1.3.1 JKnobman beach ball!!!

Official support for: g200kg.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This version is crashing constantly for me!! Please fix!!!

It would be helpful for the developer if you provide a bit more info instead of just an one liner. If you can explain the steps that led to crash then that would be great.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote:It would be helpful for the developer if you provide a bit more info instead of just an one liner. If you can explain the steps that led to crash then that would be great.
I have about 15 layers, the size is 150. It is a simple on and off switch (2 frames) and when I mess around with the layers, moving layers up and down in size, moving layers left and right, playing with the color of things, it crashes on me. There hasnt been one specific thing that I can narrow it down to as to why this keeps happening. I understand I might be making complex things, but it should be able to handle whatever I throw at it. I was on a 1.2.7 before I updated and it would be very slow at times, but never crashed

I would also like to add, I have just recently discovered this program and have been blown away with the possibilities you can create for your custom instruments. I just wish it was a lot faster

Thanks

Another thing you could do. If you made a full paid version that was kick ass fast, no bogging down, no latency and then had a demo free version that could only handle a handfull layers and adjustments at a time, I'm sure plenty of people would buy it. I would

steffanmichael1 wrote:
satYatunes wrote:It would be helpful for the developer if you provide a bit more info instead of just an one liner. If you can explain the steps that led to crash then that would be great.
I have about 15 layers, the size is 150. It is a simple on and off switch (2 frames) and when I mess around with the layers, moving layers up and down in size, moving layers left and right, playing with the color of things, it crashes on me. There hasnt been one specific thing that I can narrow it down to as to why this keeps happening. I understand I might be making complex things, but it should be able to handle whatever I throw at it. I was on a 1.2.7 before I updated and it would be very slow at times, but never crashed
hello steffanmichael1,
Im sorry for the trouble.

please let me know your OS and Java version?
could you send me or upload to somewhere the .knob file?
I would like to investigate.

I am running Os 10.6.8 and am on 1.3.1 version of Jknobman. Just so that you know, it is not just this particular switch I was explaining about above. It happens when I have about 15 or more layers. If i'm working with a specific color, and I want to manually change all my layers colors, it will sometimes happen then. When I'm scrolling, holding the mouse click up and down with the sizes or direction of any parameter, it will sometime happen then.

I can email my .knob files directly to you if you want to see them, instead of posting them here as they are a concept I'm working on and would rather them not be made public.

steffanmichael1 wrote:
I am running Os 10.6.8 and am on 1.3.1 version of Jknobman. Just so that you know, it is not just this particular switch I was explaining about above. It happens when I have about 15 or more layers. If i'm working with a specific color, and I want to manually change all my layers colors, it will sometimes happen then. When I'm scrolling, holding the mouse click up and down with the sizes or direction of any parameter, it will sometime happen then.

I can email my .knob files directly to you if you want to see them, instead of posting them here as they are a concept I'm working on and would rather them not be made public.
I cannot reproduce the problem on my Mac environment, OSX 10.8.5 and Java 7update45
I think it might be caused by Java version.
please check the Java version, 'Apple menu'-'System preferences'-'Java' and
I recommend to update the Java if available though I'm not sure about the available java version on snow leopard.

About knob-file, please send to webmaster@g200kg.com if you are okay.

Return to “g200kg”