KnobMan / SkinMan

Official support for: g200kg.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi g200Kg, any chance of a JSkinman? I use skinman all the time, the only issue I have with it is zooming doesn't work very good when zooming out, I work with large projects eg 2550x1240 on a 1280x800 screen I have to export quite often.
Thanks again for your great tools!

Dunks wrote:Hi g200Kg, any chance of a JSkinman? I use skinman all the time, the only issue I have with it is zooming doesn't work very good when zooming out, I work with large projects eg 2550x1240 on a 1280x800 screen I have to export quite often.
Thanks again for your great tools!
hi,
JSkinMan, I don't start that yet at all. but I think that is the natural intention, though I know it will take time.

JKnobMan updated to 1.2.2
http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/knobman.html

BugFix:Anti-aliasing is not work properly when Zoom< about 20%
BugFix:Export result become not completed image in some cases.
BugFix:Crush on some illegal dynamic text syntax in the 'Text' primitive
BugFix:Cannot launch normally from .knob association (exe version)
Help menu is added

Online help for JKnobMan:
http://www.g200kg.com/en/docs/jknobman/index.html

Can anyone write a Mac Finder extension for JKnobMan's .knob thumbnailing...?
Unfortunately, I'm not so familiar with the mac development. Anyway the necessary information is here.

There are 2 types of .knob format
Old version : "PNG" type

The first 2bytes are "0x89, 0x50". The file extension is ".knob" but the file contents is the thumbnail PNG image itself (The knob information is embedded in the PNG's text chunk). This format is obsoleted because some browser (IE) forcibly process as Image-file.

Current version : "KM" type
The first 2bytes are "0x4b, 0x4d" (KM).
Signature :2bytes:0x4b, 0x4d //"KM"
Offset :4bytes:Offset to KnobData
PNG Image :vairable length:thumbnail PNG image (lacking the first 6bytes)
KnobData :variable length:Information for knob

Because PNG's first 8 bytes are fixed header, knob-file can be easily processed as a thumbnail png image with overwriting the first 6byte to "0x89,0x50,0x4e,0x47,0x0d,0x0a".

Some new requests, g200kg:

* When exporting image, we are required to type the extension every time. There is no option in the dropdown menu "Save as type" for different images. It would be good if this were reinstated. Also, in this case, the last used image name and image type (extension) should always show up when exporting another image.

* "Export done!" dialog is annoying. IMHO it shouldn't show up at all - it should only show up when there's been an error in exporting.

* Tab-toggle order is a bit weird on Preferences page. It goes: Width -> Export As -> Link W/H -> Height -> Duration -> Oversampling -> Loop -> Shuttle -> Preview Frames -> Render Frames -> Orientation.

Ideally, it should go in columns, so Width -> Link W/H -> Height -> Oversampling -> Preview -> Render -> Orientation -> Export As -> Duration -> Loop -> Shuttle.

g200kg wrote:JKnobMan updated to 1.2.2
http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/knobman.html

BugFix:Anti-aliasing is not work properly when Zoom< about 20%
BugFix:Export result become not completed image in some cases.
BugFix:Crush on some illegal dynamic text syntax in the 'Text' primitive
BugFix:Cannot launch normally from .knob association (exe version)
Help menu is added

Online help for JKnobMan:
http://www.g200kg.com/en/docs/jknobman/index.html
Hi g200kg,

I LOVE KnobMan! S I tried JKnobMan, BUT:

It's so f****g slow!

I use an i7 930 with 6gigs of ram and a 1024MB video card!
:(

I can't reproduce the slowness on my 2 GHz dualcore... It's alright.

michat wrote: I LOVE KnobMan! S I tried JKnobMan, BUT:

It's so f****g slow!

hmmm,
* Is that about 'JKnobMan' rather than 'WebKnobMan'?
* JRE version? could you test with latest JRE (JRE7)? http://www.java.com/

Another request:

* "Crop" option in the Edit menu, or something. For example, when I have knobs like these:

so I can remove the transparent leftovers around the image without messing about with Preferences Width/Height and zoom factors of each layer...

Easy to do?

Also, could you fix the maximize bug? Try this:

1. Run JKnobMan
2. Maximize the window
3. Close JKnobMan
4. Open JKnobMan - the position of the window is not remembered correctly.

Ive been distracted by WebModular ;)

g200kg wrote:
michat wrote: I LOVE KnobMan! S I tried JKnobMan, BUT:

It's so f****g slow!

hmmm,
* Is that about 'JKnobMan' rather than 'WebKnobMan'?
* JRE version? could you test with latest JRE (JRE7)? http://www.java.com/
Installing latest Java works great.
Thanks for this g200kg :)

michat wrote:Installing latest Java works great.
Thanks for this g200kg :)
That's good :)
EvilDragon wrote:* "Crop" option in the Edit menu, or something. For example, when I have knobs like these:
I have investigated about the cropping. but unfortunately, it is not so easy... :( especially the image aspect will be changed by the cropping. ex) 64x64=>64x32

one approach is automatically modifying related parameters in concert with the new image-size, but this cannot keep the original figure in some case. Eventually, I think I had better add new parameter 'Viewport-size' to prefs not only the 'Image-size'. It may be confusable though.

About Maximize.
I know that behavior but leaved at this time. because the maximizing is a flag independent from the window-size in Windows, but just a window-size changing in Mac. anyway, I will think about this to do well :)

Doesn't matter about image aspect... User should worry about that. I'd most definitely use it proportionally, so that I can trim the unnecessary transparency from images like the one above. Basically, it should just apply the same cropping rectangle to all animations in the knob. I can't see much troubles with doing that? :/

Return to “g200kg”