Off topic: Concert News

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

The first project Minimal Nightmare of my artist in residence with the Hamburger Symphoniker orchestra has now been composed and arranged, rehearsals are starting this week, first with the band featuring Christian Weidner on Altosax, Ketan Bhatti on drums/percussion, Hannes Hüfken on electric bass, myself doing the live-electronics/synths/samplers/computers and conducting and then at the end of August we will all meet in Hamburg, 16 string players from the orchestra, the band, myself and the video artist Aron Kitzig and bring this act together.

The gig is open air in a very special environment:
Cemetery Hamburg-Ohlsdorf at 10 pm on Septembre 1st - don't miss it!
If you live in Hamburg or want to come there for the gig, I can set you up with some reduced tickets, just contact me via patchpool.

Simon
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Hi All,

The first project Minimal Nightmare of my artist in residence with the Hamburger Symphoniker orchestra has now been composed and arranged, rehearsals are starting this week, first with the band featuring Christian Weidner on Altosax, Ketan Bhatti on drums/percussion, Hannes Hüfken on electric bass, myself doing the live-electronics/synths/samplers/computers and conducting and then at the end of August we will all meet in Hamburg, 16 string players from the orchestra, the band, myself and the video artist Aron Kitzig and bring this act together.

The gig is open air in a very special environment:
Cemetery Hamburg-Ohlsdorf at 10 pm on Septembre 1st - don't miss it!
If you live in Hamburg or want to come there for the gig, I can set you up with some reduced tickets, just contact me via patchpool.

Simon
A quick run through of the demos for my live project Minimal Nightmare, all tracks produced with virtual instruments which will eventually played live by a 4-piece band and string orchestra:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/m ... dio-teaser

After meeting with the video artist for Minimal Nightmare - Aron Kitzig - today, we decided to publish a little teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obfCcEj6N1M

Sampleconstruct wrote:After meeting with the video artist for Minimal Nightmare - Aron Kitzig - today, we decided to publish a little teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obfCcEj6N1M
Gawd I wish I had seen this I'd have seriously considered a quick trip to Hamburg for this.

I'll have to keep my eye on this forum..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

I put some visual footage of today's first rehearsal of my orchestral piece on my Blog which you can find here:
http://simonstockhausen.blogspot.de

Sound wonderful.
Bit too far from the U.K for me to attend but Im sure it will be great!
Regards
Simon

kontakt1968 wrote:Sound wonderful.
Bit too far from the U.K for me to attend but Im sure it will be great!
Regards
Simon
I hope it will be somewhat great - after 2 rehearsals with the orchestra some parts are still totally off as they are difficult to play for a more traditional orchestra - the slower epic parts work well - the live electronics already work beautifully - micing the orchestra with 25 mics so I can individually process the orchestral groups with a ton of Plug-Ins in real time - quite magical really. And the new fast Macbook gives me no error and overload messages which is a total relief :)
Amazing times we live in.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
I hope it will be somewhat great - after 2 rehearsals with the orchestra some parts are still totally off as they are difficult to play for a more traditional orchestra - the slower epic parts work well - the live electronics already work beautifully - micing the orchestra with 25 mics so I can individually process the orchestral groups with a ton of Plug-Ins in real time - quite magical really. And the new fast Macbook gives me no error and overload messages which is a total relief :)
I'm wondering how things went? I listened to your demo. Great work very dense and expresive arrangement. I'll look forward to hearing any material you'd wish to share..

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
I'm wondering how things went? I listened to your demo. Great work very dense and expresive arrangement. I'll look forward to hearing any material you'd wish to share..
I just updated my Blog and will start to edit the live-recording today - I only used 2 mics for a stereo recording but hopefully this piece will be recorded/produced in a studio soon.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
I just updated my Blog and will start to edit the live-recording today - I only used 2 mics for a stereo recording but hopefully this piece will be recorded/produced in a studio soon.

Two mics placed well can give an excellent recording of something like this if the space is decent. And not too many people with colds who are coughing the audience!

I just uploaded the live recording of my orchestral work "Doktrin der Ruhe" for symphony orchestra, sampler and live-electronics which was performed last Saturday by the Hamburger Symphoniker orchestra. Check the track description for more details.
I only used 2 mics for the recording, did my best to pimp up the sound quality but it still sounds a bit far away, anyway the music is audible:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/d ... orchestral

This is really fantastic Simon!
I like how the orchestra and the electronics blend together.
It also has way more "epicness" in it than I expected.
I really enjoyed it!

Congrats again!
I really wish I could have been there.

Vielleicht ein anderes Mal!

Cheers
Dennis

Bronto Scorpio wrote:This is really fantastic Simon!
I like how the orchestra and the electronics blend together.
It also has way more "epicness" in it than I expected.
I really enjoyed it!

Congrats again!
I really wish I could have been there.

Vielleicht ein anderes Mal!

Cheers
Dennis
Thank you, Dennis, I'll inform you next time - aiming for this calm epicness was one of my intentions, the whole piece is about past times, things on our planet come and go, cultures, epoques, beings, revolutions - and in between there is the calmness of nature, silence, peace...

Here is a text about the piece (in german - haven't made a translation yet):
http://www.simonstockhausen.com/werke-D ... r_ruhe.htm

BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO!
What a wonderful inspiring work. Congratulations and many thank-yous.
Ralph

onexeno wrote:BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO!
What a wonderful inspiring work. Congratulations and many thank-yous.
Ralph
Thank you, Ralph :)
I just sent you a mail with some links.

Return to “patchpool”