Tokyo Dawn Labs - Feedback Compressor II - beta 1

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FabienTDR wrote:Pls check your current version by pressing the "i" button. Does it say "Version 2.0.0 beta 1"?
Yes. it shows in Cubase 7.01 but not in Chainer. if both v1 and v2 reside in the same folder, only v1 will show on Chainer. if I'll take out V1, leaving only V2, Chainer will bypass my TDR folder altogether (could it be an "ID" thingy ?)
FabienTDR wrote:After a quick check, it seems to work fine in vstanalyser, soundforge and reaper. Which host did you use?
http://www.xlutop.com/html/chainer.html

I do quick checks there. with Cubase 7, as I've noted, it works.
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Thanks Tp3, that's really interesting. So it just happens with Cubase 7.01?

I think we can exclude the unique ID "issue", as it works as expected in my hosts, I can load a mix of both in pluginchainer.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Reaper doesn't see plugin.

B.A.Tech. wrote:Reaper doesn't see plugin.
Now, that's transparent compression! ;D

Seriously, you mean the x64 version, right? Pls check the latest 32bit version, it works properly in reaper.
Last edited by FabienTDR on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FabienTDR wrote:Thanks Tp3, that's really interesting. So it just happens with Cubase 7.01?
No, it happens in Chainer (and, apparently, in Reaper too).

Cubsae 7.01 can see both plugins (V1 AND V2).
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Mhh.. works for me..

But wait for the 64bit bugfix, I'm pretty sure both issues are closely related... Could be an exotic memory error somewhere...

Fabian, please try Chainer STAND ALONE (not as a VST inside whatever-daw-you'r-using)
(Gabe Dumbbell)

FabienTDR wrote:
B.A.Tech. wrote:Reaper doesn't see plugin.
Now, that's transparent compression! ;D

Seriously, you mean the x64 version, right? Pls check the latest 32bit version, it works properly in reaper.
No,it's not x64 version.I downloaded latest 32bit version but it doesn't work.

For me 32bit FB Compressor II and FB Compressor I both show up normally in Reaper 4.31 and EnergyXT1. Even the "old version" did. I'm on XP SP3.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Awesome news! Your FB compressor is great - pleasant looks, good sound, reasonably priced :D

I'll definitively pick up this beta as soon as it goes back to 64bit.

Works and sounds great at Win7/Reaper x64, but creates a crash in Win XP SP2/Reaper x32

I'm really puzzled by these two posts about FB II crashing in Reaper x32 on XP. It works perfectly here. I wonder what's different in your configuration... the other guy had XP SP3, you have XP SP2. I've got SP3. Maybe Visual C++ libraries? Have you got the newest ones? VC++ 2005, VC++ 2008 and VC++ 2010 runtime libraries from MicroShit. :D I always install the latest versions of these on all my XPs.

I'm just guessing that this could be it, from my experience.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Yea im one of those on XP SP3, i'll download it again and try it but i've tried 2 versions now and it doesn't work. I'm upto date runtime wise ect, always am.

I'm on an AMD quadcore if that's of any use to Fabian.

I'm also on AMD quadcore... :-/ to bring the more confusion in. And it works peachy. The plugin and quadcore both, I mean. What's the difference?? I have Dux XP installed. lol Quite lean. But I don't think that's so important, just kidding.

I don't think the ASIO driver could be the problem, but I'm running RME HDSP latest driver. It's a RME HDSP 9652 PCI card running at 256 samples of latency, 96k. Try changing the latency to 256 samples, and clear/rescan VST cache in Reaper?

Hey guys,

it looks a small and evil memory leak. It seems that both versions are affected. For example, I managed to crashy reaper by loading a second fb comp instance.

Pls excuse the trouble, I hope to provide a patch asap.

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”