Who banned 1eqinfinity and why???

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As there is strangely no forum for forum related questions, I post it here, because 1eqinfinity is the contributor to the OSC Challenge and I haven't seen any post of his anywhere which could explain that.
On Another note, why the hell, if some one is banned this isn't documented???
How could one defend such actions???
Is KVR censored? How could we prove that its not???

Questions over questions which need an answer...

If worse comes to the worst we would have to discuss this maybe on a different forum to give 1eqinfinity a chance to tell us what happened???

Also curious, he's responsible for some of the best free tools this forum has ever seen!

Tj Shredder wrote: On Another note, why the hell, if some one is banned this isn't documented???
Are you serious? When you register here, you apply to some rules. Forums are privately run. They don't NEED to host a forum. Hosting a forum and website requires financing.

Seriously, mods and admins don't owe you shit. Do you really think, apart from the time consuming job of banning and suspending members here, every single ban should be documented? For who? And, who are you to think that the mods here owe you an explanation or justification to ban users? It really doesn't sound as if you ever have been involved in some forum work.

Also, there is no freedom of speech on privately run sites and forums. You wouldn't walk into someone's home, act like an idiot, and demand your human rights either, would you? Absolutely silly post...

I'd be interested to hear why he was banned too. It seemed to come out of nowhere :shrug:

thecontrolcentre wrote:I'd be interested to hear why he was banned too. It seemed to come out of nowhere :shrug:
Only seen very friendly posts of 1eqinfinity, so yeah: interested to know what happened....

The purpose of this forum is to have access to information about available tools and news in software development. It’s not a free for all. A lot of folks (including myself) have stepped over that line and been given temp. bans. I don’t know what happened or what he/she did, but it’s most likely a temp ban as a slap on the wrist.

That being said, consider the type of people you are dealing with on a forum like this. A lot of folks get thier panties in a bunch at the drop
of a pin these days. They have been raised to be offened by everything and that they have no purpose without protest. Best answer is only speak when necessary and overt your eyes.
Last edited by Dasheesh on Thu May 10, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thecontrolcentre wrote:I'd be interested to hear why he was banned too. It seemed to come out of nowhere :shrug:
That's fair enough, and a quick PM to a mod would probably easily solve this.

Demanding for bans to be documented on the other hand is :dog:.

Read the rules here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/ucp.php?mode=register

You agree to those when registering on this site, agreeing to act accordingly, if you violate those, you get banned. Simple. Everyone frequenting a forum is doing that courtesy of the people paying the bills to run this site. I find it extremely bold to demand to get informed about mod decisions, or demanding "freedom of speech". As i mentioned, i don't walk into someone else's house either, behave like the biggest pr***, and then demand freedom of speech, or similar nonsense. OP is way off, and you should really ask yourself if a forum is the right place for you, with such an attitude.
Last edited by chk071 on Thu May 10, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tj Shredder wrote:As there is strangely no forum for forum related questions,
yes there is.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2
On Another note, why the hell, if some one is banned this isn't documented???

Questions over questions which need an answer...
The folk who run KVR dont actually owe you any such thing; you're beholden to them (to behave according to their rules of conduct), not vice versa.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

chk071 wrote:
Tj Shredder wrote: On Another note, why the hell, if some one is banned this isn't documented???
Are you serious?
Yes, of course!!!

KVR is sponsored by adds, yes, but the crucial content is provided by users.
I am just wondering, because it would be easy to find out, if a banned persons posts would still be searchable, and a simple message could explain why it is happening. There are also rules also for a free press, to be called free... I have no problem in general if people can be banned for breaking rules, but I would want to know what rules are broken. especially in this case...!
My demands are fair and I think obvious...

whyterabbyt wrote:yes there is.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2
Thanks, overlooked it somehow...

I'm going to go with petty name calling and bickering as the reason. Looks like the banbanner was wielded on both the involved parties, one of whom is a known troll.

Moral of the story: don't feed.

Tj Shredder wrote: KVR is sponsored by adds, yes, but the crucial content is provided by users.
No. The financing is purely based on ads, and the impact of the site is purely based on companies presenting their products here. There is nothing the users add to the financing of this site, and that is the most important thing for the existance of the site.
Tj Shredder wrote: There are also rules also for a free press, to be called free...
This is neither "the press", nor is there any demand in being called "free".
Tj Shredder wrote: My demands are fair and I think obvious…
No, they aren't. But, hey, wait for a mod or admin to reply to this. I think you are way off, and need to use your head a bit better. If you want to know why someone is banned, then ask a mod per PM. That'd be a reasonable way of doing it, instead of making a big deal out of it, and demanding things you wouldn't demand either, if you were a guest in someone else's house. AND, if you applied to rules when you came in, as you did on this site.

Tj Shredder wrote:[There are also rules also for a free press, to be called free... I have no problem in general if people can be banned for breaking rules, but I would want to know what rules are broken. especially in this case...!
This is a common misconception. Freedom of speech and free speech/free press is not the freedom to be a jerk, nor does it require that that sort of behaviour be tolerated. It also does not force anybody to have to give you a platform to air your views.

Most online platforms will have a series of rules - which you agree to when you sign up - that generally say "don't be a jerk and call people names; don't pick on people for who they are or what they believe; attack the argument, not the person". The reason for that is that if people aren't civil, the platform will become an unpleasant place. And then it either dies, because people don't like hanging out there, or it attracts only the unpleasant minority.

Also remember that in most cases, free speech stops once you start inciting violence or criminal activity, for example.

This isn't related to this specific case btw, just some general pointers to help you understand why society has made rules and why those that break them are ostracised. You are free to disagree with the rules (that is free speech), but you are not free to break them. Understanding that distinction is important.

Technically the powers-that-be do not owe any explanation, but that does not mean that it is not the right thing to do. Bannings happen all the time, but often you can see it coming a mile off (or for a few posts, at least), and most seem justified. It is another thing that someone (a developer, no less) be axed with no obvious reason given, and everyone left to just 'suck it up'. That just invites distrust :shrug:

@OP Hmm.. do you think we need a list of trolls and the reason why they are banned? Considered that no one ever got banned for having, let's say, ginger hair :D

Return to “Site Stuff”