Questions before bying

Official support for: soundiron.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

i'm new on this forum and I'm quite a newbie when it comes to music production. But I'm a composer and eager to learn.

As I mostly write choral music I want to have a good software for this. So i'm thinking of buying Requiem light.

But as I don't know much about it I wonder:

Does it work like any other VST, so I can use Requiem light as a midi instrument in for example Logic? Or Notion? (Notion is a notation software that can open VSTs). Or do I got to have lot of technical competence to use it?

My last question is: Do you know if buying Requiem Light Player edition qualify to a crossgrade offer of Kontakt 5? Native Instruments site list "Tonehammer Requiem light", but does it apply to Soundiron's Requiem light player edition?
Logic Pro 9, Notion 4, Miroslav Philharmonik.

Hi mrarnesen, welcome to the forum. Requiem Light is an instrument library designed for Kontakt, a virtual sampler by Native Instruments.

Kontakt serves as the audio engine and interface wrapper that runs Requiem Light's programming. Kontakt loads into your audio sequencer (Logic, for example) as a standard vst/au/rtas or aax format soft-synth/virtual instrument plug-in. You would then load Requiem Light into Kontakt using the Files menu, the built-in Quick-Load Database system or your OS's normal file browser. You can control Requiem light with your midi keyboard and your sequencers piano roll and assign the specific audio outputs you want it to use. It's pretty standard stuff and not too difficult to learn.

Native Instruments still hasn't finished updating their website with the current brand name information, but yes, Soundiron Requiem Light Player Edition is the one they support with the discounted Kontakt cross-grade offer. If you don't have the full version of Kontakt and only have the free Kontakt Player, then you'll need Requiem Light Player Edition. It has been specially encoded by NI to work in their Kontakt Player.

However, if you do have the full version of Kontakt 4.2.4 or later, then you can use the standard open format version of Requiem Light.

Return to “Soundiron”