Soundset Granular Worlds for Padshop Pro released on patch pool

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

I just released Granular Worlds for Padshop Pro:

Granular Worlds for Steinberg's Padshop Pro contains 105 presets making use of 1.8 Gigabyte of exceptional samples mostly created exclusively for this soundset. All samples were produced in 48 Khz / 24 Bit / stereo, the acoustic sounds and instruments in this library were recorded in L-C-R using 3 high quality Neumann mics. The electronic samples were produced with an array of soft- and hardware synths and FX-processors.

This set covers a wide range of expressively playable sounds ranging from huge cinematic soundscapes, warm and mellow pads, dark and haunting drones, real and unreal percussion instruments, temposynced sequences and loops to more bizarre experimental sounds, ethereal textures and beautiful instrumental sounds derived from flute, guitar, bowed/plucked strings and Okarina recordings. Some feld recordings, glass and wood sounds, Kalimba, harmonically playable plastic tubes as well as vocal samples also found their way into this soundset.

The 141 wav-samples in this set are not locked or encrypted so they can be used in any other sampler or directly in the DAW of your choice.

The 105 presets are categorized in five folders:
  • Instrumental (13)
    Pads and Drones (30)
    Percussive (9)
    Sequenced (11)
    Soundscapes (29)
    Weirdo Zone (13)
All patches have the Modwheel assigned and often make use of Aftertouch and velocity control to add expressiveness and musicality.

Granular Worlds is available in 2 formats:
".aupreset" for Mac-users who work with the AU-version of Padshop Pro and want to use the native Preset Browser e.g. in Logic Pro and ".vstpreset" for users who work with the vst3- or au-version of the Plug-In and want to use Padshop's native preset browser at the bottom of the GUI.

You can view/download the PDF for Granular Worlds with more details, the licence agreement and the patch list including playing tips and short descriptions for each patch here.

Delivery: Download
Library size in total: 1.8 Gigabyte - 1.21 GB download size (compressed RAR-archive in 3 parts) - 141 samples - 105 patches

Price: 30 €
After your order has been manually processed you will receive a confirmation Email to the adress stated in the paypal including the download links and instructions. Please allow me a few hours to process your order.

Product Page

All 41 demos entirely produced with Padshop Pro using only patches from this set with no post-processing apart from a Limiter on the Master Outs:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... demos-for/

Thank's for reading

Simon Stockhausen :singer:
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Until Octobre 21 you can purchase Granular Worlds for Steinberg's Padshop Pro for 25 Euros and get the SoundPack Droneland for free on top (regular price: 29.95 €).

I will also make some new patches using wavs from this SoundPack and make them available to customers who participate in this promotional campaign.

All existing customers will also benefit from this campaign and receive the free SoundPack and the new patches.

I just sent out the download link to the new Droneland soundset to all Granular Worlds customers. If you haven't received it please check your spam folder. I will also re-send all bounced mails from a different mail account.

Here are some specs about the new patches:

DRONELAND FOR PADSHOP PRO

For this set I used 14 drone samples from my SoundPack Droneland and also made 9 new samples derived from electronic sources and field recordings. Many of these sounds are huge and deep tonal drones with a cinematic touch, but you'll also find some more experimental and atonal stuff in there.

There are 20 presets using 23 samples - 825 MB of audio (wav) produced in 48 Khz/24 Bit stereo. You can view/download the PDF for Droneland with more details, the licence agreement and the patch list including playing tips and short descriptions for each patch here.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... droneland/

I'm still toying with the idea of getting Padshop Pro, my funds have been severely limited that last weeks, but it could be a Christmas present to myself.

I wonder if Padshop Pro can be seen as a Granular tool in a broad sense or is mostly focused on doing pads? The only Granular tool I have right now is the UHBIK G effect.

So Padshop pro and Granular worlds soon after is my little last buy for a while in the Plugin and soundset category. I'm interested in other stuff but that can wait.. a few months.. But everybody needs a Christmas presetn right? Socks are too boring...

Well off to listen to some Granular Worlds tracks..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I'm still toying with the idea of getting Padshop Pro, my funds have been severely limited that last weeks, but it could be a Christmas present to myself.

I wonder if Padshop Pro can be seen as a Granular tool in a broad sense or is mostly focused on doing pads? The only Granular tool I have right now is the UHBIK G effect.

So Padshop pro and Granular worlds soon after is my little last buy for a while in the Plugin and soundset category. I'm interested in other stuff but that can wait.. a few months.. But everybody needs a Christmas presetn right? Socks are too boring...

Padshop Pro is a full granular tool with a sophisticated modulation system and a complex grain setup if needed, the Pad-aspect in PS is about as important as the percussion aspect in Chromaphone.

