Vlad's SlickEQ tricks

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR VOS SlickEQ TDR VOS SlickEQ GE

Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Nice and very helpful article! :)

The Tilt looks to be really excellent and is often the best way to brighten up dark mixes in a mastering context. I have used curves (or rather flat tilts!) like this before (Har-bal and Melda's Dynamic EQ) and I find that they can sound the most natural as the high frequency boost is given support all the way up the range rather than thinning out the sound or scooping away too much in the low mids or conversely boosting the upper mids too strongly.

I haven't picked up the GE yet but will be doing so soon!

I'm not sure if you remember discussions we had a while back regarding adding such a tilt to the sidechain filter options for the FB Comp GE but this would be a really great addition.

A tilt towards the lows or highs using this filter in the sidechain would be a useful option when addressing dark or indeed overly bright mixes.

Cheers

Scorb

Edited for typos.
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Hey Mr Scorb, yes, I remember your post!

The new mastering compressor (soon to be announced), features a continuously variable slope high pass filter from 0dB to 18dB/oct. Sort of a tilt if you want (GE only, though).

It also offers a nice solution for too dark or bright mixes, we'll announce more details as soon as possible!
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

That sounds great. Looking forward to this one!

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”