Trolling customers

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had a strange encounter with a very aggressive customer form US this morning, it happens rarely but when it happens I'm just baffled. This guy ordered my Absynth Bank Vol. 2 shortly after 6 am in the morning, I was already in the studio making some Iris patches and saw his order shortly before 7. Meanwhile he had sent me a mail:

Come on man where is the download link, you get the money and I have to wait for you to wake up to send me the file. This isn't cutting it, particularly since I've purchased sounds from other European suppliers and they have a download area that your taken to, only you and one other guy pull this routine. Change your policy otherwise this will be my last purchase.

I answered:

Wow, what a kind message.
I process all orders manually, the link was just sent to you.
Have a nice day.
Simon

He had already received the order confirmation with the link and sent this:

You got some kind of deal going with Razilla a cut maybe. Well partner watch how fast I uninstall this bullshit application after it supposedly does what you say it will do. You want to know why people don't like this crap you can download a virus or another problem unintended consequences heard of those. You can f**k with me because your thousands of miles away you won't do it to my face though. I hate someone giving me the runaround.

I answered:
Why are you so aggressive? What happened…
S.

I got sort of upset and then deleted the link I had sent him and reimbursed him via paypal - then I wrote this:

I will now reimburse you, the link has been deleted, I don't need this shit.
Best
Simon

WTF? :nutter:
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DELETED

michi_mak wrote:maybe spend less time bumping double threads over here :hihi:
and spend more time improving customer's experience on your website :hihi:
Maybe spend less time following me around on this Forum and spend more time taking care of your own business.

Speaking as a customer, I do expect to get download links as soon as I've completed the money transfer. I notice that every time a developer does things manually - and curse my impatience while I'm at it (sign o' the times, apparently).

But all of that doesn't warrant a reaction like the one you got. I once worked in a bicycle shop for half a year, and one out of 100 customers was usually some sort of psycho in one way or another. These people have issues that you probably wouldn't even think of. It happens, best to stay professional, duck or run away if needed, and move on.

Yep, 1 in X customers is going to be a psycho. For bett... well for worse, nothing good can come of it.

The number of psychos seems to increase at a fairly constant rate with the number of users, so look at it on the bright side: more psychos must mean business is good ;)

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

FWIW I don't mind customers being annoyed - we all have a bad day sometimes, but I generally draw the line at swearing or excessive anger - particularly if I'm helping out on the weekend. No one needs that.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

ariston wrote:Speaking as a customer, I do expect to get download links as soon as I've completed the money transfer. I notice that every time a developer does things manually - and curse my impatience while I'm at it (sign o' the times, apparently).

But all of that doesn't warrant a reaction like the one you got. I once worked in a bicycle shop for half a year, and one out of 100 customers was usually some sort of psycho in one way or another. These people have issues that you probably wouldn't even think of. It happens, best to stay professional, duck or run away if needed, and move on.
Thank's for chiming in, it's announced all over my website that the order process is performed manually, so when people order during the european night they will have to wait, if they don't want to wait they should purchase either during european day time or not purchase at all.
As I hardly sleep they get their links within several hours anyway :)

I can take a severe amount of trollism, but at a certain treshold I don't accept it anymore and don't want to supply people like that with my sounds.

TBH Simon, the guy just sounds like a wanker.

Next time it happens though, I wouldn't bother re-imbursing idiots like him. After all, nobody forced him to buy your software (and effectively he has it for free now) nor is it at all unreasonable to wait up to 24 hours etc for software links to be sent.
To start giving people such grief after 55 minutes is pathetic.

Sounds like a few folk round here.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

people are f**ked over minor things nowadays too fast and too often, they should be lucky to have a home, food and so on. you did the right thing refunding him, cause you dont need such unrespectul money man. sometimes i cannot wait to get my links but thats some happy feeling like xmas :D but i havent had an aggressive feeling when things dont get automatically processed.

it's sad but dont bother yourself with that instead concentrate on things which make you happy like music ;).

It's tough, but the only solution is for us to change, we can't expect the customers to change. Probably the best way to handle it though is to let a person answer who is not directly involved in making the products. If someone says your products are crap, this hurts and will lead to emotional responses - which only make things worse.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Yep, 1 in X customers is going to be a psycho. For bett... well for worse, nothing good can come of it.

The number of psychos seems to increase at a fairly constant rate with the number of users, so look at it on the bright side: more psychos must mean business is good ;)

Peace,
Andy.

No wonder you call yourself a hippie.

Finding a bright side to having to deal with twats :hihi:

Put a smile back on your face and keep doin what your doin Simon

It's disheartening for sure and can rattle you because it seems to come out of nowhere. But, Simon, you have strong support and appreciation here. The age of the Internet has given power to the cowards who hide behind their keyboards and blast away. You can try to smooth things with them once or twice and then it's time to move on. There are more important things to get done.

All the best
Avi

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Yep, 1 in X customers is going to be a psycho. For bett... well for worse, nothing good can come of it.

Peace,
Andy.
LOL - yeah business ain't bad, I can't complain at all :)

Return to “patchpool”