Annual Subscription for Iris Presets

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Here is a track combining three fresh Iris patches from the upcoming set no. 41:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... -iris-demo

"Ionian Ladder" from set 41:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucIedrpzyI0

Here is another track, rather dark, combining three new patches from set 41, one of the Iris instances uses some VVVerb (the voice-like patch, this is a melodyned shopping mall-crowd, tuned to a minor scale and timestretched, then spectralized in Iris):

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... -patchpool

Using a field recording made at a Tokyo train station in this patch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df-MZfaGnOY

Demo for iris patch "Frozen Field Split" from the upcoming subscription set 41.
This patch uses a sample with an excerpt from a live performance of one of my orchestral works.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/f ... -iris-demo

Here comes the release-info for set 41:

Set41 uploaded on March 1 - 2014 containing 9 presets (226.8 MB) including:

Cerberus Split
In the lower half of the keyboard there is a drone sound playing, mapped up to C3 (C4 in Iris), made with sounds I programmed in Spectral and HALion 5. This sound is split up into 2 frequency bands (S1+3), control the volume of each band using Macros 3+4, add amplitude modulation to S1+2 with Macro 5, M6 controls amp mod speed. From C#3 (C#4) there is a mysterious sample with processed glass samples playing in S2, add noise-shaped pitch modulation to the glass scape with M7, control the speed of the noise generator with M8. All samples play in Non-Retrigger mode. M1+2 (x/y) control the amount of Chorus and Delay FX.

Frozen Field Split
This patch uses a sample with an excerpt of a live-performance of one of my orchstral works. S1 - mapped from C3 (C4 in Iris) upwards, root note at D#5 (D#6) - has vary narrow spectral selection of the first, calm half of the sample, the segment in S2 begins with a dark brass line, the main theme of this piece and then dissolves into spectral-ness. Both samples play in Non-Retrigger mode. The x/y-pad (M1+2) controls distortion amount/tone, the Modhweel reduces LP filter cutoff. Add temposynced amplitude modulation to each sample individually using Macros 3+4. M 5+6 control amount of Delay/Reverb FX.

Ionian Ladder Split
The sample used in this patch was made with Endless Series and some other plugins. All oscillators use the same sample playing different segments and spectral selections, the selection in S2 is particularly punctual.
S1 is mapped up to C3 (C4 in Iris), S2 plays from C3 upwards. S3 - reversing the second half of the sample with a full frequency range - plays over the entire range, it has a LFO assigned to it's amplitude, control the overall volume of S3 with Macro 6 and the modulation speed with M7. The other Macros 1-5 control various FX parameters. The Modwheel introduces square-shaped pitch modulation to S1+2, +/- 1 octave with the wheel fully engaged.

Modelled Hypno Glass
The sample used in all 3 oscillators is a glassbell-like texure programmed in Chromaphone and processed with various pitch-shifters, delays and reverbs. The Modwheel adds random pitch modulation to S1+2. The x/y-pad controls amount/character of the Chorus FX, the inverted Macro 3 controls LP filter cutoff. Introduce amplitude modulation with M4, control modulation speed with M5, M6 controls amount of Reverb FX. The samples in S1+3 play in Non-Retrigger mode.

Shopping Crowd In Minor Split
A field recording i made in a Hongkong shopping area (Mongkog, it's crazy there), mainly people shouting, yelling, laughing. This recording was melodyned, all pitches tuned to a harmonic minor scale with all modulations removed and then extremely timestretched. S1 uses the first half of the sample with a broader spectral selection, mapped up to F3 (F4 in Iris), root note at F2 (F3). S2 playing from F#3 (F#4) upwards uses a more punctual spectral selection in the second half of the sample. This can be quite a hypnotic patch when you let the sounds play over a longer period of time.
The Modwheel adds distortion (recommended), Macros 1+2 control amount of Delay/Reverb FX, M3 introduces noise-shaped pitch modulation, M4 controls HP filter cutoff. Happy shopping!

Spectral Float Split
Processed scraping sounds performed on a Tamtam. The same sample is used in both oscillators, S1 playing from C3 (C4 in Iris) upwards, and S2 from C3 downwards. The Modwheel shifts the cutoff of the HP filter and adds distortion. The x/y-pad controls amount of Delay/Reverb FX, M3 intorduces pitch modulation, M4 controls pitch mod speed.

