User productions with patchpool soundware - please post your tracks here.

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trouble the greasy slippery look out! duck! before you hit your head on the low doorway kind of track...

No not really just all the different tools I've got recently plus taking up some of my older things like the Uhbiks means the sound palette is expanding exponentially. In large part thanks to you and your great work, Simon!

I keep thinking about the Patchpool Sample pack with the russian train samples... oops I need to get a new hard disk case first though...
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

I'm working on composition techniques so I've been referring to the String Quartets of Beethoven which I have on my shelf in big lovely score.

This is inspired by the famous 1 note repeated movement from op. 59 number 1.

So I'm using 9 instances of Chromaphone playing sounds from Modelled Reality and 1 or 2 sound from ChromaZone.

As well as 2 instances of Iris playing sounds from the Iris subsription.

I would call this a hybrid or a fusion of ambient electronic and classical styles. Or a Confusion if you wish!

http://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/beti ... so/s-et6Ag

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I'm working on composition techniques so I've been referring to the String Quartets of Beethoven which I have on my shelf in big lovely score.

So I'm using 9 instances of Chromaphone playing sounds from Modelled Reality and 1 or 2 sound from ChromaZone.

I would call this a hybrid or a fusion of ambient electronic and classical styles. Or a Confusion if you wish!

Nice experiment, I left some comments on the cloud...

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:I'm working on composition techniques so I've been referring to the String Quartets of Beethoven which I have on my shelf in big lovely score.

Nice experiment, I left some comments on the cloud...
Thanks for the kind attention and comments!

I notice you mentioned that the timing seems too mechanical, well not to be making excuses or anything but by way of explanation I'm working with my own accelerando Lfo routed to the master clock and finding it somewhat tricky to work with, Its basically introducing an increase in tempo of about 10% over a 100 bar section as well as a smaller swing amount over a 1 1/2 bar. This Lfo is further turned on and off every once in awhile to make plateaus in the general overall accelerando effect. Unfortunately with all this artiface I still have not got it to swing, so I'm working the various parameters as well as tweaking an additional layer of groove amount per bar. It's fun and educational and very round about way to work with timing.. Thanks for pointing the issue out to me!

I also need to deal with getting some sense of rests in the harmonic flow as well as a more satisfying resolution at the end.

Still using some of your ChromaZone and Modelled Realtiy sounds, and I also found some Iris sounds that suit the style somewhat better, PianoScrape Drone.. being one of them..

Added Filterscape VA and Diversion to the mix as well.

Return to “patchpool”