What is the difference in SFZ and SF2 soundfont formats?

Official support for: westgatesounds.net
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I have Kontakt and Absynth products and know what those are but have not used SF2 or SFZ type files. I know I have many other sound products that use them, but never had to load new sets in them myself, just what the products presets they give me. Or if I did, I didnt know what I was loading. Most the time it is banks of sounds for VST's or Kontakt/Absynth instruments.

So my curious question is, What are SF2 and SFZ formats and which is better to get or what do you recommend?

I see you list Wusik sound items also, which I have.

thank you for any info, I like some of your products.

Dave :)

The difference between the .SFZ/.Wav release and the the .sf2 release is simple.

The .SFZ/WAV release are full stereo sampled .WAV files, while the .sf2 release are mono only sound files.

These are appropriate for working in such instruments as HG Fortunes VSTis.....
Last edited by dnekm on Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thank you for your information on Sound font files.

May I ask you one more question or clarification on your purchased downloads.

I am interested in the Kontakt and Absynth presets provided in your anomaly and Dreams and Nightmares series sound packages. Plus these are downloadable after purchase, correct, except for the ones you do mention mailed DVD.

My main question:
If I were to buy any of the SFZ edition of the sound packs, they also come with the .nki presets to load into kontakt 5 and .ksd presets for Absynth 5?

Just making sure I am reading your descriptions correctly.

Will be buying one of the SFZ edition sound packs in a few days. I found your website though HG fortune. I have bought several of his products.

thank you for this last bit of info,

Dave :)

The .SFZ/.WAV versions come with presets presets for Kontakt V2 and up - both .nki and nkm. Also Absynth presets starting with V3 .glo files, V4 .ksd files and lately V5 nabs files - though it is only the more recent soundsets that have those......

Return to “Westgatesounds.net”