Spectral Scrapes
Spectralized scraping sounds performed on a Tamtam. The same sample is used in both oscillators, S2 playing the inverted spectral selection of S1. The Modwheel shifts between S1+2. The x/y-pad controls amount of Delay/Chorus FX, M3 intriduces temposynced amplitude modulation (2 against 3).

Transportation Music
A field recording I made in a Tokyo train station, standing next to a ticket machine and the barriers passengers have to pass to access the platforms. The same sample and spectral selection is used in both oscillators, S2 having an offset of about 12 seconds. Control the volume of S2 using Macro 3. The x/y-pad controls amount and time of Delay FX, play with it for introducing some crazy transitions between comb-fltering and pitch mayhem. Add pitch modulation to each sample individually and control the mod speed using Macros 4+5 for S1 and M 6+7 for S2. M8 controls amount of Reverb FX. The Modwheel adds clipping distortion (recommended).

Waterphone Harmonics Split
A long scape made with processed waterphone sounds is used in all three oscillators, each osc playing a different segment. S1+2 are layered playing up to C4 (C5 in iris), S3, mapped from C#4 (C#5) upwards, plays the second half of the sample backwards/forwards. Macros 1-4 control various FX parameters, M5 adds pitch modulation to S1+2, M6 controls the attack time of S1+2. The Modwheel reduces LP filter cutoff and adds distortion.

----

There are now 287 patches including 6.03 GB of samples in this subscription. The price has been raised to € 95 EUR.

I spent some hours in the deep woods yesterday morning to do some field recordings for the Iris subscription. Here is the demo for a first patch "Mystic Bird Calls":

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/m ... -iris-demo

Here is another track using two new patches produced from/with unprocessed and processed field recordings from that session in the woods:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/i ... -iris-demo

Here is the last demo track with patches from set 42 - "Melancholy Birds", combining three patches all derived from that field recording session in the woods:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/b ... -iris-demo

And a video I made yesterday with another patch from set 42:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U0NlKAc-Es

Here comes the release info for set 42:

Iris Subscription Set42 uploaded on March 23 - 2014 containing 10 presets (293 MB) including:

Bird Pad
The same long sample is used in all 3 oscs, a field recording which I recorded in the deep woods on a sunny morning in early spring. Oscillators 1+3 play bird samples with a distinct tonality, Osc 2 plays a bird sound with a glissando, Osc 1 is running in Non-Retrigger mode. Control volume/pitch of Osc 2 with Macros 3+4. M 1+2 (x/y) control amount of Delay/Reverb FX, the inverted Modwheel 5 controls LP cutoff. M5 introduces pan modulation with slightly different LFO speeds for each oscillator.

Duck Loops
The same long sample is used in all 3 oscs, a field recording of a bathing duck which I recorded at a lake in the deep woods on a sunny morning in early spring. The x/y-pad controls the volumes of the 3 oscillators, open the Mix window and watch the oscillator levels to see what's going on. Macro 6 controls the amount of pitch modulation applied to all ducks, M7 controls the speed of the pitch modulation. M3 adds some heavy distortion, M4+5 control amount and time/feedback of Delay FX. The inverted Modwheel controls LP cutoff.

Harp Scape Split
The sample of a glissando in major played on my celtic harp, originally sampled for my sound library Scattered Entity Vol. 1 for MachFive 3, processed with PitchFunk, VRoom, B2 and GRM Evolution for this patch, is used in both oscillators. Osc 2 plays the glissando part and Osc 1 plays the long FX tail. Overlapping split point is C3 (C4 in Iris). The inverted Modwheel controls LP cutoff. Macros 1+2 (x/y) control amount of Reverb/Delay FX, M 3+4 add temposynced amplitude modulation.

Mystic Bird Calls
The same long sample is used in oscillators 1+2, a field recording which I recorded in the deep woods on a sunny morning in early spring. The Sub-oscillator adds a noise-modulated sine wave to enhance the pitches of the mystical bird calls. Osc 1+2 run in Non-Retrigger mode, Glide is activated. The inverted Modwheel controls LP filter cutoff, Macros 1+2 control amount of Delay/Reverb FX. M 3+4 add pan modulation to Osc 1+2.