Socks stink anyway :)

Put Padshop Pro and Grandular Worlds in your Christmas Stocking :!:

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:I'm still toying with the idea of getting Padshop Pro, my funds have been severely limited that last weeks, but it could be a Christmas present to myself.

Padshop Pro is a full granular tool with a sophisticated modulation system and a complex grain setup if needed, the Pad-aspect in PS is about as important as the percussion aspect in Chromaphone.

Socks stink anyway :)
Socks do stink after use!

Thanks for the info on Padshop Pro. I as yet have not got the demo to work, this is perhaps because I use Numerology, or it could be I need a iLok key?

Like what I'm hearing in your Granular Worlds demos. :love:
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jas wrote:Put Padshop Pro and Grandular Worlds in your Christmas Stocking :!:
Yes Padshop Pro with Granular Worlds would make a nice stocking stuffer for any boy or girl.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Thanks for the info on Padshop Pro. I as yet have not got the demo to work, this is perhaps because I use Numerology, or it could be I need a iLok key?

You need an eLicenser - it's a USB dongle, I believe there is also a software version without dongle which I've never used so I'm not sure...

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:

You need an eLicenser - it's a USB dongle, I believe there is also a software version without dongle which I've never used so I'm not sure...
Okay thanks for the info.

I'm continuing my research of Padshop Pro. I found a video of you working with a Harp pluck sound in Padshop Pro. If anyone is in any doubt about Simon Stockhausens abilities in sound design I suggest they look it up. Just go to YouTube and search for Padshop Pro. He's very fast at finding and exploiting the newly released tools as they appear on the scene. Great work on that video!

Granular Synthesis in Padshop Pro is very accessable with a streamlined workflow. Padshop Pro's interface looks compact and efficient. Now I'm wondering how precisely you can work with grains. It seems like it can replace the much more expensive Stutter Edit.

Think about all these new tools that I'm getting Iris, Padshop pro, Trash 2, Filterscape(old is new) ACE, Diva, Zebra 3(when released) Chromaphone, Louge Lizard 4. I'll need four lifetimes to take advantage of all these possilies.

This huge range of available possiblities demands of the 21 century renaiscance sound surfer/explorer needs a mindset/skillset to develop ways to get things to work within a timeframe that is conductive to their own general creative thrust/goals/visions. There's always a risk of becoming a collector and a critic, like some here on KVR instead of a creator. But if you can be honest and admit that to be present at the table of technological advances as they happen is in and of itslf a useful/educational experience.

I'm personally something of a perfectionist, so going superficial goes somewhat against my "grain". Yet admiting the limitations in my own abilities, relaxing the pressure, and opening up to these new ideas can with time and considerable yet sustainable effort and focus, lead to a quantam leap in my own development in this field.

Thanks Simon for doing the trailblazing here with Padshop Pro!!
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:This huge reange of available possiblities demands of the 21 century renaiscance sound surfer/explorer needs a mindset/skillset to develop ways to get things to work within a timeframe that is conductive to their own general creative thrust/goals/visions. There's always a risk of becoming a collector and a critic, like some here on KVR instead of a creator. But if you can be honest and admit that to be present at the table of technological advances as they happen is in and of itslf a useful/educational experience.
Great analysis!
----
Stutter Edit is totally different - it chops up incoming Audio from it's buffer and provides some FX tools to treat the grains, on a temposynced basis, the different setting/Snapshots are then playable via Midi - it doesn't load audio files, only processes incoming audio, so not comparable to Padshop Pro at all.

are you going to have an xmas special for your padshop banks?

Untamed Spirit wrote:are you going to have an xmas special for your padshop banks?
I wasn't planning to as I had a big pre-christmas sale in Novembre and with all the salemania going on everywhere, I think I will skip a Christmas special this year. I might do a special for Newsletter subscribers though.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Untamed Spirit wrote:are you going to have an xmas special for your padshop banks?
I wasn't planning to as I had a big pre-christmas sale in Novembre and with all the salemania going on everywhere, I think I will skip a Christmas special this year. I might do a special for Newsletter subscribers though.
Good plan!

Your stuff is very fairly priced considering the quality of the programming and the large amount of high quality and unique sample materiel included.

Sampleconstruct wrote: ----
Stutter Edit is totally different - it chops up incoming Audio from it's buffer and provides some FX tools to treat the grains, on a temposynced basis, the different setting/Snapshots are then playable via Midi - it doesn't load audio files, only processes incoming audio, so not comparable to Padshop Pro at all.
Stutter Edit from your description is another type of Effects tool. Focused on live use. I've actually never been that much of a fan of the Stutter effect it twists my brain. I suppose it's a type of super scratch effect often used for brake dance. To scramble time.

These athletic/street/circus dance impresses some for sure. I'm more interested in Modern/Ballet eastern forms, martial arts and so on. I get turned off by the IMO overly agressive street attitude. It's not my style because it's not my life.

Return to “patchpool”