User examples using Iris Subscription series sounds

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets

BBFG# wrote:
I've asked myself the same questions regarding repurposing certain banks or at least if Simon's perspective comes through the same way in the different engines.
I have his complete sets for Alchemy and Chromaphone and while there may be some similarity in patch personality, I do find them to be different enough to not really cause an overlap. I just picked up Iris and find it compliments Alchemy in a different way so that I really couldn't say one was better than the other. But since Alchemy has been my number one go-to (and still is) and Iris seems to have really grabbed my interest; I can see it becoming as Alchemy's partner in the mix.

Given that, Iris has made me interested in finding what sound designers have come up with for it and immediately who comes up has been Patchpool and Luftrum. Both have intriguing sound sets. Specifically for this thread, I have to say, much of the sample content Simon has here seems to add some completely different content than his other programming/sample for other engines he has done. Great work Simon! I'll be jumping on this subscription just as soon as I get my server connections sorted out.
I totally agree there's no overlap between the diffrent libraries within one Synth engine, or between the diffrent Synths libraries. Simon doesn't seem to want to rehash his old work, he is always moving forward into new territory. I guess this what seperates true masters from the rest of us..

It also shows up how the tools we use can influence the final creation, like genetic material is the building blocks of the whole, they seem to have a mind of their own... Fascinating thought. Which I experience first hand when following one sound designers work through several synth systems..One of my most rewarding self education projects ever.

That and my Numerology3 Pro experience gives me some insights that are pretty unique and unrepeatble. Lots to learn and experience in the future. Keeps the winter blues away in dark old Denmark for sure!

Great that your getting in on the Iris Subscription, it's one of the best values in Soundware on the market right now!

Regards

Wade
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote: Fascinating thought. Which I experience first hand when following one sound designers work through several synth systems. One of my most rewarding self education projects ever.
... Lots to learn and experience in the future. Keeps the winter blues away in dark old Denmark for sure!
Great that your getting in on the Iris Subscription, it's one of the best values in Soundware on the market right now!
Regards
Wade
I have a small list of designers I try to follow at this point. Sound (theirs and mine) is definitely going through an evolutionary awakening of the educational variety. Oddly enough, it seems to have me moving away from the other musicians only wanting the ubiquitous and conformed synths of the past.
Spending a great deal of time in meditative-reflection to mix these obvious juxtapositions to something I've yet to hear from myself. My only edits, tweaks and scratch programming has been with Alchemy, and a little with Zebra. I'm just basically scratching the surface with certain Reaktor ensembles and while one might think these engines can be redundant at first sight, they're proving to each have a niche to them in character and capabilities. Anyway, Iris is quickly becoming something I enjoy using for programming also and Simon's Iris samples add a great depth to the machine.

And as for those dark winter blues? I live on a mountain in the desert, not too far from the sea. And our three main seasons are Fire, Rock Slides, Snow. (With varying forms of wind in-between). Our roads close regularly and only the internet connects me to the outside world and only music and sound keep me sane.

I'm working on getting some ISP issues with bandwidth improved (We only have one ISP that works up here). But as soon as I do, the Patchpool Iris subscription and Luftrum's set are the top of my download list!
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

BBFG# wrote: And as for those dark winter blues? I live on a mountain in the desert, not too far from the sea. And our three main seasons are Fire, Rock Slides, Snow. (With varying forms of wind in-between). Our roads close regularly and only the internet connects me to the outside world and only music and sound keep me sane.
That sounds like an interesting place to live at/in/under - the suburbian area of Berlin where I live and have my studio, is very nice and green and calm, but so civilized, saturated and boring on the other hand...

Sampleconstruct wrote:
BBFG# wrote: And as for those dark winter blues? I live on a mountain in the desert, not too far from the sea. And our three main seasons are Fire, Rock Slides, Snow. (With varying forms of wind in-between). Our roads close regularly and only the internet connects me to the outside world and only music and sound keep me sane.
That sounds like an interesting place to live at/in/under - the suburbian area of Berlin where I live and have my studio, is very nice and green and calm, but so civilized, saturated and boring on the other hand...
Very different living conditions we seem to have, makes for an interesting mix!

