Poll: concerning documentation of my libraries, does anybody actually read the PDFs?

Official support for: patchpool.de

Do you read the documentation and patch descriptions published by patchpool?

Yes
95%
No
5%
I can't read
No votes

Total votes: 21

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Personally, I find the patch descriptions great and it's always good to know where you were coming from when creating them. If you find yourself spending more than a few minutes per patch to the point where it becomes a chore, then it's probably too much. Finding a balance can be difficult. But one or two sentences are much appreciated. Besides, I'm always looking for that elusive "perfect" broccoli recipe.

I buy patches for their descriptions. After installation I delete patches to keep documentation only.
SoundCloud * Albums:"Elarchimeriac" "Imnixtimnuor" "Paustiufrutaa"
Join me and other ambient music passionates at AmbientOnline.org

Ranjarresh wrote:I buy patches for their descriptions. After installation I delete patches to keep documentation only.
Sounds sensible!

Sequent wrote:Personally, I find the patch descriptions great and it's always good to know where you were coming from when creating them. If you find yourself spending more than a few minutes per patch to the point where it becomes a chore, then it's probably too much. Finding a balance can be difficult. But one or two sentences are much appreciated. Besides, I'm always looking for that elusive "perfect" broccoli recipe.
While writing these descriptions I often have to re-analyze what I actually programmed, with complex patches this can take up to 10+ minutes, then things get tweaked again (which isn't bad, like the final polish gets polished even more).

Elusive broccoli™ - hmmm - the name for a next project maybe. :tu:

Your pdfs identify where the key mods and limits are, and saves much trial and error. It's one part of your total approach of patches+written descriptions+audio demos+video demos that helps me learn what is possible, so I can sloooowly become better. So valuable. :clap:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:Your pdfs identify where the key mods and limits are, and saves much trial and error. It's one part of your total approach of patches+written descriptions+audio demos+video demos that helps me learn what is possible, so I can sloooowly become better. So valuable. :clap:
Ahhh, that goes down like oil as we say, so that's a vote for keeping things as they are :help:

What about adding a third option to the poll ?

"Making a long pdf takes a lot of no-fun time, I prefer to spend this time to add more presets to the sound bank. Are you Ok to buy it ? " :party:

For me, I don't like to read something that is already on the software panel, or to obvious, like you said above about reverbs.

On the other hand, I appreciate when there is some infos or images about the samples. Where they come from, how they were recorded, etc.
my website: https://samiyounes.com
Latest releases: Attraction for Omnisphere 2 | Magma for Omnisphere 2 | Time for Soundtoys EchoBoy

Spip wrote:What about adding a third option to the poll ?

"Making a long pdf takes a lot of no-fun time, I prefer to spend this time to add more presets to the sound bank. Are you Ok to buy it ? " :party:

For me, I don't like to read something that is already on the software panel, or to obvious, like you said above about reverbs.

On the other hand, I appreciate when there is some infos or images about the samples. Where they come from, how they were recorded, etc.
Naaa, it's not about MORE of everything but LESS, thank´s for the input.

As long as they have pretty photos im in!
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Hey man, I think it shows you really care and like what you do and you go the extra mile. Thumbs up in my book :tu:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Sparky77 wrote:As long as they have pretty photos im in!
Some do, if there was something to photograph, I always include it in the PDFs. My webdesigner even made pics inside the Serum synth for the first Serum set...

Tjgoa wrote:Hey man, I think it shows you really care and like what you do and you go the extra mile. Thumbs up in my book :tu:
Thank you!

Yes. I think the detail in your descriptions is informative and helpful. A dry list would be less so. I mean, you program it to create an effect and when you describe the effect produced by a modulation or knob turn that is interesting and helpful.

Flako wrote:Yes. I think the detail in your descriptions is informative and helpful. A dry list would be less so. I mean, you program it to create an effect and when you describe the effect produced by a modulation or knob turn that is interesting and helpful.
Thanks for the feedback!

Return to “patchpool”