Annual Subscription for Iris Presets

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Here is a demo featuring 2 new Iris subscription patches from the upcoming Set (7):
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/m ... lack-holes

Wow, another stunning example of what Iris can do! I have been listening to all the previous examples and could resist no more! What absolutely delicious and most inspiring ear candy all of them have been. It is a very fine elixir indeed that you have been able to distill using this fabulous new tool! :D
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Sequent wrote:Wow, another stunning example of what Iris can do! I have been listening to all the previous examples and could resist no more! What absolutely delicious and most inspiring ear candy all of them have been. It is a very fine elixir indeed that you have been able to distill using this fabulous new tool! :D
Thank's a lot for the flowers - "distilling" is exactly the right term when it comes to Iris, a different approach to substractive synthesis sort of...

Here is a new Iris patch from the upcoming Set (7) made with 2 french horn samples I recorded recently in a church - quite amazing what the isolation of spectral zones and narrow bands does to those horns....
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... -iris-demo

I'll try to pinch some time tomorrow from my composition schedule to finish Set No. 7.

I just sent out the link to all subscribers for Set No. 7:

Iris Subscription Set 7

Black Hole Mix - MW - 4 Macros
2 samples from one of my Kontakt patches, originally produced with Reaktor
Modwheel adds random Pitchmod to S1+2
Macros 1+2 for Chorus/Delay Mix
Macro 3 controls Distortion amount
Macro 4 controls Reverb Mix

Church Horns split - MW - 1 Macro
2 French Horn samples I recorded in a church recently
split across the keyboard, overlapping split point is C3 (C4 in Iris language)
S1 plays in Radius RT mode
Modwheel adds Pitchmod to both samples

Convoluted Church Horn - MW - 5 Macros
S1 - French Horn playing a long downwards glissando, recorded in a church
S2 - a convoluted derivative of that sample with reversed Gong accents recorded in the same church used as Impulse Response
Mod Wheel controls Ampmod
Macro 1 - HP Cutoff
Macro 2 - amount LFO Filter Modulation / Macro 5 for LFO Speed
Macro 3 - Ampmod Speed S1
Macro 4 - Ampmod Speed S2

Dotted Violins - MW - 4 Macros
A sample I made with a multisampled violin from one of my Alchemy Banks processed by GRM Evolution
S1 in Resample mode - here you will find the spectral dots
S2 runs in Radius RT mode
Macros 1+2 for Delay/Reverb Mix
Macro 3 adds temposynced Pitchmod to S1
Macro 4 adds temposynced Ampmod to S2
The inverted Modwheel controls LP Cutoff

Morphscape - MW - 2 Macros
2 electronic textures are used in this patch
S1+ S3 play different segments of the same sample, S3 runs in Non-Retrigger mode, so if you play legato/overlapping notes the sample will not retrigger from the beginning
The inverted Modwheel controls LP Cutoff
Macros 1+2 for Delay/Reverb Mix

The subscription price is now 20 Euros.

Strangely enough some subscribers have reported not to have received Set No. 6, posted last week. I had a few Email bounces but resent those from another mail account. So if you have not received Set 6, just contact me via patchpool and I'll send you the link for Set 6 again.

Simon

Hi Simon,I received a link yesterday for new patches but the link was invalid.

Robert Wiegert

rwiegert wrote:Hi Simon,I received a link yesterday for new patches but the link was invalid.

Robert Wiegert
Hi Robert,
As you only subscribed yesterday (May 4) the initial RAR-link I sent you lets you download all the 41 patches posted so far, so you didn't miss anything. The link I sent around yesterday (which you found to be invalid) was for Set 6 which some subscribers didn't receive for some mysterious reason.

Simon

Here is a sunday morning Iris Jam with some fresh patches, Set 8 will be available soon:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... -iris-demo

Here is a demo with 2 new Iris patches from Set 8 which I will post later today:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... nd-thunder

I'm uploading Set 8 right now and will be sending out the link to all subscribers in a minute.

Iris Subscription Set 8 released on May 7 - 2013

Shanghai Bells - MW - 4 Macros
A sequence of bell-tower hits I recorded some years ago on the rooftop of a Shanghai hotel, some backgroound car horns - totally denoised with RX and then processed with crusherX and other stuff
All sources play a different segment/frequency range of that sample, S2 only plays the tail and runs in Radius RT mode
Modwheel adds Pitchmod to S1
Macros 1+2 control Chorus/Delay Mix
Macro 3 adds Reverb
Macro 4 controls Ampmod speed of S2

Sine Rain - MW - 2 Macros
Scifi-texture made with crusherX, each source plays a different segment of that sample
Modwheel adds random Pitchmod to S1/2
Macro 1 controls Distortion amount S3
Macro 2 controls Delay Time S1

Temple Synth - MW - 3 Macros
Singing Temple Nuns recorded in Taipei resynthed with Metasynth are playing in S1+3
S2 plays a synth drone made with Reaktor
Envelope and LFO-controlled Bandpass Filter, Modwheel cotrols LFO-speed of the Filtermod
Macros 1-3 control FX amount

Thunder Tubes - MW - 4 Macros
2 samples from my Alchemy Bank Alchemistry Beyond
S1 plays some processed plastic tube hits (tuned) in Radius RT mode
S2 plays some processed thunder hits, it is pitch-modulated by a LFO, control Modspeed with Macro 3
Macro 1+2 control Distortion/Reverb amount
Macro 4 adds Delay
The Modwheel controls the Cutoff of the HP Filter

Wonderland split - MW 4 Macros
3 wondrous electronic textures,
S1+2 play up to C4 (C5 in Iris language), S3 plays from C4 (C5) upwards
S2+S3 play in Radius RT mode
Modwheel adds Pitchmod
Macro 1 - Reverb Mix
Macro 2 - LP Cutoff
Macro 3 adds LFO-modulation to the Filter Cutoff, this will be more prominent when you turn the Cutoff down with Macro 2
Macro 4 controls Filtermod speed

Enjoy the sounds!

I hardly find the time for anything else besides my composing work atm but sometimes I just steel a few hours of my daily routine and make some new Iris patches - so within the next 2 days a new set should be ready.
If anyone is interested in what I'm writing atm here is short entry in my Blog.

Simon

Here comes a new demo featuring a patch I made this morning by spectralizing 2 Cello samples from my soundset Alchemistry for Alchemy.
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... -patchpool

I'll upload and distribute the new Set (No. 9) later today.

And here is another demo combining 3 new patches from subscription Set 9 which I will be uploading and distributing in a minute.
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... -iris-demo

Return to “patchpool”