Annual Subscription for Iris Presets

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Ok, Set 9 is out of the door containing 5 new patches / 166.6 MB unzipped. I sent the download link to all subscribers already.

Iris Subscription Set 9

Backstage Texture - MW - 4 Macros
A recording I made some years ago of orchestral musicians warming up backstage before a rehearsal,
(re)tuned and stretched in Melodyne
Each one of the 3 Oscillators plays a different segment of that sample
S1 plays in Non-Retrigger mode so it won't retrigger if you play legato/overlapping notes
Inverted Modwheel controls LP Cutoff
Macros 1+2 control Chorus/Delay Mix
Macro 3 controls the LFO speed of the amplitude modulation of S3
Macro 4 adds Distortion

Cello Mix - MW - 4 Macros
2 Cello samples from my soundset Alchemistry
S1 runs in Radius RT mod, S2 in Non-Retrigger mode so it won't retrigger if you play legato/overlapping notes
Inverted Modwheel controls LP Cutoff
Macros 1+2 for Delay/Reverb Mix
Macro 3 adds aliased distortion
Macro 4 controls the tone of the distortion

Ominous Pad - MW - 2 Macros
Two different electronic textures in S1+2 playing in Non-Retrigger mode so when you play legato/overlapping notes the samples will not restart from the beginning
The Sub Oscillator adds a modulated triangle wave
Modwheel controls Chorus Mix
Macros 1+2 control Delay and Reverb Mix

Reso Kids split - MW - 2 Macros
Playing and shouting kids I recorded in Taipei processed with some morphing Resonators (GRM) and a bit of Aether
Each one of the 3 Oscillators plays a different segment of that sample
Range: S1+2 play up to C4 (C5 in Iris erms)
S3 plays from C3 (C4) upwards
Modwheel adds Chorus
Macro 1 controls LP Cutoff
Macro 2 adds Reverb

Water World - MW - 3 Macros
Processed Water Drops recorded in my studio bathroom
S1+2 each play a different segment of the sample
S1 is pitch-modulated by a random LFO
Macros 1+2 control Delay/Reverb Mix
Macro 3 controls Delay Times

Here is a new demo featuring 3 Iris patches from the upcoming subscription Set No. 10 which will be distributed soon, maybe even later today:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/a ... -iris-demo

I just distributed the link for Set No. 10 to all subscribers containing:

Iris Subscription Set 10

Danger Dots - MW - 2 Macros
Modwheel adds random Filter modulation, Macros 1+2 control Delay/Reverb Mix

Metal Slam Cloud - MW - 3 Macros
A (looped) metal door slam I recorded in the staircase of a theatre processed with crusherX and other stuff. Each Oscillator plays a different segment of that sample - S3 runs in Radius RT mode. The Modwheel adds comblike delays which can be tuned with Macro 3. Macros 1+2 control Distortion amount and Reverb Mix.

Monster Zoo - MW - 4 Macros
A field recording I made in a zoo with some ibises and a chirping birds in an aviary. S1+2 both play a different segment of that sample, S1 is pitchmodulated by a noise-shaped LFO. Macros 1+2 control Delay and Reverb Mix, Macro 3 adds distortion, Macro 4 control LP Cutoff. The Modhweel adds Chorus.

Ping Pan Sequence - MW - 2 Macros
A sequenced Zebra sound I prorammed for this patch processed with ÜberMod and PitchFunk. Original speed: 120 BPM. The 2 Oscillators play different aspects of the sequence. If you want the tempo fixed to 120 BPM switch both Oscillators to Radius RT mode.
Modwheel adds Distortion, Macros 1+2 control Lowpass Cutoff and Reverb Mix.

Scrape Drone Scape - MW - 4 Macros
A texture I made with Metasynth, resynthesizing an electronic texture and playing the resynthed data with scraped cymbal sounds from my soundset Alchemistry Metallurgy. The result then filtered by importing a geometrical image and then processed with more Plug-Ins. The 2 Oscillators play different frequency bands of the same sample, S2 runs in Radius RT mode.
Modwheel adds Pitchmod, Macros 1+2 control Delay Mix and LP Cutoff. Macro 3 adds Filter modulation (turn Macro 2 down for more audible results) and Macro 4 controls the modulation speed.

Strange Place - MW - 2 Macros
Another Metasynth texture, S1+2 play different segments of the same sample, the Sub oscillator adds a spectralized sawtooth wave. S2 runs in Radius RT mode.
Modwheel adds Chorus, Macros 1+2 control Delay/Reverb Mix.

