Aureus Ventus for HALion 5 released on patchpool

Official support for: patchpool.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HALion 7 Sonic Cinema for HALion 5

Yeah for me the import is broken - it's always greyed out. Maybe it only works if you don't have it on an external disk, but that really defeats the object.

aMUSEd wrote:Yeah for me the import is broken - it's always greyed out. Maybe it only works if you don't have it on an external disk, but that really defeats the object.
No, it's got nothing to do where you store it, I have had these archives on numerous external drives and it always worked as described.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I so hate Halion's stupid convoluted system for importing sound banks though - took me ages to get it setup - it never works as per the manual or instructions, had to do it all manually.
For most it's a one-click procedure, on one out of 20 systems it doesn't work as it should and the Alias to the sound archive has to be created manually, unless you drop it to the default location (on Mac: User (you)/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Content/HALion/VST Sound), then it always works.
The Steinberg devs never managed to explain it to me, why this would not work on certain systems, so I remain to be baffled when people have problems with installing my libraries.
Okay, I thought it was just because of the way I have H5 installed* in the first place and have been trying a series of different things to get Sonic Cinema fully imported. Just downloaded Aureus Ventus today and will add it tomorrow. Samples register fine, but I haven't been able to get the presets to load. So I have to go through the file system to load anything and loading 'all' leaves out the user files.

* I have the whole thing loaded on the third drive so when default settings want to go to the C: drive, I usually have to do some things manually anyway. Even though there is a folder there that Steinberg wrote anyway, nothing reads from there and never has. For me, *.dll files are on the E: drive in the 32&64 VST folders and samples/presets are in the sample data folders.

I do know they work though, It's just about getting H5 to see them all at the same time.
(And I have been enjoying them!)

Here is another little video featuring the patch Flute Quencer, a bass sequencer made from/with a flute sample using very small grain sizes, increasing them with QC1 brings back some of the original flute sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIxxmo1C4Io

Just wanted to let you know I got them both working great. I suspect I have some registry string requiring me to make the user presets (but not sounds) be placed on the system drive right now. And once I feel a little less lazy, I will look into that (All the factory sets, presets and sounds, have their place on the third drive, so it seemed logical these would have no problem there).

As usual, fantastic sounds! :tu: :love: :clap:

Sampleconstruct wrote:This library has now been released, I updated the first post in this thread accordingly. HALion rocks!
Congrats on another great release!
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

BBFG# wrote:Just wanted to let you know I got them both working great. I suspect I have some registry string requiring me to make the user presets (but not sounds) be placed on the system drive right now. And once I feel a little less lazy, I will look into that (All the factory sets, presets and sounds, have their place on the third drive, so it seemed logical these would have no problem there).

Thank you!
Why go through the hassle with the presets on an external though, the footprint of the presets is tiny, probably 1.5 MB for my library.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:This library has now been released, I updated the first post in this thread accordingly. HALion rocks!
Congrats on another great release!
Thank you!

Sampleconstruct wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Just wanted to let you know I got them both working great. I suspect I have some registry string requiring me to make the user presets (but not sounds) be placed on the system drive right now. And once I feel a little less lazy, I will look into that (All the factory sets, presets and sounds, have their place on the third drive, so it seemed logical these would have no problem there).

Thank you!
Why go through the hassle with the presets on an external though, the footprint of the presets is tiny, probably 1.5 MB for my library.
True. It is more about organizing them for simplicity sake when other things happen down the line though. I hate when everything has worked fined for months and one change means taking a half a day to get it back to that. Keeping it grouped in a certain centralized flow of file structures reduces that time considerably. So it comes down to taking the time once at the beginning or having to take the time every time you add to it. Sometimes though, it's just easier to keep a note file handy of where everything wants to go and the steps necessary to get them to work.

Steinberg has a couple of quirks that happen in every update. (I have to keep their ASIO drivers elsewhere from the H5 directory, otherwise it wants to override all the MOTU PCI ASIO drivers, but still have to put them back for every update and then remove them to their personal storage folder for later use). Major updates that end up replacing most of the software can mean having to go back and redo quite a few things to get it to play nice with MOTU and Sonar.

Yep, the latest HALion update broke most of the looped envelope features (same in Groove Agent), I figured that during the work to AV, got in touch with the devs, but there was no quick fix in sight, so I re-programmed all patches which had looped/synced filter and amplitude envelopes in them, substituting them with a step modulator where I could.

Sampleconstruct wrote:HALion update broke most of the looped envelope features
I love Halion ... I hate Halion. I don't spend as many hours as you making patches, but I spend my share. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to have patches quit work that took forever to get just right. When something as critical as that breaks, it needs an immediate fix. This is one downside to Steinberg. The patch rate is not what it should be for such a major company.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

A very quiet song I just improvised, made with the patches Morse Flute in the foreground and layered with the patch Mellow Flute Pad in the background:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/q ... r-halion-5

----

@SJ_Digriz
I had a long discussion and partially understood why hot fixes are problematic, but only very partially...

Improvising live on video with the patch Epica String Pad from Aureus Ventus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5qJLsrxzv0

As I released a new SoundPack today named Chimes & Whale Drums, containing sample excerpts from Aureus Ventus, I just sent out the download link to all customers who bought this sound library, as you have already licensed these samples, you might as well download them for free.

Return to “patchpool”