Is there a way to get e-mail notifications for new "Sell & Buy" posts that match my search terms?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I check the "Sell & Buy" section of KVR every day and often twice a day, yet I still constantly find that other users are beating me to the punch when something I want appears for sale. In many cases I'll notice the post 6-10 hours after it goes up, and that's already too late and the item is sold! I can't afford to spend all day refreshing the forum, so the only solution I can imagine is to get e-mail notifications when a new post goes up that contains matching terms for the products I'm interested in. Is there any way to do this? I'm guessing not, but figured I should ask just in case there's a board feature that I'm missing. If I'm right in thinking that it's not possible, I'd like to formally request that some functionality along these lines be added. I think I speak for many of us in saying that it would be a huge help.

Of course I realize that I could just do a WTB thread for those items and get e-mails when a reply or PM comes in on my thread, but that's a whole different thing and not really a substitute for what I've described... ;)

I agree. This would be excellent.

That'd be great, but, i'm pretty sure it's not possible with the forum software.

Use Distill web monitor

Yes, monitoring tools like Distill can be configured. But it can be tricky to configure such tools to ignore the various non-content elements (ads, notifications). Setup can be a bit complicated for non-technical users.

If "watch" functionality were integrated into KVR, it would help everyone.

Return to “Site Stuff”