Annual Subscription for Iris Presets

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Samuel Goldenberg wrote:This is probably the best set so far. Thank You very much!
Thank you :)
And sorry for the typos in the patch descriptions, I am feeling really ill today and could hardly read what I was writing.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Hi peeps,

Here comes the info for Iris Subscription Set No. 24 which I am just uploading, links will be sent out in a minute after I doublechecked the download.

Iris Subscription Set 24 - uploaded on March 17 - 2013 containing 7 presets (158.5 MB) including:

Broken Piano Music
A sample from my SoundPack Piano Destruction, beating the strings of a destroyed thus broken piano with soft mallets, playing a little melancholic sequence.
S1-3 play different segments and spectral selections of the same sample., S1+2 running in Non-Retrigger mode. Bring in S3 - a mysterious spectral glissando - with the Modwheel.
Macro 1 adds noise-controlled pitchmod to S1+2, Macro 2 adds distortion to S1+2.

Cello Harmonics Split
Two samples from my SoundPack Experimental Cello - one pure and one processed - play in S1+2, both running in Non-Retrigger mode.
S1 is mapped from the bottom up to C3 (C4 in Iris), S2 plays from C3 (C4) upwards.
The sample in S2 is quite long, so play longer notes to fully explore this sound. The inverted Modwheel reduces the LP filter cutoff, as the filter is operating pre-FX, the unfiltered signal is still sent into the FX when the MW is down. 5 Macros are assigned, please check the Macro page.

Grainloops
The involved sample is actually a muted piano sound, a snippet from a live-recording from a concert I played in a gallery. I processed this little loop with various granulators.
S+2 play different segments and spectral selections of the same sound. S1 plays in Non-Retrigger mode.
S2 has a strong pitch modulation assigned, increase the mod speed with the Modwheel.
Macros 1+2 control Delay FX. This patch can produce some incredible sub-bass frequencies.

Granular Cutlery
The sample was made by first improvising chaotically with cutlery from my kitchen and then granulating the recording. S1 play a very "dotted" spectral selection of this sample, S2 plays almost the entire frquency spectrum, bring it in with the Modwheel. Add square-shaped LFO modulation to S1 with Macro 1 (x), control the LFO speed with Macro 2 (y). M3 adds Reverb, M4 adds aliased distortion.

Hugeness
The involved long sample was made by layering chords with sounds I made in Alchemy, Padshop Pro and Diversion. S1-2 play different spectral aspects of the same sample. S1+2 run in Non-Retrigger mode. The Modwheel adds temposynced amplitude modulation to all oscillatiors, all running at different speeds.
M1 (x) controls LP filter cutoff, M2 (y) adds filter modulation. M3+4 for Phaser and Delay Mix.

Spectral Cutlery
Another processed cutlery improvisation, this time spectralized with various tools, resulting in a big SciFi soundscape.
S1-3 all play broad frequency selections from different segments of the same sample.The Modwheel adds pitch modulation to all oscillators, each running at slightly different speeds.
M1 (x) controls HP cutoff, M2 (y) adds a fast flange-FX. M3 adds a long stereo delay.

Tokyo Tickets
Stochastic mystery - I recorded the involved sample in the Tokyo subway, bleeping ticket machines, some pedestrians talking and more general subway ambience. S1+2 spectrally focus on the bleeps, using a very narrow seletion to enhance them. S3 adds a broad selection of the same sample, bring it in with Macro 3. All samples run in Non-Retrigger mode. Add random pitchmod to S1+2 with the Modwheel, control the LFO speed with Macro 4. M1+2 control Delay Mix/Rate, M5+6 control Reverb Mix/Size.

Enjoy the sounds please.

Subscription price has been upped to € 50 Euro.
I'm so looking forward to this set. I have unfortunately of late had problems with my disk's so I won't be able to download until I've got my new hard disk case which I (finally) got the funds together to order a couple of days ago..

So I should be up and running by the end of the coming week!

Sorry to read that you are not feeling well of late Simon and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Regards

Wade
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Here is a demo for Iris patch "Vase Duo" from the upcoming Subscription Set No. 25 - derived from the sample of tremolating with soft mallets on a ceramic vase. I also multisampled this vase (up to 10X Round Robin) and will make some Alchemy patches with it:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/v ... -patchpool

An Iris video processing the sample of a Shipbell which I bought some days ago. There will be some nice bell patches in Set 25:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah4i0zwt-dA

This is an ambient demo track using 4 Iris sounds from Subscription Set 25, some B2 Reverb was used on 3 of the sounds:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... emo-set-25

Hi peeps,

Here is the info for Subscription Set 25 which I am just uploading to the server:

Iris Subscription Set 25 uploaded on April 11- 2013 containing 6 presets (142.4 MB) including:

Bell Contemplation
S1 plays a single hit on a nice brass bell I bought recently, S2 plays a metasynthed, drone-like derivative of that bell sound with moving harmonics.
Bring in fast pitch modulation with the Modwheel, control Delay and Reverb Mix with Macros 1+2, Chorus speed with Macro 4 and totally destroy the sound with Macro 3.
Here is a pic of the bell I sampled.