Here's another track

Iris x6 with Patchpool sounds, Blofeld fed into Stutter Edit. and Trash 2, Maschine running through trash. 2c B2.

Master Compression 2c B2 reverb

http://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/youw ... ed/s-UYEvX

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Don't get me wrong, where we live is beautiful too and has elements of nature that make it all worth it. Climate Shift has been interesting to watch unfold so quickly though. Nature in action regardless, is well worth the price of the ticket.

BTW, bought the subscription, heading down the mountain to use someone elses bandwidth! (And it's raining and our last fires threaten us with the after math of mudslides at the moment) But the interactions really are all quite beautiful!
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Here's another track

Iris x6 with Patchpool sounds, Blofeld fed into Stutter Edit. and Trash 2, Maschine running through trash. 2c B2.

Jesus, this is (positively) sooo weird :shock:

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Here's another track

Jesus, this is (positively) sooo weird :shock:
I was a little doubtful that I should post it the first time I listened to it, but after a few hours I listened again and said oh what the heck. It's kind of interesting..

I then rushed off to the concert hall and saw Benjamin Brittens War Requiem.. Quite an experience. I thought it was quite choppy and labored at times, but it had it's moments. Interestingl besides the main orchestra there was chamber orchestra of about 12 instruments, that performed long streaches while the rest of the orchestra took a pause. A huge 80 member choir, and 30 member boys choir with organ accompaniment, as well as 3 vocal soloists. 85 intense minutes..

Surprisingly modernistic with interesting instrumentation.

Old Benjamin could have improved it with some Iris Subscription sounds though...

Another day where playing with sounds prevented me from getting out the door.

More of the Same from yesterday.

http://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/some ... ak/s-JWVqy

Regards

Wade

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Another day where playing with sounds prevented me from getting out the door.

More of the Same from yesterday.

http://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/some ... ak/s-JWVqy

Regards

Wade
I'll be sending some more sounds over in a minute, just finished the descriptions for set 37.

I'll look forward to seeing what you've come up with!!

Really trying out the Iris Subscription sounds, it really is a deep collection, happy I'm in on it...

I'm a little envious about the Britten concert, it's something we rarely get here in the States...

BBFG# wrote:I'm a little envious about the Britten concert, it's something we rarely get here in the States...
Oh I think the US has a great concert life in the bigger cities at least.

To make you even more envious I saw that tonight was the last night for the run of performance of Verdi's Falstaff, an Opera I'd been told was one of his absolute best, so I jumped in on that getting one of the last cheap tickets. Just got home from it and I am so pleased I went, it was a real great experience, a final Comic Opera from the master of tragic opera..

Regards

Wade

Another Track using:

Iris Subscription sounds x6

Blofeld into U-he Uhblik Runciter then sent through iZotope Stutter Edit using Patchpool Glitchmania sounds

NI machine using Raw Voltage kits and patterns fed into Trash 2

Some master compression ArtsAcoustic CL series and 2c B2 reverb

http://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/trib ... ce/s-SoKre

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Another Track using:

Iris Subscription sounds x6

Blofeld into U-he Uhblik Runciter then sent through iZotope Stutter Edit using Patchpool Glitchmania sounds

NI machine using Raw Voltage kits and patterns fed into Trash 2

Some master compression ArtsAcoustic CL series and 2c B2 reverb

http://soundcloud.com/twotoneshuzz/trib ... ce/s-SoKre
Brilliant stuff, just listening to it now. The Verdi had some good influence as it seems.

Thanks for the compliment Simon.

I'm working with some of the last added sounds and will post here when I iron out some of the quirks of my own arrangement skills, which sometimes get through the gate a little too quickly..

:oops:

Return to “patchpool”