TDR VOS SlickEQ - Update 1.0.2

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR VOS SlickEQ

TDR VOS SlickEQ version 1.0.2 is now available from the labs page: http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-vos-slickeq/

This is a small maintenance update meant to fix a small bug and prepare interoperability with the new SlickEQ "Gentleman's Edition" to be released very soon.

1.0.2 Maintenance update

# Add preset interoperability for Standard vs Gentleman's Edition
# Fixed occasional "pop under" in some plugin hosts.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Like most people already have said, thanks for a great plugin! I have a question though. Is it too much hassle to compile this plugin with another compiler that doesn't need the C++ 2012 runtime? Why I am asking is because the plugin crashes under WINE. Regards.

Right know we're using MS Visual C++ 2010 for windows builds. Sadly, the compiler tends to produce the fastest binary.

Does the problem still happen in 1.0.2 ?

FabienTDR wrote:Does the problem still happen in 1.0.2 ?
Thank you for your fast reply. Yes it happens with 1.0.2 and I have also downloaded latest WINE (1.7.2). I remember I had problems under Windows 7 too a couple of weeks ago with version 1.0.1 but not with 1.0. I had to install many of the runtimes that Microsoft offers before Reaper could find it (x64 plugin).

Ok, good to know. This aspect isn't trivial. I think we'll have to set up several empty virtual machines for more reliable testing.

Sorry for the trouble. The typical solution on windows is to simply extend the installer to silently run a redist package installation, but this is not an option in our case. We'll try to fix the problem.

We all should be incredibly thankful that you offer this for free so there is no need to apologise. Continue your great work though!

I noticed that the plugin does load in Reaper x64 under WINE if I change settings in Reaper so that the GUI 's of plugins do not load at startup. I can then use the plugin without the GUI and change parameters but as soon as I press UI, it crashes. I hope this observation helps.

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”