Mouse clicks on button image

Official support for: g200kg.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have four switches (created with Knobman) lined up next to each other in Kontakt. However I have to click near the very left of the image to click the button I want changed. If I click in the centre of the image, it activates/deactivates the button next to it on the right.

It's as if the active-hot-spot for the button has moved over to the left or something.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Is it the way I've created the image in Knobman? Or is it something to do with Kontakt?

Cheers all.

Most likely something to do with Kontakt. You should set the width and height of the button in KSP.

Also the .txt file that accompanies the PNG file of the button should:

* be written using Notepad on Windows
* has to have one empty line after the last line

I may be on to the culprit. Jeez, after weeks (& weeks) of more or less ignoring this issue, only after I post for help, that I try harder to resolve it. Yup, anyhoo...

I'm starting to think it's related to the zooming. I've made several switches & knobs that are not using the full width & height of the layer.

For example, I have small knobs with clock-values displayed just above the knob. I thought I was being clever but this makes the actual knob quite small, when the actual png dimension size is substantially larger.

Then I have narrow vertical switches where there is a lot of empty space filling up the square layer. You see where this is going.

Unless one of you Knobman/tech/graphics guru's chimes in with a quick-fix, it's looking like I have to go back & re-size all my layers in all my knobs & switches.

And I have a lot. Oh joy. :?

What I do in these situations is this (when I have much transparency around the control that needs to be cropped): load the final PNG of the image in one Image layer in Knobman, taking care that number of frames and orientation is matched to the image loaded. Disable auto-fit and set transparency to "alpha channel".

Then it's very easy to simply adjust the width and height of the whole KnobMan canvas to crop the control, then export it to a new PNG.

Good morning, ED.

Yeah, I saw one of your posts elsewhere about the extra line and have made sure I have it on all of my text files.

I'm on a Mac but I think it might be related to the way I'm using Knobman. There's a lot of empty, alpha going on between the edge of my knob/switch and the edge of the actual file dimensions.

I'm starting to think that might be it.

Thanks a squillion, ED. Makes sense. Will give that a burl.

Onya! :)

Yep, looks like that did it, Evil D !!!!

Thank you very much. Great tip.

Cheers.

Return to “g200kg”