Bell Strike and Fly
Different spectral aspects of the same stretched brass bell sample are playing in S1+2, S3 plays an electronic bell texture made with granulators and other goodies.
The Modwheel adds temposynced amplitude modulation to S1+2. Macros 1+2 control LP filter cutoff and temposynced cutoff modulation, M3 controls Delay Mix.

Dream Impression
A dreamy drone texture I made after waking up from a strange dream, very narrow spectral selections of the same sample are playing in S1-3.
Bring in some subtle tube distortion with the Modwheel. Macro 1 adds random pitch modulation to S2, M2 controls Delay Mix.

Ghost Trains
S1+2 use the same sample of a recording I made in a russian train during my trip to russia for a documentary film in 2011, where we travelled for 3 weeks in a (horrible stinking) train through all of Russia, an unforgettable experience. These samples are from my SoundPack Trains and Subways.
S1 plays the main train sound and S2 plays a snippet of a train guard speaking through a walkie talkie.
In S3 there is another sample of a freight train passing by very fast which I recorded at an open air train station in Germany.
S2 doesn't follow pitch, it has a LFO assigned to it's pitch so the frequency is constantly changing.
The Modwheel adds temposynce pitch modulation to the train in S1, Macros 1+2 control Distortion and Delay Mix.

Shipbell Duo
A long texture played with a brass bell recorded in L-C-R - moving the bell around while tremolating - is playing in S1+3. S2 plays a spectralized derivative of that sample.
The Modwheel adds Chorus, Macros 1+2 control Reverb/Delay Mix, Macro 3 adds random filter modulation and the inverted Macro 4 controls filter modulation speed, turn it up to slow things down.

Vase Duo
The sample of tremolating at the top of a ceramic vase with a soft mallet is used in S1, S2 plays a granulated derivative of that texture.
The sample in S1 is tuned taking the lower spectral component as a reference, as the vase sound has this buil in interval.
Bring in S2 with the Modwheel. M1+2 control Reverb/Delay Mix, add fast random pitch modulation with Macro 3, Macro 4 controls HP Cutoff.
This sound is used in this Soundcloud demo track. Also check my Mini Bank The Vase for Alchemy if you need more vase sounds.

Subscription price has been upped to € 52 Euro.

During the next months, many subscriptions will expire (yeah, Iris has been around for a year now) - so I've started to send out requests for the renewal of your subscriptions. You'll find all the info in the Email.
Some of you have already contacted me, these folks will receive paypal invoices automatically shortly before their subscriptions end.

All,

Just wanted to add that I'm now an Iris patchpool subscriber and *thrilled* with the quality Simon has crafted with these presets. Exceptional soundscapes and very inspiring. Thanks!

A little video featuring a patch from the next susbcription set (No. 26) - some male overtone singing on F (myself) slightly melodyned (cheat!), harmonics enhanced with a filter, then treated with some spatial plugs, then imported into Iris. I also sampled my new Djembe today and processed some single hits to huge and beautiful drones and strange textures to be then treated with Iris.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3EQrRhV14A

An ambient demo track using 5 instances of Iris, 4 of the patches were made with/derived from Djembe samples:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/d ... -iris-demo

So it was time to sample my Espresso machine, it's beautiful and clear harmonics caught my interest long ago, so today I took some equipment into the kitchen. There will also be a patch with just the Milkfoamer valve which makes some incredible animal-like sounds when the excessive air has discharged from the machine. What an amazing instrument :)

Here is a little video messing with the Espresso Harmonics Drone, at the end of the sample it's just the sound of the foam (créma) on top of the coffee inside the cup (where else)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2AKYLb3O5o:

Here comes a demo for the patch "Catacomb Orchestra" which will also be part of Subscription Set 26:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... -iris-demo

Sampleconstruct wrote:So it was time to sample my Espresso machine...
That sounds just like my Saeco Aroma. I harmonize with it every morning... :)

Breeze wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:So it was time to sample my Espresso machine...
That sounds just like my Saeco Aroma. I harmonize with it every morning... :)
Spot on! It is indeed a Saeco :)

And here is a little improv using 3 Iris patches with Djembe loops, the first 2 patches in the demo are running in Radius RT mode, so their tempo is fixed to 100 BPM, the third loop at the end of the demo is a fast triplet loop. Just jamming along here tweaking the assigned controllers on the fly:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/d ... -iris-demo

Return to “patchpool”