TDR VOS SlickEQ - Release 1.0.0

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR VOS SlickEQ

Best EQ plugin I've tried (and I've tried/used/owned many !), fantastic plugin : stunning sound quality no matter how you set it, super elegant/smart GUI and worfklow, I'm in love hehe.

I'll happily pay for a Gentleman Edition... even though there's not much to improve in my opinion.

Bravo Fabien, Vlad and Herbert !
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FABIEN AND HURBERT ! The TDR VOS SlickEQ is a wonderful tool and sounds excellent. Love all of the choices the different units offer. Using it everywhere and it doesn't disappoint, rather it provides excellent sound shaping abilities with no artifacts. FANTASTIC!

Thanks guys!

@Audio Freak: "Hurbert", is this a creative mix between "Humble" and "Herbert", is it! I think he'll like it :hihi:
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Ha Ha.... I was just coming back to correct it to Herbert! but yes, he is Humble.

I love you guys..this EQ is really amazing..

It really is fantastic! THANKS!

Site appears to be down at the moment :(

And it's back up! Downloading now!

Wonderful plug - but had this message during close-down on Wavelab:

A serious error has occurred inside the plug-in ‘TDR VOS SlickEQ’.
WaveLab could control it, but it would be best to save your work and restart WaveLab.

::
Mads

First of all great plugin :D

Noticed 2 minor issues though:

1- When I click the online help mode, it brings up the explanation of the help mode but it will not disappear until you click somewhere on the plugin which obviously turns the help off so you can't get the information for any of the controls.

2- Can't pause/play audio after any part of the plugin has been clicked I have to click back into Ableton to pause or play the sound.

I am running Ableton Live 9.1.1 32bit on OSX 10.9.2

Lexi wrote:1- When I click the online help mode, it brings up the explanation of the help mode but it will not disappear until you click somewhere on the plugin which obviously turns the help off so you can't get the information for any of the controls.
Hey Lexi, I don't really understand. The online help purely affects visible controls, secondary elements such as the controls inside the settings window have their own tooltips on mouse over.

What exactly where you trying to find help for?
Lexi wrote:2- Can't pause/play audio after any part of the plugin has been clicked I have to click back into Ableton to pause or play the sound.

I am running Ableton Live 9.1.1 32bit on OSX 10.9.2
Yes, that's normal. Ableton aggressively messes with our text-inputs (i.e. it steals key inputs), so, we do the same. For example, when editing the text of a new user preset or control value, it absolutely makes sense that "space" key-presses truly add a space character to the focussed text input, and doesn't start/stop audio at the same time. Almost all windowed applications works this way: The elements with mouse focus (last clicked element/control) gets full keyboard control. So, following this philosophy, the DAW need mouse focus to respond to key inputs. I understand that it's not perfect, but we can't do much about it (except stop supporting any sorts of key strokes and text-editing in certain DAWs, which we do not want).

Hey Lexi, I don't really understand. The online help purely affects visible controls, secondary elements such as the controls inside the settings window have their own tooltips on mouse over.

It would not let me get tooltips about any of the controls because the information window shown in the image below stayed up when I clicked the online help button.

Yes, that's normal. Ableton aggressively messes with our text-inputs (i.e. it steals key inputs), so, we do the same. For example, when editing the text of a new user preset or control value, it absolutely makes sense that "space" key-presses truly add a space character to the focussed text input, and doesn't start/stop audio at the same time. Almost all windowed applications works this way: The elements with mouse focus (last clicked element/control) gets full keyboard control. So, following this philosophy, the DAW need mouse focus to respond to key inputs. I understand that it's not perfect, but we can't do much about it (except stop supporting any sorts of key strokes and text-editing in certain DAWs, which we do not want).
Ah right I understand now, thanks for clearing that up :tu:

Lexi wrote:

It would not let me get tooltips about any of the controls because the information window shown in the image below stayed up when I clicked the online help button.

Hey Lexi, I think this is a misunderstanding. The online help reacts on "mouse-over". Just move the mouse cursor away from the [ ? ] button over to the control of interest (don't click, it immediately closes the help mode).

Hi, I have read a thread a bout SlickEq on GS, and the discussion was around "which eq for clean HPF" ?
Some "GSlutters" were saying that most (?) software eqs were bad in quality for HP filtering while mastering.
I have read hundreds of times that softwares eqs could have some trebble warping / aliasing while boosting trebbles, but i have never heard about possible issues while cutting frequencies below 20-50Hz ?

Could anyone elaborate a bit (with more "real-world usage" examples, as, if i can understand the theory -quantization noise, etc-, i may have never really cared about my HP :P).

Did some specific design went into SlickEq Hp ?

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”