. But if such a big change is introduced, other sections need to be fine tuned in turn.

Doug1978 wrote:Shhh! We mustn't speak the name of G*******Z around these parts :x :x

(Even though a fair few of us have accounts at both...).

And it's really about time we launched another KVR raiding party on that mob.

Who's with me, lads?
I hope Ben and some users don't take this personally - but in certain cases, GS is more mature than KVR. And the focus is completely different as well (the DIY and acoustic section for example, the developer talk, etc)

This clearly shows with the following commentary...

chk071 wrote:
skipscada wrote:
Well, no. If it was just that, it'd be alright. But, in fact, as i noted before, it's sort of a permanent, general pissed-off-state about literally anything. Anyway, he's got to know, and in the end, he will hurt his own credibility the most with it.

This is what I criticize with KVR as of late - a lot of users hide behind nicks and aliases, and then can pull sh*t on others. In this particular example, user chk071 is hiding behind an alias.

You (chk071) ride my ass so hard lately, it's not even funny. In nearly every thread I write (you didn't so far in the one you requested me via PM to start), comment, state my concern - you are there (and also a handful of other people that are only waiting for a "wrong move" from me), you question me (not in a good way), you point fingers, state that I am on a constant company vendetta or similar nonsense. You insist that I will "hurt my own credibility due to this". Yet you're so ignorant to not even see what you do, and you're so chicken to not even face me in person or on my own grounds (the Mix Challenge, topics about metering tools, etc). Just a couple of places where I'm a more than respected user (I do work with various companies after all, and I do write white papers that are discussed at trade shows and engineering conventions). Why? This is not your turf to play - because you have no ground to cover there.

In other words, you're a stalker. Everything I write or do, it's personal to you. And I don't even know you or why you're so constantly offended. You derail threads on purpose that you insist that I do in turn, you drag my thoughts, experience (or) knowledge and name into the mud just to show off how superior and "so much more respected (dare I even say superior) you are".

If somebody needs to be booted off the forum, it is people like you (threats via PM can go both ways!). People, that drive other users to the brink of insanity and force them off this forum, their fun on it being damaged forever - just to get back a piece of mind (another reason why I only write in selected threads these days). Which is only another trophy for you - "good riddance, KVR is better off without you". Sorry - can't agree on that. I actually feel pity for the likes you.

So would you please so kind and just f*ck the hell off?
This thread is not your playground for your more than apparent personal vendetta

And now that Ben has also been made aware of this, not just the mods - let us please get back to the questions and concerns on the new "KVR Marketplace".
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

And unless it's escaped your attention, as put above, I am a member of Gearslutz.

EDIT
Last edited by Doug1978 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

To be fair, in this thread OP's first post was entirely normal and respectful (how often does a post end with "please"?), and then the other guy started making snide remarks. I don't know and don't care if it's the continuation of past conflicts between them, but based on this thread I know where my sympaties lie.

Doug1978 wrote:And unless it's escaped your attention, as put above, I am a member of Gearslutz.
And this was nothing more than a comment aimed at that - nothing personal towards you. GS is(!) a more mature place sometimes.

It was however a perfect tie in for the other... "commentary". So sorry if you feel that this was an attack towards you - it was definitely not.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

chk071 wrote:
skipscada wrote:
It's good of you to try to help him maintain his credibility. However, I get the feeling he doesn't want your help, so perhaps you should do yourself (and others) a favour and just mute him like the rest of us do when someone gets on our nerves.

Compyfox wrote:
Doug1978 wrote:And unless it's escaped your attention, as put above, I am a member of Gearslutz.
And this was nothing more than a comment aimed at that - nothing personal towards you. GS is(!) a more mature place sometimes.

It was however a perfect tie in for the other... "commentary". So sorry if you feel that this was an attack towards you - it was definitely not.
Thanks Compyfox - apology and clarification accepted :tu:

(And it's true that GS, or indeed some other music forums, can be more mature at times.
However, in fairness, GS can also be a fairly immature place too when members want to be, as I'm sure plenty of us know...)

Anyway, let's wait and see what this new idea by the KVR management involves.

Cheers :)

ps, I've edited the above post by me (apart from my GS sentence), because ultimately it's not adding anything constructive to this thread.

Actually - another question to the shop:
There is no mention about TAX for digital distribution. Which was a huge topic a couple of months ago as well - though granted, for EU grounds and not US grounds. But it's still a valid point to talk about.

Ben [KVR] wrote:And yes, the MP forum should probably be renamed to... ???
i always think "land" is kind of catchy like "losingmoneyland" some people will say yessir that's me and have to check it out.

but now i think you should call it the full on shop.

like, "hey look what i've got!" "blimey where'd you get that?" "at the full on shop of course". the name itself is the breeding ground for trust. it's the breeding ground, for trust.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

TAX will be calculated during checkout (after you've choosen your country).

BTW, two minor bugs :
- the street name cannot contain '/' character, so I'm not able to enter 'MyStreet 5/2 C' ie.
- I have to enter a state (using '-' character if I do not have one gives me an error)

Purchase worked so far, got the UVI bonus library for $2.50 which is NICE ... ;)

Oh, the prices are not so great. So no alternative for the "usual suspects" (audiodeluxe, jrr, ...).

xoxos wrote:but now i think you should call it the full on shop.
I think you're trying to wind me up here (dictionary link) - probably due to language barriers or some other crazy stuff? Your posts sure are strange lately to be honest.

paulbreeze wrote:TAX will be calculated during checkout (after you've choosen your country).
Which country did you select? And is there an other payment option than Credit Card?

I didn't get any further than entering the address to check out what's happening under the hood to be honest.

Compyfox wrote:
paulbreeze wrote:TAX will be calculated during checkout (after you've choosen your country).
Which country did you select? And is there an other payment option than Credit Card?

I didn't get any further than entering the address to check out what's happening under the hood to be honest.
Hungary. 27% VAT. Only CC as payment. Used a VISA...

Return to “Site Stuff”