Annual Subscription for Iris Presets

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Here is the info for Subscription Set No. 26 which I'm about to release:

----

Iris Subscription Set 26 uploaded on April 27 - 2013 containing 13 presets (132 MB) including:

Catacomb Orchestra
This pach uses a snippet of a recording I made in the catacombs of a huge university in Moscow, while an orchestra was playing the Adagio of Mahler's 5th symphony in the main concert hall of the university. This snippet was then stretched (Paulstretch), retuned (Melodyne) and processed with a Frequency Shifter (Uhbik).
S1+2 use different segments and spectral selections of the resulting sample, S1 running in Non-Retrigger mode. Bring in S2 with the Modwheel.
Macro 1 (x) controls Delay Mix, M2 (y) adds temposynced amplitude modulation to both oscillators, inverted M3 controls LP filter cutoff. A short Glide effect is activated (lower right of the GUI).

Djembe Dronescape
Different segments and spectral selections of a metasynthed, saturnized and paulstretched Djembe Hit play in all 3 oscillators, S2 running in Non-Retrigger mode. The Modwheel brings in S2 and reduces the volume of S1. The FX section runs in Send-mode. Macro 1 (x) adds amplitude modulation to S1, M2 (y) adds pitch modulation to S2. M3 controls LP filter cutoff, M4 adds Delay FX to S2 and M5 adds distortion to S3.
Add your favourite Reverb for some more ambient vastness.

Djembe Fast Triplet Loop
A 2-bar loop with fast triplets is playing in all three oscillators, root note C3 = 100 BPM (C4 in Iris). S1 has a very narrow spectral selection enhancing only some transients, S2 plays only the lower frequency range. S3 plays the loop as recorded with no spectral selection, switch/crossfade between S1/2 and S3 using the Modwheel.
Macro 1 adds Reverb, M2 adds very short delays with high feedback (combs), M3 adds pitch modulation to S1+2, M4 controls the speed of the pitch modulation.

Djembe Loop 01 100 BPM
An 8-bar Djembe loop running in Radius RT mode, so the tempo is fixed to 100 BPM (as recorded) over the entire keyboard range. S1 is running in One Shot-mode in order to preserve the final accent on the first beat of bar 9, so please retrigger the sample when needed. You can play nice melody lines with this loop. Switch the sample to "Resample" mode if you want to run it at different speeds.
The Modwheel adds distortion, control the tone of the distortion with Macro 3. M1 (x) adds temposynced Delay FX, M2 (y) adds temposynced filter modulation.

Djembe Loop 02 100 BPM
An 4-bar Djembe loop - changing the pitch of the drum with the left hand while playing - S1 running in Radius RT mode, so the tempo is fixed to 100 BPM (as recorded) over the entire keyboard range.
The Modwheel adds some screaming distortion and some temposynced random pitch modulation which sounds pretty amazing in all ranges :) - control the tone of the distortion with Macro 3.
M1 (x) adds temposynced Delay FX, M2 (y) adds temposynced filter modulation.

Djembe Subbass Tuned
A very fat subbass patch made from a single Djembe hit only selecting the lowest 2 spectral frequencies. S1 running in One Shot-mode (not looped).
The Modwheel adds distortion for gaining more harmonics/overtones. M1 (x) adds temposynced Delay FX, unfortunately pre-distortion so the distorted sound is not reaching the input of the Delay, but you'll have plenty of external options anyway.

Djembe Subbass
A very fat subbass patch made from a single Djembe hit only selecting the lowest 2 spectral frequencies. S1 running in One Shot-mode (not looped) is not reacting to incoming Midi notes, instead a slow LFO is slightly modulating the pitches with each note you play. Shift the sample pitch and increase the amplitude of the pitch modulation with the Modwheel. No Macros are assigned.

Dotted Male Harmonics
Male overtone singing (myself), root not is F2 (F3 in Iris). S1 running in Non-Retrigger mode only plays the root frequency and dotted spectral selections of the harmonics, S2 plays a broader selection from the 4th harmony upwards, S2 plays the sample back and forth. The Modwheel brings in a square-shaped, temposynced pitch modulation for S1, Modwheel full up = 1 octave up and down.
M1 adds temposynced Delay FX, M2 adds Chorus, M3 adds saturated distortion.

