New amateur plugin sub forum

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So we don't have the main instrument forum spammed in a week with 6 new plugins, then another 'finally released' effort, and a bad taste, almost copyright breaching Disco named synth.

We usually have no issue separating men from boys, so let's keep it simple.
Make a place for amateurs to go to push their efforts away from the serious developers.

I would rather include serious developers who think they make money with another subtractive synth. What about a subforum for boring synths?

This is simply not going to work. The synth which triggered that proposal is one of these boring 32-bit Win only mini clones again, but I don't mind at all that they appear, just don't post in such a thread and all is fine. I bet you didn't listen to it - neither did I...
I would never turn down anybody who is proud of their own creation. I does not make your own creations better...

That subforum would stay empty, and at least for Reaktor ensembles, if find there more free interesting synths than in the so called serious commercial area...
Last edited by Tj Shredder on Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

no need for a sub-forum, but it would be great, if one could filter the instrument-forum (and any other) by win/mac, 32bit/64bit etc.

or at least, if the authors would post that in the headline.

i'm also quite annoyed by clicking on a new instrument-thread only to see, that it's win 32bit only.
even worse, when there is just a download-link without any information on the formats.

i really like to support smaller developers, but i just can't use most plugins on my mac with 64bit...

and i take it, the OP gets to decide who is branded as "amateur" and who isn't.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Yeah, f**k those guys giving away stuff; who do they think they are? And lets make the DC pro-only while we're at it.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

While we're at it, can we please make the music cafe only allow posts from people who are signed to big record labels?

funky lime wrote:While we're at it, can we please make the music cafe only allow posts from people who are signed to big record labels?

and photogenic ...

Total bullshit.
How bout we have a separate sub forum for trolls like the OP. They can bully, snipe, overly criticize each other and let the rest of us hang out and discuss music making tools, techniques, and the music we make.

Edit:
If you don't want to read about "ameteur" (lame jab) synths then Don't.
I think quite a lot of us technically qualify as "ameteur."
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

We do not need this elitist attitude here. I am grateful for all the fantastic free software that devs give away.

Burillo wrote:and i take it, the OP gets to decide who is branded as "amateur" and who isn't.
If it's a paid job, sure, I'm your man.

CrystalWizard wrote:-1
Total bullshit.
How bout we have a separate sub forum for trolls like the OP. They can bully, snipe, overly criticize each other and let the rest of us hang out and discuss music making tools, techniques, and the music we make.

Edit:
If you don't want to read about "ameteur" (lame jab) synths then Don't.
I think quite a lot of us technically qualify as "ameteur."

Calm down, dude, don't get your magic wand in a twist. :lol:

The topic is about wannabe devs like yobare periodically spamming the main instrument forum.
So you don't agree. Great. Leave your minus 1 and sod off. :tu:

Slaapstadseun wrote:-1

We do not need this elitist attitude here. I am grateful for all the fantastic free software that devs give away.
A couple of corrections. I'm not elitist for suggesting a sub forum for beginners, and the 'dev', just isn't.

Aliens wrote:
Slaapstadseun wrote:-1

A couple of corrections. I'm not elitist for suggesting a sub forum for beginners, and the 'dev', just isn't.
What, you aren't elitist by suggesting that we Make KVR Great Again, like we have no problem separating the men from the boys, by keeping the noob wannabe devs in their own corner?

Why don't you show us your fantastic software that YOU wrote. And point us to your epic music? Let's see what you are made of.

I don't know how to build a car but I know an Aston Martin is better than a shed built clone using knock off, lego parts. But all of this is immaterial to the point made - Should persistent amateurs be posting in the main instrument forum?

I don't think so, not from an elitist position, as I have used some great free ware. The issue isn't free, it's a quality and professionalism argument.
If the consensus is yes, then great. There's no need to pile on with a beat up any more.

Thanks for your input. lol.

Return to “Site Stuff”