Okarina Birds
A field recording of a bird which I recorded in the deep woods on a sunny morning in early spring is used in Osc 1. Osc 2 plays a resynthesized version of that sample produced in Metasynth by playing back the resynthesized and retuned data of the bird with some Okarina samples from my sound library Granular Worlds for Padshop Pro. Osc 3 adds a calm pad sound programmed on my good old Z1 hardware synthesizer. The Modwheel reduces LP filter cutoff and adds Tube distortion. Macros 1+2 control amount of Delay/Reverb FX, M3 adds a tad of pitch modulation to S3, M5 controls the volume of S3, M4 adds pitch modulation to the bird in Osc 1.

Penta Woods
Osc 1+3 both use the sample of a field recording with chirping birds and working woodpeckers which I recorded in the deep woods on a sunny morning in early spring. Osc 2 uses a resynthesized bird ambience tuned to a pentatonic scale produced with Metasynth. The Modwheel increases the LP filter cutoff. Macros 1+2 control amount of Chorus/Reverb FX, M3 adds Delay FX, M4 introduces square-shaped pitch modulation to S2, +/- 1 octave with M4 fully engaged, M5 controls the speed of the pitch modulation.

Woodpecker Trio
The same long sample is used in all 3 oscillators, a field recording with woodpeckers which I recorded in the deep woods on a sunny morning in early spring. The oscillators are finetuned to 440 Hz. The Modwheel adds distortion and increases the HP filter cutoff. Macros 1+2 control the amount of Delay (temposynced) and Reverb FX, M3+5 add random pitch modulation to Osc 1+2, M 4+5 control the modulation speed.

Woodpeckers Calling
The same long sample is used in oscillators 1+2, a field recording with two communicating woodpeckers and some bird calls which I recorded in the deep woods on a sunny morning in early spring. Both samples play in Non-Retrigger mode, in Osc 2 the sounds plays backward/forward. The x/y-pad controls amount/tone of the aliasing distortion, the Modwheel adds random pitch modulation. M3 controls amount of Delay FX, M4 modulates various delay parameters. Inverted Macro 5 controls LP cutoff and M6 controls amount of Reverb FX.

Woodworks 01
Two long field recordings which I recorded in the deep woods on a sunny morning in early spring are used in Osc 1+2. In Osc 1 there is the sound of wooden accents, a bird building his/her nest inside a tree. In Osc 2 there is a bird repetitively singing a rising minor third accompanied by more nest building action. M1+2 (x/y) control amount of Delay/Flanging FX, M3 adds noise-shaped pitch modulation to the Bird in S2, M4 adds random pitch modulation to the wood sounds in S1. The Modwheel increases LP filter cutoff.

Woodworks 02
The same long sample is used in all 3 oscs, a field recording which I recorded in the deep woods on a sunny morning in early spring. In Osc 1 there is an angry bird alarming the rest of the family (I suppose she/he was afraid of all my recording gear). In Osc 2 there is a bird repetitively singing a rising minor third accompanied by nest building action and woodpeckers. Osc 3 has a very narrow, surreal sounding spectral selection of all the activities. The FX section is running in Send-mode, S1 is send into the delay, S3 is send into the reverb, all oscillators can be send into the aliasing distortion using Macro 1 (x), control distortion tone with M2 (y). The inverted Modwheel reduces LP filter cutoff, with the wheel fully engaged, you only hear the effect returns (as the sends are routed pre-filter). M3 adds pan modulation to all oscillators with a slightly different speed for each LFO.

----

The subscription now contains 297 presets including 6.33 GB of samples. The subscription price remains at € 95 EUR until the next set is released.

Sampleconstruct wrote: a video I made yesterday with another patch from set 42:
Are you also fascinated by woodpeckers !?

...by experience, they can offer dramatic sounds just by down transposiiion !

:clap:

Krakatau wrote:

Yes, I love them, and the resonance of the wood has such a clear tonality that it sounds like xyolophone/marimba trills/trems. I especially love stochastic woodpecker duets and trios, instant avantgarde music :)

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Krakatau wrote:

Yes, I love them, and the resonance of the wood has such a clear tonality that it sounds like xyolophone/marimba trills/trems. I especially love stochastic woodpecker duets and trios, instant avantgarde music :)
To add to this little conversation, I just made another short impro video with the Iris patch “Woodpecker Trio“:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3ODpB0DIi0

Here comes a fresh patch from the upcoming set no. 43. On April 19 we have the 2 years anniversary of the Iris subscription, approaching 300 patches, Iris lives!

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/f ... -demo-iris

Return to “patchpool”