"Proximity" by Tokyo Dawn Labs & Vladg Sound

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Many Thanks for this plugin.
I think this is one of the best plugins that I ever used. I use it an almost all channels.
Very powerful tool for mixing.
My review is 10 out of 10. Period

Thank you everyone, we will release an improved update sooner or later with a few more features and probably new models, too. We just didn't find the time yet.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

I just discovered this plugin--so very cool! I used it all over a project I've been mixing--it makes a really nice difference. Thank you for this excellent, creative work
Last edited by momalle3 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Fabien

Would you consider a small improvement to Proximity in an update:

I find that unless you click the exact centre of the main fader, it moves which is pretty undesirable. It would be great if the fader stayed where it is when you click it and only moves when you drag the mouse.

I hope you understand what I mean! :)

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

1) Is it possible (and appropriate) to use Proximity for extreme changes in distance, and
2) should I use more than one instance of Proximity in such cases?

If I understand the GUI correctly, one instance of Proximity can move closely recorded sounds (for example, vocals recorded 20cm from the mic) to a maximum of 3.170m, and a second instance can then move the sounds from 3.170m to 50m.

djscorb wrote:Would you consider a small improvement to Proximity in an update:

I find that unless you click the exact centre of the main fader, it moves which is pretty undesirable. It would be great if the fader stayed where it is when you click it and only moves when you drag the mouse.
No, not just a small improvement. We'll rebuild the whole plugin from the ground up, probably next year. :)

UI will be fine then, no worries. Proximity has been developemtn in the context of a developer contest, long before Vlad and me decided to join forces under the Tokyo Dawn Labs. The code is quite "distant" from our modern standards. ;)

anton_s wrote:1) Is it possible (and appropriate) to use Proximity for extreme changes in distance, and
2) should I use more than one instance of Proximity in such cases?

If I understand the GUI correctly, one instance of Proximity can move closely recorded sounds (for example, vocals recorded 20cm from the mic) to a maximum of 3.170m, and a second instance can then move the sounds from 3.170m to 50m.
The max distance depends on "original distance", the small knob top left of the UI. With a greater original distance, you can achieve longer distances.

As long you don't use the "true delay" feature, processing can be chained without problems. " will probably suffice. Make sure to set the original distance of the second instance in a correct manner.

As mentioned above, we plan to modernize (and substantially enhance) the whole concept and probably split in into 2 projects. One with a "channel-type" approach like the original proximity and maybe a proximity3D with full 3D visualization and control. That's the rough plan, still subject to change of course.

Some news on an update???

martinjuenke wrote:Some news on an update???
Bump...

No updates yet, sorry. It's clearly on our todo list, though, no worries!

Damn, that got me all excited seeing this in the sidebar.
http://admiralbumblebee.com/
Audio Software Reviews, Woodworking, Programming and more...

:)

Robert Randolph wrote:Damn, that got me all excited seeing this in the sidebar.
Yeah, same here. :)
Mac Studio Max | 32GB | 12.6 | MOTU 828es | MOTU M4 | Studio One 6 | Logic 10.7

Six months later...

I still use Proximity on nearly every project I do. I'd definitely pay for an upgraded remake.

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”