Steinberg releases my sound library Granular Symphonies for Padshop Pro

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Only got the one folder called Steinberg Media Technologies but in THAT folder is one called Padshop then all my user presets.

The uninstall/reinstall didn't work.

I'll ask Steinberg support.

The problem is there really isn't a browser for presets in Padshop Pro. There is a list of presets but you can't cruise your system LOOKING for presets. Padshop has to already know where they are.

Andy B

Sampleconstruct wrote:The path for the installed vst-containers on a PC should be:
Windows: C:\Users\[User Name]\Documents\VST3 Presets\Steinberg Media Technologies\Padshop\
[/quote]

Ahh, wait, maybe I was wrong, can you search your system for "Steinberg Media Technologies" and check the folders that will come up.[/quote]

Well there is a browser at the bottom of the Padshop Pro GUI in Logic, and there is the general browser in Cubase but in all other DAWs Padshop seems to work only with lists.

Maybe it's a permissions-issue on your system preventing the installer to install the content where it should belong.

Hi Simon !

It's been awhile, since I've been here on KVR the last time
(well, at least writing...)

First - Congrats to this release !
Seems to me nearly as a "Best of Simon Stockhausen" -
like throwing all your experience of sound design in the last years
into this one package.
Best wishes for it - may it be a great success for you !

BTW, nice little interview on the Steinberg site, but IMHO way to short -
I guess you could tell way more about the way you work as is exposed there.

Regarding the problem with the presets mentioned above -

as this is a Steinberg soundset - w1awb, did you activated the set
(downloaded the licence on the elicencer) ?
Though you can install the set without it, it may prevent them from showing up, until you do this.
Just a thought.

Best, Frank

losan wrote:Hi Simon !

It's been awhile, since I've been here on KVR the last time
(well, at least writing...)

First - Congrats to this release !
Seems to me nearly as a "Best of Simon Stockhausen" -
like throwing all your experience of sound design in the last years
into this one package.
Best wishes for it - may it be a great success for you !

BTW, nice little interview on the Steinberg site, but IMHO way to short -
I guess you could tell way more about the way you work as is exposed there.

Regarding the problem with the presets mentioned above -

as this is a Steinberg soundset - w1awb, did you activated the set
(downloaded the licence on the elicencer) ?
Though you can install the set without it, it may prevent them from showing up, until you do this.
Just a thought.

Best, Frank
Hey Frank, long time no read, nice to see you around :)
Certainly a lot of sampling and granulating experience went into this set, I wouldn't have pulled something like this off 3 years ago for sure. The interview was so short because there were only so few questions and I didn't want to make up my own questions...

And you're most probably right about the activation of the library via the eLicenser.

Ran the e-licenser during installation and the license shows up fine. If I knew where the presets were I could just copy them to my user file.

Andy B

Certainly a lot of sampling and granulating experience went into this set, I wouldn't have pulled something like this off 3 years ago for sure. The interview was so short because there were only so few questions and I didn't want to make up my own questions...

And you're most probably right about the activation of the library via the eLicenser.
Yeah, actually I've been just tired to write anything, but be sure, that I'm nonetheless around here, and for sure follow your evaluation (if I dare to say so),
which is fascinating, as I'm kind of a "fanboy" of yours since your very first presets provided for Absynth on the NI forums.
Seems, you came a long way since then - and you deserve it !

The only downside to the Steinberg set (for me) is, that one could not follow the growth of the library as with other libs of yours - which is half the fun of it - but I guess, I need to get this one anyway...
(and I try hard to fight my GAS syndrome lately - but damn, there's still
some great stuff coming along - even when you think you heard and seen it all...)

Damn you :D - Wish you well

losan wrote:

Yeah, actually I've been just tired to write anything, but be sure, that I'm nonetheless around here, and for sure follow your evaluation (if I dare to say so),
which is fascinating, as I'm kind of a "fanboy" of yours since your very first presets provided for Absynth on the NI forums.
Seems, you came a long way since then - and you deserve it !

The only downside to the Steinberg set (for me) is, that one could not follow the growth of the library as with other libs of yours - which is half the fun of it - but I guess, I need to get this one anyway...
(and I try hard to fight my GAS syndrome lately - but damn, there's still
some great stuff coming along - even when you think you heard and seen it all...)

Damn you :D - Wish you well
I wasn't allowed to talk about Granular Symphonies, before you make the deal you have to sign this paper (NDA), so I had to keep quiet since the end of March when we agreed on producing this library, wasn't easy I tell you :)

Yeah, the good old Absynth days...

Just got it!! Marvellous sounds on the demos!!
Simon strikes one more time!! :clap:

Same issue for me, presets not showing, everything updated and activated.
Steinberg support not easy to reach... :-(
Last edited by matteogk on Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you again, Simon, for truly musical, sublime designs of prolific artistry!
I'm amazed and surprised - flowers, maestro!

James :)

a no brainer! bought and downloading now.

Now, lets hope they make the padshop presets able to be imported into halion 5 :)

matteogk wrote:Just got it!! Marvellous sounds on the demos!!

Oh dear, I wish I could help, maybe I have to get a PC next in order to understand PC issues better. And thank's for the flowers :)

jas wrote:Thank you again, Simon, for truly musical, sublime designs of prolific artistry!
I'm amazed and surprised - flowers, maestro!

James :)
Thank's so much, James - I'll put the flowers in the studio :)

Untamed Spirit wrote:a no brainer! bought and downloading now.

Now, lets hope they make the padshop presets able to be imported into halion 5 :)
I doubt, this is going to happen, the granular engine and the modulation system in HALion is a bit more complex and slightly different to Padshop Pro so I don't think this it's possible to convert the presets.

Nice job, Simon! Great sounding presets, and installed without issue on OS X. Both the standalone PadshopPro and Cubase Media Browser loaded up the presets correctly. Thanks for your large effort on this one.

Ed

Sampleconstruct wrote:
matteogk wrote:Just got it!! Marvellous sounds on the demos!!

Oh dear, I wish I could help, maybe I have to get a PC next in order to understand PC issues better. And thank's for the flowers :)
Thank You Simon,
seems like you just thought about it an the issue was solved!! ;-)

(or we can say "art solves problems which numbers cannot explain") :P

I'm diving deep in your new piece of art. It's such a joy for the ears and for the heart... Thank you for this!! The flowers are from YOU!!

BTW:
I updated the eLicenser, deleted and reinstalled Granular Symphonies, and the installer "itself" decided another path (do not ask me why!) for the library... hope this will help others, here it is now:

C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\Padshop\VST Sound

(this is on win7/32bit)

Return to “patchpool”