Annual Subscription for Iris Presets

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

I'm pretty impressed with Iris and the Patchpool soundware for it so it looks like it's going to be a must buy...

I used an early program that had some of the same functionality at the Electro acoustic lab DKDM's 15 years ago I think the program was called audioscuplt. It was terribly slow on the Mac 0S 7 computer.. In color though.

Iris is so much more ready for primetime. Incredible time to be into music and computers.

Drawing in the soundspectrum. Wild.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

I'm pretty sure I'm buying Iris. So while I've got the ten day demo going I thought I'd get the Patchpool subscription so I have a little more to play around with right away?

Crazy to buy soundware before the synths, but I've got to be a little careful with funds, I found out yesterday just how lousy I feel when I live on oatmeal even for just One Day! So the cold grrr, the hunger gnaw scratch and scrabble oh but those sounds so exquisite, phew, sonic phantasmagoria, bliss, glissening seas under a far away sun another solarsystem another tendril of the milkyway, the nightmare is over now I've got a full belly again so i dream my way away and I muse about this world of sounds....Iris, patchpool....

So hmm proceed to gart, at the pool of patches!

Nice quick response from my order on a Saturday morning!!

Now I've got the Iris running in Demo modus, with the patchpool patches going.

I was working on a production using:

My own Numerology pro 3 Wavetable synth loaded with waves from the Architecture 2010 wave library.

Diva playing a low vocal like patch

Surge playing a bass

String Studio playing two patches string Cluster + Chubbe from Entangled Species.

And finally the new guest at the table playing the slow arpeggio/ with the Cello Mix by patchpool on the Iris.

http://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/newg ... le/s-dOo1F

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Nice quick response from my order on a Saturday morning!!

Now I've got the Iris running in Demo modus, with the patchpool patches going.

I was working on a production using:

My own Numerology pro 3 Wavetable synth loaded with waves from the Architecture 2010 wave library.

Diva playing a low vocal like patch

Surge playing a bass

String Studio playing two patches string Cluster + Chubbe from Entangled Species.

And finally the new guest at the table playing the slow arpeggio/ with the Cello Mix by patchpool on the Iris.

http://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/newg ... le/s-dOo1F
Welcome to Irisland, Wade - your order just reached me before I left for an early morning soundcheck before the orchestral rehearsal started - my big concert is tonight. Just listening to your track with the Iris guest - brilliant stuff. so spacious and not too dense...

Big Concert Tonight! Must be exciting for you! I'm going to listin carefully to the recording on the other Site: http://simonstockhausen.blogspot.de And thanks a lot for your comments!

I'm very impressed with the sounds you've done for iris! I played just a few and found more than enough inspiration for this last track.

Regards

Wade

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Big Concert Tonight! Must be exciting for you! I'm going to listin carefully to the recording on the other Site: http://simonstockhausen.blogspot.de And thanks a lot for your comments!

I'm very impressed with the sounds you've done for iris! I played just a few and found more than enough inspiration for this last track.

Regards

Wade
The orchestral demo, a small outtake from the 45 minute long piece which I posted on my Blog was done with samples, now that I've rehearsed/heard the music with real musicians I must say that this demo is only a pale shaddow of the real thing - 71 good musicians playing my piece is just an amazing sensation and tweaking the orchestral sounds with live-electronics opens a new world of sound within the orchestral context. I will record tonights performance and post some outtakes of it on my Soundcloud. Off to the hall now...

Just to give notice that I posted a Track making extensive use of presets from the Iris Subscription series here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 37#5112837

Heavily levels mixed but with out any effects added except a small amount valhalla reverb on the Iris tracks. The Chromaphone and Diva String Studio are also using Valhalla Room but otherwise nothing else..
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

New mix of the above, quite different and perhaps better:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 91#5114791

Just posted an improv using a single instance of Iris with one patch from the Subscription here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 26#5115626

Here is a fresh, rather longish demo featuring 5 new Iris patches from the upcoming Subscription Set No. 19 which will be published soonish:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... -iris-demo

Info for Iris Subscription Set No. 19 which I published today:

Iris Subscription Set 19 - 6 patches - 123.4 MB of samples

Beauty Cloud - MW - 3 Macros
A one-finger-chord-ambient-pad split up into 3 frequency bands over the 3 oscillators. Each oscillator has a non-retriggering LFO assigned to it's volume, all LFOs run at different speeds. The inverted Modwheel controls Lowpass Filter cutoff. All samples run in Non-Retrigger mode.
Macros 1+2 control the amount pf phasing and delay, Maacro 3 adds distortion.

