KnobMan / SkinMan

Official support for: g200kg.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

g200kg wrote:mmm... I see but cant I recommend to assign unused chars+modifiers?
For the time being, yes, but I do think that even if one is using single key as a shortcut, they should not be mistaken for shortcuts when inputting text - when clicking in the text field (say, on the Text primitive), simply disable single shortcut input. If it's too much work, no need to do this - I'll use modifiers then. I just thought things could be faster by using single key shortcuts :)
g200kg wrote:the offset unit is a percent of frame's width and height. objects will be wipeout by +100 or -100. it is not enough?
I dunno, I managed to have a vertical slider where it wasn't enough. Lemme try it again. Check this .knob file out:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jii7qpiw431qn20

As you can see, offset animation from 250 to -250 isn't enough to cover full slider range.

about shortcut,
Current shortcut key mechanism just use java's standard accelerator-key API's. They seems behave like this when the normal chars are assigned. I will do some investigation.

about offset range,
Ah,i see. it is unexpected use of the ROTATED 'Line' primitive. offsetX is a percent for the frame width (32) but rotated to Y-axis (200).

expanding the range limitation is not so difficult but I recommend to use other method. for example, how about to use the RectFill with Aspect instead of Line?

http://www.g200kg.com/temp/slidervert-2.knob

honestly, current 'Line' primitive is not so handy except for the rotating knob's indicator.

Hmmm, good thinking there! However it does not look quite the same as what Line primitive. Check the render mode - the line is sometimes thinner, sometimes thicker, depending on the frame...

EvilDragon wrote:Hmmm, good thinking there! However it does not look quite the same as what Line primitive. Check the render mode - the line is sometimes thinner, sometimes thicker, depending on the frame...
Sure, in this case, unstable line width is the 'Line' primitive. And it is because of the turned-off Antialias option of Layer3.

Actually it happens with both primitives. I still didn't catch the correlation between not having these different widths and number of frames in the whole knob...

Since KvR DC'12 allows support for any plugin format or operative system I'd really like to see Skinan feature TGA export to simplify the workflow in Kontakt / Reaktor.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

You don't need TGA in Kontakt and Reaktor, PNG works in both (in Kontakt since v4 - actually it worked in v3 as well if you renamed PNG to TGA manually; in Reaktor, since v5.6.2 IIRC).

Dear g200kg,
I cannot rename Image-items in the SkinMan (Edit->Primitive->Rename). After renaming, saving and re-opening the name remains the same. But it's possible to rename other items ("Group", "Text"...).
Is it possible to fix this bug?

cprime wrote:I cannot rename Image-items in the SkinMan (Edit->Primitive->Rename). After renaming, saving and re-opening the name remains the same.
I have confirmed the bug.
but today I should have a trip on some business about a week.
probably it is not so difficult to fix ;)

Hey g200kg - long time no see ;)

I have two questions:

* in Shortcuts/default.ini, what does layer= (in Layer section) do? I try assigning a key there, but nothing happens. My guess is that this should bring back focus to the layer (when you switch to one of animation curves for editing). Correct? If so - this isn't working correctly.

* I can't seem to use Insert/Delete/Home/End/PgUp/PgDn/cursor keys as shortcuts? What are the tokens for them? I tried a lot of combinations, but nothing worked. If you didn't implement this, it would be nice :)

Thanks!

EvilDragon wrote: * in Shortcuts/default.ini, what does layer= (in Layer section) do? I try assigning a key there, but nothing happens. My guess is that this should bring back focus to the layer (when you switch to one of animation curves for editing). Correct? If so - this isn't working correctly.

* I can't seem to use Insert/Delete/Home/End/PgUp/PgDn/cursor keys as shortcuts? What are the tokens for them? I tried a lot of combinations, but nothing worked. If you didn't implement this, it would be nice :)
hello,

the 'layer=' is just a mistake. shortcuts will be assigned to only the items on the menu :oops:

Shortcuts for special keys:
java keyEvent name removing the 'VK_' prefix are used.
ex. (INSERT / DELETE / HOME / END / PAGE_UP / PAGE_DOWN)
full list is here:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/doc ... Event.html

but in many case, modifier combination should be used because these keys are controlled by each text-field.
for example:
ctrl INSERT
alt DELETE

BTW.....
Yes it has been a long time.
but I dont have much time now because I'm developing a new plugin for KVR DC2012 :)

g200kg wrote:I'm developing a new plugin for KVR DC2012 :)
:)
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

g200kg wrote:
EvilDragon wrote: * in Shortcuts/default.ini, what does layer= (in Layer section) do? I try assigning a key there, but nothing happens. My guess is that this should bring back focus to the layer (when you switch to one of animation curves for editing). Correct? If so - this isn't working correctly.

hello,

the 'layer=' is just a mistake. shortcuts will be assigned to only the items on the menu :oops:

Shortcuts for special keys:
java keyEvent name removing the 'VK_' prefix are used.
ex. (INSERT / DELETE / HOME / END / PAGE_UP / PAGE_DOWN)
full list is here:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/doc ... Event.html

but in many case, modifier combination should be used because these keys are controlled by each text-field.
for example:
ctrl INSERT
alt DELETE

Thanks!!

g200kg wrote:I'm developing a new plugin for KVR DC2012 :)
That's good to hear, I still use Spectrobits a lot.

@g200k:

Thank you so much for your great Knobman! :)
It's really a pleasure to create knobs with it, I'm so happy you have developed it!!! :) It's really amazing, how many things are possible with it and how easy it is to use.

Now after using it for a while I have a question:
Before reinstalling my Win7 I used to have a thumbnail-view of for example a knob in my Windows Explorer. In this thumbnail only one representative for the entire stripe was viewable, so that I always had a nice overview over the knobs when I was using the Windows Explorer.
Now after reinstalling, this functionality seems no longer to be available.
Now there is only the file-name [name].knob and a white sheet above it in the Explorer.

I also noticed this behaviour, when trying to move the *.knob-files to my laptop.

Can you help me to have the nice one-knob-thumbnails again?

Thank you in advance and
best regards

Return to “g200kg”