TDR VOS SlickEQ - Gentleman's Edition - Warm up!

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR VOS SlickEQ TDR VOS SlickEQ GE

Actually, what about a tilt knob then instead of a mid. band?

So there will be 1 tilt, 3 mid bands(2 of can be shelves to create variable and musical bells with tilt ;)) a low and high cut.

FabienTDR wrote:Over the last weeks, we tried to condense all the passionate user feedback to something.. ehmm.. ..more realistic :D
Just use TDR "Feedback" Compressor for that ! :D
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:
FabienTDR wrote:Over the last weeks, we tried to condense all the passionate user feedback to something.. ehmm.. ..more realistic :D
Just use TDR "Feedback" Compressor for that ! :D
:hihi:
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Cooker wrote:Actually, what about a tilt knob then instead of a mid. band?

So there will be 1 tilt, 3 mid bands(2 of can be shelves to create variable and musical bells with tilt ;)) a low and high cut.
Oh, that's a really nice idea.

I love tilt EQs! I have tried the free Elysia Niveau, and the DMG EQuilibrium ones. Perfect in some cases, and even more versatile in combination with Sum & Difference processing.

However, if yuo implement it, please make sure you can easily be REALLY subtle with it via knob control (extended knob range/resolution for low value cuts and boosts), as something like just a +/- 0.2dB change can be pretty audible (thinking, as always, in a mastering context).

But yeah, HPF, 3 bands (all able to do peaking or shelving over the entire audio range, all with switchable wide/narrow Qs on the peaks), LPF, PLUS a tilt (with the zero point frequency adjustable), would be a very elegant way to implement a helluva lot of power!

May I offer next harmonics mode?
Something with input transformers and tubes together?

Smooth and silky sound...
Oh and don't worry tubes are in good shape LOL. :hihi:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

riemann zeta function? :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Ok, here's an updated feature list:
  • 3 bands as before, except that the mid band offer two different filter widths.
  • Hi pass filter with the classic 3rd order HP we had before or a special "bump" HP filer crudely approximating the typical tape-head "bump" Hi-pass effect.
  • Low pass filter, selectable 6dB or 12dB slope. Up to 40kHz of course
  • Tilt filter, +/- 3dB with parametric center frequency (within limits). Additionally, the tilt filter can be broken into a "V" filter!
  • More output stages.
  • New "Japanese" EQ model (aggressive).
As you can see, we dropped the fourth band. But the tilt filter offers potential for some really interesting work-flows, while still keeping usability/accessibility at a maximum. These new work-flows work particularly well with the new Japanese model.

We are working on new, less subtle output stage modes.

I'll soon post some shots of the new UI.

Perfect ! :tu:
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

I could use an oversampling button for mastering but if you guys truly feel it will have no benefit for transparency (in your design) then I won't argue :) the upgraded eq will be a beast :tu:

That sounds like something I'd want on every channel.

Now, since I'm a Logic user, I don't have a phase inverse easily accessible, could you add a small phase inverse button somewhere?
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Cooker wrote:I could use an oversampling button for mastering but if you guys truly feel it will have no benefit for transparency (in your design) then I won't argue :) the upgraded eq will be a beast :tu:
The tests I have done with SlickEQ shows no aliasing problems whatsoever, I think we were used to deal with issues that are not present here, thanks to a splendid design. But I'm no expert of course - maybe Fabien and his design colleges will dig further into this matter...

Looking forward to the GE edition :hyper:

::
Mads

Cooker wrote:I could use an oversampling button for mastering but if you guys truly feel it will have no benefit for transparency (in your design) then I won't argue :)
Central parts of SlickEQ already run at 176.4kHz/192kHz (i.e. more than 4x the audio bandwidth). No need for more! :)

I would like some graphical representation, when using saturation of where the harmonic distortion is added in the spectrum and how strongly. Just a small box would do, which shows a sort of heat signal where the saturation is adding distortion.

Need me to make some picture to explain?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

It already does that ! It´s quite subtle, but check the background of both color and output stage menus : the more you make them saturate the more obvious it gets.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”