JKnobman 6 frames switch for Kontakt

Official support for: g200kg.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi to all,

I need to create a switch icon with 6 frames because the ui_switch Kontakt component needs 6 animations:

1 off
2 on
3 off, mouse down
4 on, mouse down
5 off, mouse over
6 on, mouse over

The problem is that if I download a switch from Knobman site I only have two frames and when I try to set 6 frames I get the first three frames with the switch on and the others with the switch off. In order to work properly I should have:

1st frame: switch on
2nd frame: switch off
3rd frame: switch on
4th frame: switch off
5th frame: switch on
6th frame: switch off

How can I do to achieve this in JKnobman?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

I just duplicate the two off-on states in Photoshop manually. It's actually faster than futzing around in KnobMan. :)

EvilDragon wrote:I just duplicate the two off-on states in Photoshop manually. It's actually faster than futzing around in KnobMan. :)
Ah OK, thx. I was thinking about doing in this way but I was not sure if it could work.
Thanks for the feedback.

Antonio.

Of course it'll work, but you won't have noticeable hover and pressed states. You will just have a simple two-states button which won't show any graphical feedback to hovering and pressing.

OK.
Using Knobman, what is the correct procedure instead?
Thanks

I dunno, it's definitely much more complex than just copying things in Photoshop. :P You'd probably have to use "Unfold" along with frame masks and all kinds of trickery to make it work. Too complicated.

Oh ED! Too complicated for you? Never!!! :)

Quite coincidentally, I just figured this one out, like yesterday.

The key is animation curves. Set up 6 frames for preview & rendering, then create an animation curve with a zig-zag shape with 3 points at top & 3 along the bottom (so wish I could just add an image here).

The values will automatically populate in the fields below. You should be aiming for something like this:

T1 = 20
L1 = 100
T2 = 40
L2 = 0
T3 = 60
L3 = 100
T4 = 80
L4 = 0

Then you can apply the curve to colours, shadows, alpha, etc.

Here's a dropbox link with a simple knobman file and a screen shot of the animation curve:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eathknp99lhrb36/7cZpNB6AC-

I've been using it for all sorts of things. Hope it helps.

niktu wrote:Oh ED! Too complicated for you? Never!!! :)

Quite coincidentally, I just figured this one out, like yesterday.

The key is animation curves. Set up 6 frames for preview & rendering, then create an animation curve with a zig-zag shape with 3 points at top & 3 along the bottom (so wish I could just add an image here).

The values will automatically populate in the fields below. You should be aiming for something like this:

T1 = 20
L1 = 100
T2 = 40
L2 = 0
T3 = 60
L3 = 100
T4 = 80
L4 = 0

Then you can apply the curve to colours, shadows, alpha, etc.

Here's a dropbox link with a simple knobman file and a screen shot of the animation curve:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eathknp99lhrb36/7cZpNB6AC-

I've been using it for all sorts of things. Hope it helps.

OMG, thanks a lot!!!
Very very very very useful!!
Kind regards.

Return to “g200kg”