Voice Tails - MW - 1 Macro
Vocal samples from my Alchemy soundset Alchemistry Beyond processed with Eventide's Backhole and some other stuff. Both Oscillators play different segments/bands of the same sample. S1 runs in Non-Retrigger mode so when you play legato/overlapping notes the sample will not retrigger from the start.
The inverted Modwheel controls the LP-Filter Cutoff, Macro 1 adds Delays.
This patch is great for big and lush pads/chord progressions.

Apart from Iris being a really fun way to create, subscribing to Patchpool is an amazing experience because of the flood of new patches which keep coming ! And the patches themselves are very original.

:o

I can thoroughly recommend this !

SeaDream wrote:Apart from Iris being a really fun way to create, subscribing to Patchpool is an amazing experience because of the flood of new patches which keep coming ! And the patches themselves are very original.

:o

I can thoroughly recommend this !
Thank you for the flowers :)

And here is a Pentecost demo featuring a new Iris patch from the upcoming subscription Set No. 11:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/d ... -iris-demo

Today I found some time to make a new patch from/with processed glass samples (IKEA) for the upcoming subscription set which I will try to post on Monday next week.
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/g ... -iris-demo

I just sent the link for subscription Set No. 11 to all subscribers.

Iris Subscription Set 11

Dark Majesty split - MW - 1 Macro
Both sources play different segments of the same sample, the 2 samples overlap between C3/C4 (C4/C5 in Iris terms)
Modwheel adds slow temposynced Pitchmod
Macro 1 controls HP Cutoff

Dream Shifter - MW - 2 Macros
Both sources play different segments of the same sample, the Modwheel controls the volume of S2, with the wheel down it's only audible very softly
Macros 1+2 control Reverb Mix/Distortion amount

Glass Design split - MW - 3 Macros
A long sample of tinkling glasses processed with various goodies
Both sources play different segments of the same sample, split point is G3/G#3 (G4/G#4 in Iris terms)
Modhweel adds Pitchmod, Macros 1+2 control the individual LFO Pitchmod speeds for S1+2
Macro 3 for Reverb Mix

Grunger and Pad split - MW - 5 Macros
2 samples I made for this patch with Zebra and some processors
S1 plays up to C3 (C4 Iris) and runs in Radius RT mode, it's a rhythmical sequence (100 BPM), add distortion to S1 with the Modwheel
S2 is a more paddy sound and plays from C#3 (C#3 Iris) upwards
Individual Reverb control for S1/S2 with Macros 1+2
Macro 3 for Reverb Size, Macro 4 for LP Cutoff (the filter runs pre FX send) and Macro 5 for LP Resonance

The price for the annual subscription is now 25 €

I spent the afternoon with Iris finishing some patches for the upcoming subscription set No. 12, here is a demo combining several of those patches:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... -patchpool

I'll try to release the new set some time tomorrow.

Here is another demo with a new patch from Set 12 programmed during the night:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/m ... -iris-demo

I'll be sending the link for Set 12 around in a minute.

Here is the info for Set No. 12:

Iris Subscription Set 12 - released on June 13 2012

6-8 Mania Loop split - MW - 2 Macros
A drumloop in 6/8 made with one of my Tremor Kits, each instrument processed differently with various temposynced FX.
Original BPM 75 /root notes at C3/C5 - C4/C6). S1 (mapped up to C3/C4) plays the entire +1 minute loop with no spectral selection, S2 (mapped from C4/C5 upwards) plays a shorter segment looped back and forth with a more narrow frequency band with some spectral transitions.
The Modwheel heavily distorts S2. Please check the (labelled) Macro page.

Dotted Violin - MW - 6 Macros
2 violin sample from one of my Alchemy Banks are used in this patch. S1 plays a shorter sample playing the violin behind the pont with a dotted spectral selection. S2 and S3 play a sample flautato/sul tasto style, S2 with a rather narrow banded spectral selection and S3 with the full range sound. Bring in S3 with the Modwheel to change the timbre of the patch. S2+3 play in Non-Retrigger mode.
Add modulation to the LP Filter with Macros 1+2 (Depth/Speed), Macros 3+4 for Delay Control, M5 for Reverb Mix and M6 tunes S3 down an octave.

Field Danger - MW - 6 Macros
A field recording I recorded on a russian Ice Lake in 2011 (at -27° not Fahrenheit, Celsius!) picking up warning signals from a coal mine very far away. Processed with various Plugs.
Each source plays a different segment of that long sample, the volume of S2 is assigned to the Modwheel, turning that up will totally change the sound and bring in a segment of the original soundscape without any spectral selection. Each source has a different Pitchmod assigned to Macro 1. Altogether 5 labelled Macros are assigned.

