Old Alchemy libraries in version 2.

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a few comments:

If you want to use/see/play old libraries made with Alchemy version 1 in version 2:
Set the browser to Legacy mode and voila, you will see all the old libraries and their names. Three of mine have to be slightly changed as follows:

The new version expects a sub-folder within the main library folder inside "Presets", otherwise it won't show up. So you will have to make a new folder within the library's preset folder, and move all the presets there. This only affects MetaVox, Aqualignum and The Vase.

Example:

HD -> Library -> Application Support -> Camel Audio - > Alchemy -> Presets -> The Vase -> The Vase

Instead of:

HD -> Library -> Application Support -> Camel Audio - > Alchemy -> Presets -> The Vase

——

Besides that, not all snapshots within a preset sound correct, as apparently some parameter assignments and value scalings have been changed, but mostly it’s playing alright.

----

If you never owned Alchemy 1 and want to install the old libraries so that you can use them in version 2 please proceed as described in this example:
So here are the settings for Alchemistry Metallurgy:
For the program folder (containing acp/aaz files):
HD(not user)/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/Alchemy

so the folder structure will be:
HD(not user)/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/Alchemy/Alchemistry Metallurgy/

for the sample folder containing the wav files:

first create a folder named Patchpool in HD(not user)/Library/Application Support/Logic/Alchemy Samples, then put the folder
“Samples Alchemistry Metallurgy“ in that folder so the folder structure will be:
HD(not user)/Library/Application Support/Logic/Alchemy Samples/Patchpool/Samples Alchemistry Metallurgy

As someone who doesn't own Alchemy 1 purchased some old Alchemy 1 libs today and ddn't have the option to run Alchemy 2 in legacy mode, I gave him the correct installment paths so he can use the libs in Alchemy 2, here is an example:
So here are the settings for Alchemistry Metallurgy:
For the program folder (containing acp/aaz files):
HD(not user)/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/Alchemy

so the folder structure will be:
HD(not user)/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/Alchemy/Alchemistry Metallurgy/

for the sample folder containing the wav files

first create a folder named Patchpool in HD(not user)/Library/Application Support/Logic/Alchemy Samples, then put the folder
“Samples Alchemistry Metallurgy“ in that folder so the folder structure will be:
HD(not user)/Library/Application Support/Logic/Alchemy Samples/Patchpool/Samples Alchemistry Metallurgy
After moving the files to the correct places, use the command “Refresh Library“ from the File menu in Alchemy 2.

OK I have just had to do a clean install of Big Sur. All my Alchemy legacy libraries are backed up on a SSD but I presume I won't be able to install Alchemy on this Mac so is there still a way to point Logic Alchemy to the legacy library location without installing the old Alchemy and setting the path from there?

Return to “patchpool”