Espresso Beings
The sample of the Milkfoamer in my Espresso machine, opening the valve which is also used to discharge excessive air inside the machine. S1 running in Radius RT mode captures the strange animal-like sounds which occur when the excessive air has almost left the machine. S2 plays the gurgling sound which happens at the beginnin of the process. The Modwheel adds fast random pitch modulation to S1.
Macro 1 (x) adds saturated distortion, M2 adds long Delay FX, M3 controls the speed of the pitch modulation in S2.

Espresso Harmonics Split
This patch captures the beautiful hamonics of my Espresso machine. Different aspects of the main drone with narrow spectral selections are playing in S1+2, root notes are located at G1 (G2 in Iris, mapped up to C3 (C4 in Iris). S3 plays above C3 (C4) and captures the sound at the end of the coffee-making-process - the foam on top of the coffee (créma) inside the cup.
The Modwheel shifts the cutoff frequency of the HP filter and adds temposynced filter modulation. Macro 1 adds Delay FX, M2 adds distortion.

Espresso Whisper Pad
This patch uses the whispering sound that occurs when the Espresso machine is in standby mode, only audible by extremely boosting the input gain of the microphone. This sample is run through a tuned Bandpass filter with high resonance. Shift the sound down an octave with the Modwheel (sample pitch and filter cutoff). Macros 1+2 control Delay and Reverb Mix, M3 adds filter modulation, M4 controls the modulation speed.

Experimental Djembe Texture
Some processed Djembe flam hits, different aspects and spectral selections of the same sample are playing in S1+2. The Modwheel adds Distortion and Chorus FX, Macro 1 (x) adds very short delays with a lot of feedback, M2 controls Reverb Mix.

Planet Exploration
A cosmic tonal soundscape sample made with 5 instances of Alchemy playing patches from various of my Banks and one instance of Diversion. S1+2 play different segments and spectral selections of the same sample. The Modwheel adds pitch modulation to both oscillators. Control the resonance of the LFO-modulated LP filter with Macro 1, add distortion with M2. M3+4 control Delay and Reverb Mix.

Please enjoy the sounds...

----

The subscription prices has been upped to € 55 Euro - we now have a total of 167 patches including 3.57 Gigabyte of samples. It's been a great first year with Iris, the second year won't be bad either :party:

Some incredible sounds in this latest soundset! Catacomb Orchestra in particular has a superb haunting quality to it, and the djembe sounds are fantastic. I also love the Espresso Machine patches and the overtone singing. A very nice set and nicely done! :)
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Sequent wrote:Some incredible sounds in this latest soundset! Catacomb Orchestra in particular has a superb haunting quality to it, and the djembe sounds are fantastic. I also love the Espresso Machine patches and the overtone singing. A very nice set and nicely done! :)
Thank's so much for the flowers, Wes - glad you're liking the new sounds :)

Excellent, inspiring work, Simon. Your Patchpool subscription has made Iris my most productive purchase since I bought Omnisphere in 2011.

swartzfeger wrote:Excellent, inspiring work, Simon. Your Patchpool subscription has made Iris my most productive purchase since I bought Omnisphere in 2011.
Thank you for the great feedback, Jay - "goes down like oil" as we say :)

Here is a little vid improvising with the new patch "Naiveness" from subscription set No. 27, a metasynthed Cello sample is used in that patch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZw7jvZHwP0

2 fresh iris patches in one demo - "Cello Organ" and "Tenorsax Subtones", a bit of VVV was used on the Cello Organ.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/d ... -patchpool

Demo for patch "Cello Pad Split" from Set 27:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... -iris-demo

Last weekend I recorded a Duduk player here in my studio, some of the resulting samples will also be used in my Iris series. Here is an improvised video with the patch "Duduk Space" using a processed Duduk phrase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHxV0SWmJHU

A new set:

Iris Subscription Set 27 - uploaded on May 8, 2013 - containing 7 presets (102.4 MB) including:

Cello Organ
A slow cello arpeggio recorded during a recent sampling session with a very talented cellist. S1 running in Non-Retrigger mode plays an organlike spectral selection of the sustain phase, S2 running in Radius RT mode plays a broad spectral selection of the arpeggio phase. Bring in S2 with the Modwheel. Macro 1 (x) adds Chorus, M2 (y) adds Delay FX, M3+4 bring in temposynced amplitude modulation for S1+2.

