Torrents, pirates, f**kers!

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

George wrote:It may sound silly, but place a watermark to every file and track them down. Then use your ban hammer :D and report to police.
As I said, time is precious, tracing pirates burns time (and nerves and energy) which - to me - is more harmful than the potential financial loss.

I wouldn't complain publicly then because it's also a time waster ;)

George wrote:I wouldn't complain publicly then because it's also a time waster ;)
But it's good for my nerves and maintains this thread. :tu:

George wrote:It may sound silly, but place a watermark to every file and track them down. Then use your ban hammer :D and report to police.
Only they pay usually with a stolen credit card so you use your ban hammer on some poor soul.. ..i had the "pleasure" in the past so i know very well how it feels to be a fraud victim. :(
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Sampleconstruct wrote:
George wrote:I wouldn't complain publicly then because it's also a time waster ;)
But it's good for my nerves and maintains this thread. :tu:
My advice: get yourself a thai massage :D

Over the last seven days, another 3 of my soundsets were torrented, so it's time to fight my own ignorance an do something against it, as it's becoming slightly demotivating.

Sampleconstruct wrote:it's time to fight my own ignorance an do something against it
Good! We customers want you to continue producing great work.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Michael L wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:it's time to fight my own ignorance an do something against it
Good! We customers want you to continue producing great work.
I just contacted several removal agencies (e.g. Remove Your Media) and will compare their prices for removal campaigns.

Another two sets on the torrent list since today, the downsides of Black Friday Sales.

Amazing, over the last six days, another 5 sets of mine were torrented, they are now also torrenting the bigger libs with many GBs of samples and there are requests what to torrent next to be found on various sites. Might be time to pack it in soon and do something else.

Do you see any decrease in sales? If not, maybe it's better to just look the other way.

chk071 wrote:Do you see any decrease in sales? If not, maybe it's better to just look the other way.
Yes, of course I do, otherwise I would keep on ignoring it, but money is only half of the problem really...

Hi Simon,

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this B.S.
I don't know if this is possible or feasible but...........
Have you ever considered a way to make your own VI housing the particular samples or maybe utilize and re-brand a company's engine sort of like what Motu did with Mach5 to run your samples and have it encrypted or locked(ilock)????

I hate thieves!

KG
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

kgdrum wrote:Hi Simon,

I'm sorry you are having to deal with this B.S.
I don't know if this is possible or feasible but...........
Have you ever considered a way to make your own VI housing the particular samples or maybe utilize and re-brand a company's engine sort of like what Motu did with Mach5 to run your samples and have it encrypted or locked(ilock)????

I hate thieves!

KG
Thanks Kenny, that's exactly what I'm contemplating atm, I could license the UVI player and develop solely for that platform. I'll check the pros and cons.

I don't know if that's the right way to go either, as there would be a license cost involved with e.g. iLok. In this case Simon will have to choose if he, or the customer, will have to pay for this. Either way Simon's earnings will probably be less because:

1. If Simon himself will cover the license fee, he will earn less money per sale.
2. If the customer will have to cover the license fee, this might lead to fewer soundsets sold = Simon will earn less money.

I guess it's extremely difficult to know, beforehand, if the seller will, or will not, gain from using some kind of copyright protection.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “patchpool”