KnobMan / SkinMan

Official support for: g200kg.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote:I noticed the initial startup time seemed longer than with previous version - could be the exe wrapper?
hmm. new wrapper sure need slightly longer startup time.
I would like to use this wrapper if it is not so significant difference because it has more functions. (about 2.5s vs 3.0s in my environment)

knob file format will be changed in next release for reducing file size (backward compatible). current format is too easy to fatten especially about textures.

No worries about startup time. I remember before KnobMan started using Java it loaded MUCH faster... Too bad Java is such a bloat...

JKnobMan 1.3.1 is released
http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/knobman.html

Change:
* knob-file format is changed for reducing size
(backword compatible)
(note that the files saved with 1.3.1 are loadable only for 1.3.1 or later)
* Size of thumbnails for KnobBrowser is changed to reflect the oversampling setting
* Rotation CenterX/CenterY display on layer preview
* Improved UI response when editting large output image size

.knob-file format is changed. the format used in 1.3.0 or earlier is easy to increase filesize when use with complex jpeg textures. Though it is depends on situation, 1.3.1 format may reduce size to about 1/10.

About UI response, the thread for layer-preview is separated. It would make a obvious difference when editing over 100x100 px size knob with shadow.

Again, nice updates! :)

g200kg - I have allowed myself to edit the original English language file with somewhat more correct English, and I think KnobMan looks better and kinda easier to understand with it. I have also added some more default keyboard shortcuts (for example Ctrl+Shift+S for Save As, etc).

Please check these out and see if you think they could be added to the default installation!

en.txt

default.txt

Also, perhaps a bug?

When I select a dropdown menu, mousewheel is reversed (moving the mousewheel up selects the next menu item going DOWN, I would expect to select the menu item going UP, because I'm moving the mousewheel UP).

It would also be great if you could make the mousewheel wrap around the dropdown menu (when I reach the bottom of the menu, it starts again from the top, and vice versa).

So, basically, mousewheel direction just needs to be reversed on all dropdown menus - it's fine on numerical controls!

Hi, is there any way to not have decimals on the position and size values in skinman? I'm havivg lots of issues with them when transforming and mirroring.

Would it be possible to exchange that single line edit field when editing text data in Skinman to a multiple line one? I'm using Skinman for my record covers, and this would really speed things up for me.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

First of all Jknobman and Skinman are freaking awesome.
Jknobman is easy to use and has a tutorials online, which i used to get myself started, however Skinman although fairly easy to figure out has very few tutorials, for example I've been trying to figure out how to use SkinMan with Synthmaker.

I can make a skin with Skinman but I am at a loss on how to get my synth I made with Synthmaker to use the skin from SkinMan.

I know I can use the 'Image" adornment in Synthmaker to import images, but is that how you import the skin??
It never looks right when i do that.

So could someone give me a clue or point me in the right direction??

Yes, you got it right, what do you mean by how it doesn't look right? Export image and then using the image loader in SM is how you'd do it, compiling your Skinman project into a single picture.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:Yes, you got it right, what do you mean by how it doesn't look right? Export image and then using the image loader in SM is how you'd do it, compiling your Skinman project into a single picture.
After much fiddling about I've come to the conclusion that this is a case of user error. :ud:
Still I like to see some tutorials on how other people use SkinMan for SynthMaker.

Return to “g200kg”