Cello Pad Split
Another sample from that session, a long swell on the low D with vibrato. With each split point I moved the basic harmonic up an octave and lowered the root note accordingly, so it's a split sound using the same sample in all 3 oscillators. You can also set the mode for each oscillator to Radius RT, then the vibrato speeds will not change when playing different notes, but it will put a lot of strain on your CPU.
The Modwheel reduces the LP cutoff and adds distortion, Macros 1+2 (x+y) control Delay and Reverb Mix, M3 adds Chorus and M4 brings in a temposynced amplitude modulation.

Duduk Space
I also recorded a Duduk player a few days ago, some of the resulting samples will be used in upcoming Iris patches. Here is a processed phrase played in the higher register of the instrument. I processed the sample with a granulator (crusherX) and sent the dry signal as well as the grains into a convolution reverb using a multiphonic sample played on a tenor saxophone, this mysterious reverbration can be auditioned in S3. S1 running in Radius RT mode plays the main phrase, S2 focusses on the sustained phase of the sound with a broader sprectral selection. The inverted Modwheel controls the volume of S1.
Macro 1 (x) adds Delay FX to S1, M2 (y) tunes S1 down - 3 octaves when M2 is fully up. M3 reduces LP cutoff, M4 adds pitch modulation to S2+3, M5 controls the speed of the pitch modulation.

Naiveness
This patch uses a metasynthed cello arpeggio using a custom tuning scale inside Metasynth. S1 plays a very dotted spectral selection of this sample. The Modwheel brings in distortion, noise-driven pitch modulation and controls the rate of the Delay FX. Macro 1 (x) controls Reverb Mix, M2 (y) the Reverb Size and M3 adds Chorus.

Piano Debris
Another longer sample from my SoundPack Piano Destruction, improvising with the debris after destroying the poor old piano. DIfferent spectral selections of the same sample play in S1+2. In S3 the sound of a passing motorbike is featured, as that sampling session took place in a barn which wasn't sound-proof. Instead of removing it with RX 2 I found it more appropriate to feature it with Iris, so bring in the motorbike sound with the Modhweel. Macro 1 (x) adds fast random pitch modulation to S1, M2 (y) adds distortion to S2, M3 controls the pan modulation speed of S3.

Tenorsax Multiphonics
A multiphonic sound played on a tenor sax recorded during a recent sampling session with a great sax player. S1 uses the unprocessed sample and S2+3 play different spectral selections of a metasynthed derivative. The Modwheel adds pitch modulaton to S1+2, control the modulation speed with Macro 4. M1+2 control Delay and Distortion Mix, M3 adds Chorus, the inverted Macro 5 controls LP cutoff.

Tenorsax Subtonedone
S1 plays a sample of singing into the tenor sax while playing a different note. Bring in S2 with the Modwheel. S2+3 play a paulstretched derivative of that sample, S2 uses a narrow spectral selection of the lower frequency band, and S3 plays the sample full range, it has a slow LFO assigned to the amplitude so it fades in and out very slowly. Macros 1+2 (x+y) control Delay and Reverb Mix.

Please enjoy the sounds...

Sehr gut, Simon. I wish I knew more German to describe how great these sound! The Duduk is perfect for something I'm working on (which also happens to include your Singing Sikh).

Hey gang, Izotope has Iris on sale for 30% off until May 23. Get it, then get Simon's patches. Instant joy. :)

swartzfeger wrote:Sehr gut, Simon. I wish I knew more German to describe how great these sound! The Duduk is perfect for something I'm working on (which also happens to include your Singing Sikh).

Hey gang, Izotope has Iris on sale for 30% off until May 23. Get it, then get Simon's patches. Instant joy. :)
Thank's Jay :)
Yeah, the Duduk should fit perfectly with the Singing Sikh, spectralized world music...

Set 28 will also contain some vibraphone patches, as I sampled a nice vibra yesterday, here is a little vid made while working on the first vibra patch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Roc2zw9A3bM

Always a pleasure listening to your sounds but I get a "This video is unavailable" is it processing? (edit: I see it now...)

Shouldn't you be sleeping btw? It's way past your bedtime... in a few hours your son will be pulling your right leg demanding breakfast. :)
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Luftrum wrote:Always a pleasure listening to your sounds but I get a "This video is unavailable" is it processing?

Shouldn't you be sleeping btw? It's way past your bedtime... in a few hours your son will be pulling your right leg demanding breakfast. :)
What about you and sleep then or did you move overseas :)
(Un)fortunately I don't have kids, so I'm not obliged to make breakfast - just had a strange dream and got up at 1.30 am to transform the surreality of that dream into some new sounds...

The vid was still processing, it's working now.

Return to “patchpool”