Updated Alchemy Presets for new Alchemy version

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear Alchemists,

Today I distributed the first update for one of my Alchemy soundsets: Warped Strings.

Some of you might already have downloaded and installed the latest Beta version of Alchemy which is available to Alchemy customers via their Camel Audio support account.
In Alchemy 1.50 a new Preset Browser is introduced, this also means that the subcategories I added to all my Alchemy soundsets do not exist anymore (which I regret a lot).

Alchemist losan - who some of you will know from the KVR and NI forums - was so incredibly kind to tag all the presets from Warped Strings, as I am useless at this, I can't work with tags and keywords to find my sounds to be honest and I only use my own stuff anyway. losan also added some short descriptions and playing tips from my pdf file.

You can now browse through your presets using keywords for articulations, timbre or type in the sounddesigner you're looking for - so type in e.g. "Simon Stockhausen" in the search field and all my presets will appear. Or browse by Sound Library to see all presets from Warped Strings in one list.

Please note: These presets will only work with the current Beta version, not with any former version of Alchemy, so if you're still using the release version (1.25) don't install these new presets.

The download folder only contains the acp and aaz-files not the samples, you don't need to re-install the samples only the new presets. After unzipping the file you downloaded, place the contained folder "Warped Strings" here and substitute the existing folder:

Mac: HD(not user)/Library/Application Support/Camel Audio/Alchemy/Presets
Windows: PathToDataDirectory/Alchemy.data/Presets/

Then use the function "Scan for New Presets" from the File Menue and you'll be ready to go and make full use of the new browsing system.

More updates for my other soundsets will follow.

I sent a mail to all Warped Strings customers, I hope I don't get too many bounces. :cry:
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I just distributed the new tagged presets for my soundset Alchemistry, if you are an Alchemistry customer and have not received the mail I sent, please check your spam folder. I resent all bounced/spamflagged mails from a different mail account.

Hi Simon-

I was wondering if you had an ETA on the updated Alchemistry Beyond patches.

Thanks -

jtnyc wrote:Hi Simon-

I was wondering if you had an ETA on the updated Alchemistry Beyond patches.

Thanks -
Not really, no - as I'm not tagging them myself I need to ask losan about that.

I'm currently finishing "Metallurgy" - Simon will receive this set this weekend.
After that I'll start on "Alchemistry Beyond" - expect that set inside the next 2 weeks.

Cheers

losan wrote:I'm currently finishing "Metallurgy" - Simon will receive this set this weekend.
After that I'll start on "Alchemistry Beyond" - expect that set inside the next 2 weeks.

Cheers
Thank you Frank! Coming to Hamburg then?

losan wrote:I'm currently finishing "Metallurgy" - Simon will receive this set this weekend.

Cheers
Thanks, I appreciate the fine work you've done on the others.

Sampleconstruct wrote:

Cheers
Thank you Frank! Coming to Hamburg then?
Hi Simon,

right now it seems it won't happen, but I'll contact you soon...

arachnaut wrote:

Cheers
Thanks, I appreciate the fine work you've done on the others.
Thanks arachnaut,

hope it does help you to find your way around with Simon's patches !

Actually I was quite surprised with the new browser - I hadn't expected such a radical change to the preset management when Camel first contacted me in regards to tagging their Add-ons.
I can understand, that Simon felt somehow helpless with the new browser...

Anyway, I already started with "Alchemistry Beyond" today (I needed a change,
just something bit different...)
adding the main categories and also included Simon's subcategories to the "User tags" field (for those, who are used to it... - these can be found via the search field).
Tomorrow I'll work further on Simon's comments to "Metallurgy" - it's the one thing, which is the most work to me (I mean - I have to read it, I have to understand it, and I need to condense it to the most relevant infos for the "Comments field"... :D )

Cheers

losan wrote:
Actually I was quite surprised with the new browser - I hadn't expected such a radical change to the preset management when Camel first contacted me in regards to tagging their Add-ons.
I can understand, that Simon felt somehow helpless with the new browser...

Cheers
Yes, "lost" is the correct description for it....I tried tagging my subscription patches the other day but gave up after 10 minutes or so, I find the existing categories and attributes pretty useless, tbh and often assigning those attributes to more excotic patches seems obsolete. Then I could start inventing my own categories and attributes to add in the user field but who would search for those invented keywords to start with?
So I'm very glad and thankful that someone like you, Frank, who knows his way around does this work for me. After all you are very experienced through the years you spent with Kore.

Dear Alchemists,

I just emailed the link to the updated presets for Alchemistry Metallurgy to all Metallurgy customers. If you don't receive that mail, please check your spam folder. If I get any bounces I will try resending the mial from another account.

In Alchemy 1.50 a new Preset Browser is introduced, this also means that the subcategories I added to all my Alchemy soundsets do not exist anymore. 
Alchemist losan - who some of you will know from the KVR and NI forums - was so incredibly kind to tag all the presets from Alchemistry Metallurgy, he also added the original categories in the "user tags" and some playing tips from my pdf file.

You can now browse through your presets using keywords for articulations, timbre or type in the sounddesigner you're looking for - so type in e.g. "Simon Stockhausen" in the search field and all my presets will appear. Or browse by Sound Library to see all presets from Alchemistry Metallurgy in one list.

I also added a thumbnail image (png) to the preset folder so a pic will appear when a preset from Alchemistry Metallurgy is selected in the browser.
As Metallaurgy only uses very few aaz-files (resynthed sample data) this download is a small one: 6 MB

Please note: These presets will only work with the current version of (Alchemy 1.50) and not with any previous versions.

The download folder only contains the acp and aaz-files, not the samples, you don't need to re-install the samples, only the new presets. After unzipping the file you downloaded, place the contained folder "Alchemistry Metallurgy" here and simply substitute the existing folder:

Mac: HD(not user)/Library/Application Support/Camel Audio/Alchemy/Presets 
Windows: PathToDataDirectory/Alchemy.data/Presets/ 

Then use the function "Scan for New Presets" from the File Menue in Alchemy and you'll be ready to go and make full use of the new browsing system.

One more update for my Alchemy soundset Alchemistry Beyond will follow.

Simon

Hi
Did I miss the 1.5 updates for "Alchemistry Beyond" or are they still being worked on?
Regards
Simon

kontakt1968 wrote:Hi
Did I miss the 1.5 updates for "Alchemistry Beyond" or are they still being worked on?
Regards
Simon
No, you didn't missed it, sorry for the delay...

I'm currently adding the last comments to the presets.
I'll sent them to Simon tommorrow or the day other.

Then I'll need a break...
:wink:

If KVR gave out medals you would get one! :wink:

losan wrote:
kontakt1968 wrote:Hi
Regards
Simon
No, you didn't missed it, sorry for the delay...

I'm currently adding the last comments to the presets.
I'll sent them to Simon tommorrow or the day other.

Then I'll need a break...
:wink:
Don't be sorry Frank - you just rock!

Return to “patchpool”