Grinder Scape split - MW - 7 Macros
3 samples islolated from a live-on-tape-impro intermodulating a Zebra Drone with a Granite Scape using GRM Tools Grinder.
Split across the keyboard overlapping at G2/C5 (G3/C6 in Iris terms).
S1 runs in Radius RT mode, S3 in Non-Retrigger mode so playing overlapping notes will not retrigger the sample from the start.
Modwheel adds evil distortion, 7 Macros are assigned to various stuff, it's all labelled in the Macro page.

Magic Split - MW - 5 Macros
S1 plays a sample I made with one of my Chromaphone patches, a sequence (100BPM) processed by various Plugs.
S2+S3 play a Bass drone made with one of my Razor patches processed by various Plugs, each source highlighting different spectral content.
Overlapping split poin is C3 (C4 in Iris terms).
All sample play in Non-Retrigger mode so playing overlapping notes will keep things fluid.
The inverted Modwheel controls the cutoff of the LP filter. Please check the (labelled) Macro page for assignments.

New World Scape - MW - 3 Macros
Every set needs some New Age vibe, so this patch combines one of my airy fairy drony soundscapes with an Iris Sub-oscillator. S1 plays in Radius-RT mode so watch your CPU/voice count. Modwheel adds Chorus, tune the Sub up 2 octaves with Macro 2, add Delay with M1, control the LP Cutoff with M3.

After almost 2 weeks without Iris here is a demo for a new patch from the upcoming subscription Set No. 12:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/o ... -patchpool

Here comes a new demo combining 2 new Iris patches from the upcoming subscription set. One of them uses a sample made by first recording big fat rain drops hitting my studio window, then filtering them and shaping them with a transient designer, then sending them through a tuned Combfilter. Then drawing harmonic dots in Iris and adding some asymmetrical distortion and strange modulation.
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... -jetstream

I'll also be sampling an Okarina which I bought the other day in my local music store, that should make for some more good Iris patches.

Here is a demo combining 4 new patches from Set No. 13, I'll be sending out the link to all subcribers later today:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... -iris-demo

The Okarina samples will be part of the next set, I have to learn to play it properly first :)

Here comes the release info for Set No. 13 released today:

Iris Subscription Set 13

Chime Wonder - MW - 3 Macros
Harmonized, granulated and spaced out Windchimes from one of my patchpool Kontakt Libraries
S1 plays a narrow band selection, S2 plays the upper frequencies of the same sample, bring in S2 with the Modwheel
Check the Macro page for FX Control.

Evoluted Thunder - MW - 3 Macros
2 samples of processed thunder sounds recorded during a gigantic thunderstorm which woke me up during a recent night
Macros 1+2 control Chorus/Delay Mix, M3 controls the Cutoff of the HP Filter.
The Modwheel adds Pitchmod to both samples.

Glorious Thunder - MW - 2 Macros
More processed and unprocessed thunder sounds recorded during a gigantic thunderstorm
S1 plays a more distant unspectralized rumble, S2 plays a heavily processed derivative of a thunder clap and S3 plays a more natural thunder clap.
Macros 1+2 control Pitchmod/Pitchmod speed of S2, the Modwheel adds distortion to S1+S3.

Jet Streams - MW - 4 Macros
S1+S3 play a sample I made by processing one of my Absynth patches with various FX
S2 plays the sample of loooong Reverb tails of a French Horn melody, it runs in Non-Retrigger mode so that overlapping notes (legato) will not restart the sample.
The Modwheel adds distortion.
Macros 1+2 control Pitchmod/Pitchmod Speed of S1, Macros 3+4 control Delay and Reverb Mix.

Out there split - MW - 7 Macros
S1 plays a processed Absynth sound, S2+S3 play different aspects of another processed Absynth sound
S1 plays up to G3 (Iris:G4), S2 plays from C3 (C4) upwards, S3 plays over the entire range.
The volume of S3 is assigned to the Modwheel.
S1+2 play in Non-Retrigger mode so that overlapping notes (legato) will not restart the samples, S3 play in Radius RT mode.
Please check the labelled Macro page to see what the 7 assigned Macros are actually doing.

Raindrop Combs - MW
Recoding big fat rain drops hitting my studio window, then filtering them and shaping them with a transient designer, then sending them through a tuned Combfilter. Then drawing harmonic dots in Iris and adding some asymmetrical distortion and strange modulation.
S1 plays the first half of the sample with the spectral dotting, S2 running in Radius RT mode plays the second half with a broadband selection, bring in S2 with the Modwheel.

Tremor Blackhole - MW - 2 Macros
S1 plays a drumloop made with one of my Tremor Beats and Blackhole - original BPM: 70 - root note C3 (Iris: C4)
S2 plays the same sample without the bass frequencies in Backwards-One-Shot-mode, bring it in with Macro 2.
Modwheel adds Saturation - Macro 1 controls Highpass Filter Cutoff.

----

The subscription price has been upped to 28 Euros.

Return to “patchpool”