Trolling customers

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Simon, I think it should say:

"I'm a one-man operation and I handle every order personally, not automatically. Response time is rarely longer than 24 hours. Thank you for your order and your patience. And if you do NOT receive the link within 24 hours, please shoot me a RANTING, OVER-THE-TOP, SCATHING, FOUL MOUTHED, IN-YOUR-FACE, HATEFUL DIATRIBE, IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS WITH TONS OF (!!!!!) e-mail. Thanks!"

Bobbotov wrote:Simon, I think it should say:

"I'm a one-man operation and I handle every order personally, not automatically. Response time is rarely longer than 24 hours. Thank you for your order and your patience. And if you do NOT receive the link within 24 hours, please shoot me a RANTING, OVER-THE-TOP, SCATHING, FOUL MOUTHED, IN-YOUR-FACE, HATEFUL DIATRIBE, IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS WITH TONS OF (!!!!!) e-mail. Thanks!"
Brilliant, it's almost as long as an entire product description but it makes things much clearer for the customer. :D

I'm having an early night tonight, if anyone orders during the night, please read the text above
:harp:

Simon, I think out of good customer relations please send me the products I want before I order them. That will make me very happy. :lol:

george wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:ridiculous. anybody that orders software knows that there is usually a 24 hour time frame allowed :roll:
Very bold assumption... Latest software I purchased, Panic Transmit, sent e-mail with serial in about a couple of minutes after payment confirmation.
no, you misunderstand what i meant george, sure, i have received instant or near instant receiving many times. but what i was saying is, its best to give the seller 24 hours at a minimum before you complain.

AstralExistence wrote:but what i was saying is, its best to give the seller 24 hours at a minimum before you complain.
I agree. We are human after all :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIOCc0tfoqA
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Hi Simon,
I'm sorry you had to endure that customers misery.
Don't take it personally,just because he's living a agonizing exsistance doesn't mean you have to let him bring you down to his misery.
When you are in a sales/service oriented business these creeps are unfortunately part of the territory.

It could have been worse,imagine if he was also a drummer! ;-)
Best regards,
Kenny
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Simon is an artist. I have purchased his creations because they are beautiful, finely-crafted and unique. Anybody who minds waiting for such things would be unable to function in the "real world" beyond their computer screen. People who order from a one-person, small shop making special products should not expect instant gratification.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

kgdrum wrote: It could have been worse,imagine if he was also a drummer! ;-)
ROFL - thank's Kenny :D

Gonga wrote:Simon is an artist. I have purchased his creations because they are beautiful, finely-crafted and unique. Anybody who minds waiting for such things would be unable to function in the "real world" beyond their computer screen. People who order from a one-person, small shop making special products should not expect instant gratification.
Thank's - probably I have to learn more about how to combine the artist with the one-man-business and not let the business side affect me emotionally....

I'm actually pretty amazed at the speed of delivery from the smaller developers generally and Sampleconstruct Patchpool is one of the fastest.

Patchpool is a huge resource, so I'd guess it's much more difficult to mange than sites that just offer patch banks without sample materiel.

To see the larger perspective the bigger the selection sound products the harder it gets to manage comfortably.

Patchpool contains great work, actually a lifetimes work i sense, wall to wall quality, customers of all kinds show up at the door, then once in a while you may run into impatient people that lack a understanding nature a twisted version of the ME generation. Or perhaps distorted by some previous trauma, personal problems a history mental or physical disorders..

They are out there, and it's best to do as you did, gently but firmly show them the door!

All the best from Copenhagen!
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

AstralExistence wrote:
george wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:ridiculous. anybody that orders software knows that there is usually a 24 hour time frame allowed :roll:
Very bold assumption... Latest software I purchased, Panic Transmit, sent e-mail with serial in about a couple of minutes after payment confirmation.
no, you misunderstand what i meant george, sure, i have received instant or near instant receiving many times. but what i was saying is, its best to give the seller 24 hours at a minimum before you complain.
Ah ok, yes I agree, still devs have to deal with impatient rage syndrome :)

tehlord wrote:
ZenPunkHippy wrote:Yep, 1 in X customers is going to be a psycho. For bett... well for worse, nothing good can come of it.

The number of psychos seems to increase at a fairly constant rate with the number of users, so look at it on the bright side: more psychos must mean business is good ;)

Peace,
Andy.

No wonder you call yourself a hippie.

Finding a bright side to having to deal with twats :hihi:
I hate to disillusion you, but that's not hippie, it's yuppie. :wink:
(No offense intended ZPH).

My first purchase experience with Simon (and I did understand about the manual orders), was that after the money was sent, I expected to maybe get it the next day or two. Within the next couple of hours (close to midnight my time), he sent me an email apologizing for the delay and that he was on a road trip and would take longer than usual. The links were in my email when I woke up. Even his delays are pretty quick!

BBFG# wrote:
tehlord wrote:
ZenPunkHippy wrote:Yep, 1 in X customers is going to be a psycho. For bett... well for worse, nothing good can come of it.

The number of psychos seems to increase at a fairly constant rate with the number of users, so look at it on the bright side: more psychos must mean business is good ;)

Peace,
Andy.

No wonder you call yourself a hippie.

Finding a bright side to having to deal with twats :hihi:
I hate to disillusion you, but that's not hippie, it's yuppie. :wink:
(No offense intended ZPH).

Sorry for the continuation of off topic, but I always thought yuppie stood for 'Young Upwardly Person' - usually an insult to an obnoxious banker etc from the 1980s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuppie

Thus, tehlord was right.
And Andy is a hippie ( :singer: and he wants to get stoned...)

Anyway, Simon's products are brilliant - I've bought 4 of them - and he's easily one of the best sound designers around.

Return to “patchpool”