Far away - MW - 4 Macros
A sample made by convoluting one of my Alchemy patches with an Okarina sample is used in both oscillators. S2 runs in Non-Retrigger mode. The Sub oscillator adds a spectally modified saw wave. Bring in th Sub with the Modwheel.
Macros 1+2 for Delay/Reverb Mix, Macro 3 adds distortion, Macro 4 controls the speed of the LFO-modulated Bandpass filter.

Pentatonic Orchestra - MW - 3 Macros
During last weeks rehearsals for the premiere of my orchestral pice I made some recordings during the setup with musicians of the orchstra practising on stage. I then processed one of these recordings with Melodyne, tuned all the chaotic notes to a pentatonic scale and timestretched it.
All three oscillators play different aspects of the same sample, S3 runs in Non-Retrigger mode.
The inverted Modwheel control the Lowpass filter cutoff. Macro 1 adds Chorus, Macro 2 brings in a temposyynced squareshaped pitch modulation of S1, with Macro 1 fully up the pitch modulation is one octave. Macro 3 controls delay amount.

Stage Noises - MW
Another recording of setting up things in the concert hall processed with envelope controlled filters and distortion units. All oscillators play different aspects of the same sample. The Modwheel increases the volume of S2 and pitches it up an octave. All samples run in Non-Retrigger mode.

Stochastic Lady - MW - 8 Macros
S1-3 all use the same sample, a triplet-based synth sequence at 80 BPM. S1+2 play different stochastic spectral selections, S3 running in Radius RT-mode plays the sequence as is, the Modwheel brings in S3 and fades out S1+2. Set S3 to "Resample" if you want old school sampling behaviour or if your're running into CPU overloads. There are all 8 Macros assigned, please check the Macro window to see which controls are available.

Tinkleland - MW - 5 Macros
A processed table bell texure.
Modwheel adds pitch modulation. Macros 1+2 for delay and distortion amount, inverted Macro 3 controls Lowpass cutoff, Macro 4 adds Chorus, Macro 5 controls Chorus speed.

I'll be sending out the link to all subscribers in a minute.

Here is a demo for a new patch from the upcoming subscription set:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/d ... onics-iris

Another sleepless night led me to this new Iris patch from the upcoming Subscription Set No. 20:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/i ... -demo-iris

I just sent out the link to all subscribers for subscription set No. 20 - here is the info:

Iris Subscription Set 20 uploaded on Decembre 4 - 2012 containing 6 presets (177.1 MB) including:

Dark Places - MW - 4 Macros
The inverted Modwheel control LP Cutoff
Macros 1+2 for Distoprtion amount and Delay Mix
Macro 3 for Reverb Mix and Macro 4 adds temposynced random pitch modulation to Sample 1. All Oscillators run in Non-Retrigger mode.

Drone Harmonics - MW - 6 Macros
The Modwheel adds Distortion, 6 Macros are assigned, please check the Macro page. S2+3 run in Non-Retrigger mode.

Hacked Scape - MW
Can make you dizzy!
The Modwheel adds Reverby to S1+3 and Distortion/Aliasing to S1. S3 runs in Non-Retrigger mode.

Irregularities - MW - 5 Macros
All Oscillators run in Non-Retrigger Mode, the Modwheel is assigned to the volume of S3 which plays the original sample without any spectral selection, the volume of S2 is controlled by a slow LFO.
Macro 1 tunes S1 down an octave in semitone steps, Macro 2 adds a temposynced pitch modulation to S2, M3+4 for Delay and Reverb Mix, Macro 5 controls the Lopwpass Cutoff.

Pastoral - MW - 3 Macros
Some ducklings I recored in a little pond in Dresden some years ago on a beautiful summer evening. Each Osc plays a different aspect of the same sample.
The inverted Modwheel controls LP Cutoff, Macros 1+2 for Delay/Reverb Mix, destroy/distort the pastoral atmosphere with Macro 3.
Osc 1+3 run in Non-Retrigger mode.

Vocal Wave - MW - 2 Macros
I like the low drones this patch can produce.
Add flanging with the Modwheel, Macro 2 controls Delay Mix, Macro 2 adds a fast squareshaped pitch modulation to S1.
S2+3 run in Non-Retrigger mode.

The subscription price has been upped to € 40 Euros.

Wonderful a new set, now whats in the box....

Thanks

Return to “patchpool”